Ratings for Dr. Alan B. Brown

not a spine doctor. left me with infection in my back and did not detect it until it was too late

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Great guy. Listened to my complaints and made suggestions and left it up to me as how to proceed. He also spent 35 minutes with me. I've never experienced that with a MD before.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Spent over 45 minutes with me. extremely experienced and easy to talk too.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

I had a burst fracture after a car accident. I don't remember much pre-op but post-op all I had was severe, debilitating pain. I told the hospital staff that something isn't right and he didn't bother to come see me for two days. After a brief and rude encounter and me begging for him to look at it, he order a fluoroscopy test (I'm an RN) where they tilt you up and down on the bed. Showed my spinal canal was full of bone fragments in which he didn't bother to remove, instead pushing them aside. Nevertheless, that surgery did absolutely nothing. Got fed up and saw a Swedish hospital physician who fixed Alan Brown's mess ups and got rid of most of my pain. I was 31 years old walking with a walker after I saw Alan Brown. Run if you see him. He also owns his own medical device companies and only uses his own products. Supposedly he's having an affair with the rep too!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Great Dr and office staff. Will be back for follow up. Also saw this dr in the ER. He came in in the middle of the night to set my arm.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr. Brown did a great job on my spine fusion. I saw him for a while before I had surgery because I wanted to try options other than surgery. He was the third doctor I went to after being told by two other area doctors that I needed surgery right away. Dr. Brown did not rush me into surgery. He gave me other options. I trust Dr. Brown much more than those other Dr's I visited. Dr. Brown was honest and let me make an informed choice.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2014

Great doctor. He was very knowledgeable and has a great sense of humor. Dr. Brown gave me options other than surgery which was unexpected and appreciated. He spent a lot of time explaining my options and I felt that he was really looking out for me.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

The other negative comments on this site ring true for my experience w/Dr. Alan Brown on 1/9/12. Afer keeping me waiting an hour, he hardly noticed I was in the room, spent about 5-7 minutes with me and offered no explanation or diagnosis of my condition. Unbelieveable. DO NOT GO to this Doctor.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2012

Saw Dr. Brown for mid back pain. Turns out I didn't need surgery. Dr. Brown was very informative and he seemed really honest. Some Doctors just want to operate on you no matter how small your issues are. Dr. Brown is more selective it seems which is good.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2010

Dr. Brown is a spine specialist that I was recommended to go see after my accident. His office staff were all very friendly. Dr. Brown was on time and he was also very nice and professional. He answered all my questions and did not rush me at all. Highly recommend Dr.Brown.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Dr. Alan B. Brown's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1985)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal