Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Pelletier

Everything was good, except he made me feel embarrassed when I asked for STD testing. He advised that if I "fool around" to always use a condom, but he said this in a condemning tone and look on his face. I asked for testing just as a safety precaution because I'm starting a new relationship, but what if I had been a victim of nonconsensual sexual activity, and he said all that? I'm all for a doctor's advise, not judgment. If I thought of sexual activity as just "fooling around", I would not even ask for testing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2015

He's a d***that doesn't need to be a obgyn nor a doctor

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

I have never had any issues with Dr. Pelletier nor his staff. He has always been very helpful, kind, friendly, and very knowledgeable. I would recommend his to anyone. Being in the healthcare field myself, it is hard to find a doctor that meets my expectations but Dr. Pelletier does. I am greatly impressed with him and his staff as a whole.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

I would like to start by saying that the staff at this office is very kind and the wait time is adequate. However I was very unhappy with my experience with Dr. Pelletier himself. Unhappy to the extent that I have recently changed my ob at 20 weeks. Dr. Pelletier is a nice man, however not much of an ob in my opinion. At every appointment I have felt very rushed and like he was not interested in taking the time to answer the questions I had. He was also pushing for me to have another c section for this pregnancy as I did with my first although I wanted to try for a vbac because the reason I had one with my first child was just because cord got wrapped around his leg and he couldnt come all the way down the canal. Dr. Pelletiers exact words were "lets just do another cesarean,get it over with and go to lunch." I could not believe he would say such an unprofessional thing. My 20 week ultrasound was also a horrible experience. When telling me the gender he said "ok I think I got it."

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

My child may have cerebal palsy because of this doctor and his staff they wanted and had me push then made baby stay in canal and not montoring heart rate at least a good ten minutes while waiting on doctor to arrive. Then doctor arrived and I still couldnt push cause he wasnt dressed. I am sorry this is so inappropiate care. I would NEVER deliever with him and his staff again. A newborn now has his whole life that couldve been prevented, he is now 9months old and showing signs of CP.

Submitted May 6, 2014

My ob gyn retired and i was transferred to him. I feel like he doesnt even want me as a patient and he cant even get my due date right because he claims my prior ob gyn didnt fax allthe papers. I contacted my old ob gyn and he sent the papers several times. What really upsets me is he wont give me an ultrasound. I have only had one at the beginning of my pregnancy and he claims he only gives 2 but one at beginning and another around 4 months...but since im 30+ he wont. That upset me bc my old dr did them to see how growth was in the 3rd trimester. I am so disappointed. Im def going to try and desperatelybfind a new ob gyn today. Nothing hurts a prego mom more than refusal to haveban ultrasound or know the curiosity of the sex of ur baby. Its not fair and not what i want as an experience...

flag | Submitted April 7, 2014

I had an amazing experience with dr. Pelletier. My son was a high risk pregnancy and he took EXCELLENT care of me. I visited his office every two weeks for six months of my pregnancy and then went one a week for the last month and a half. He educated me well on what I needed to do. I had a cerclage inserted and also had my gall bladder removed.. Dr. Kurtz was on call when I delivered and I refused to be seen by him. Dr. Pelletier came to the hospital and delivered my son. He came multiple times to check on me and my son before we were released. I had a premature infant at 23 weeks before my son and was using a different doctor at the time.. It was a terrible experience.. Dr Pelletier never made me feel stupid. He has awesome bedside manner and very respectful. He answered all questions I had and put it in terms that I could understand. I will NEVER use another ob/gyn

flag | Submitted November 18, 2012

Nothing but excellant service recieved from Dr Pelletier. We first went to him when my wife was 6 months pregnant with our son. She didn't have insurance then so I made cash payments, and they were always extremely helpful and suportive. We also had our daughter delivered by him as well with the same excellant service by him and the whole staff. If we hadn't moved to Texas we would still be going to see him, even if we lived in Nashville. I would highly recomend him and his staff to anyone. We've never even come close to a bad experience with this office, and we've been there for many visits. I typically don't respond to things like this, but I would back Dr Pelletier against any of these negative responses. Yall take care up there, and wish we could move the office to San Antonio.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Thought that Dr Pelletier was great during my pregnancy and birth of my daughter. Very courteous, hard working and knowledgeable. He listened to my concerns and my many questions. When there were decisions to be made I felt like he did a great job of educating me so that I could make the best decision. C-section went smooth and he took the time to pick an incision site that would blend.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

Wow I cannot believe the reviews on Dr. Pelletier. He is my absolute most favorite doctor ever. I've went to him with 2 children and I would never choose another doctor. I never have to wait long, he's very sweet, caring, knowledgeable, and I never ever feel rushed. He always makes sure ALL my questions are answered before I leave. His nurse Helen is really sweet too, she takes a bit to warm up to but after that she's just as great as him. Now his new staff he's gotten in the past few years I could do without, I miss his old receptionist Tara, she was amazing and just made the visit all that much better, she would do everything she could to get you in if needed. Candice is okay I guess but leaves much to be desired. But getting back to Dr. Pelletier, if you think he is a bad doctor then you're in for a reality check when you go find another one. I moved and had to find one for my last child and it was HORRIBLE. Never again will I choose another ob doctor. Pelletier is the one for me.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2011

Dr. Michael J. Pelletier's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Columbia, TN