Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth Newlin

Dr. Newlin treated our teenaged son when he was suicidal. We had taken him to other doctors, but she took the time to get to know him and ask many questions, of him and us, before making a diagnosis and prescribing medication and treatment. I also appreciated her desire to further our understanding of the challenges our son faced and still faces, by suggesting reading and other sources of info. I would highly recommend her. Please understand, however, that just because she worked for us, doesn't mean she would be a good fit for everyone. Likewise with any physician. Please find someone who works well for you!

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Dr. Newlin was very thorough and made me feel that she was truly invested in my care. I have been to other psychiatrists in the past and have never had anyone explain my diagnosis and treatment options in such detail. It was by far my best experience with a psychiatrist. She has really helped me to accept both my diagnosis and the medications needed to treat it. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Newlin started out by over-doing my anti-panic medication to the point that it was *so* high that it made my panic worse. To combat the highly sedative drug that she gave, she upped my ADHD stimulant medication to the point I was nearly hypomanic. This combined with poor medication choices, and the lack of the ability to accept she was wrong (citing research sources about decisions she'd made that were obviously out of poor knowledge).I ended up running out of the very addictive anxiety medication because it was making my panic so much worse (I had no clue that this could happen.She's supposed to be the doctor!).Leading to my hospitalization and the termination of my treatment with not just Dr. Newlin but my therapist that I direly need as well because of a diagnosis that is unwarranted and only has been put on me because of Dr. Newlin's lack of knowledge and care for her patients.Don't try this doctor. She will help at first and the first sign of difficulty from you she will stop.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2009

Dr. Elizabeth Newlin's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)