Ratings for Dr. Leanne M. Molia

I recommend her highly! I have sent my friends and famiy members to Dr. Molia.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

I first met Dr. Molia several years ago when my daughter had an injured cornea and was in excrutiating pain. We took her to Mather Hosp. where she was examined and then we were referred to Dr. Molia. It was a Sunday but she opened her office to see her. She saw her every day that week, even out of office hours. Her compassion and professionalism convinced us to make her our family eye doctor. We have been very happy with her since. She is extremely thorough and has picked up problems in both my and my husband's eyes and doesn't hesitate to send us to the appropriate specialist. We have recommeded her to friends and they are very happy too.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

I went for a severe problem with tearing. After several visits I still was not better and suggested that maybe my tear ducts were blocked imagine I had to suggest to the doctor what might be wrong. She irrigated my tear ducts to no result and said it tested negative. I then went to LI Eye and upon examination was told that my tear ducts were blocked (without my suggesting it). They irrigated my tear ducts and it felt a lot different than when Dr. Molia did it, and it actually cleared up my problem right away. Unfortunately for me I had a lapse in health insurance and had to pay out of pocket for the visit and procedure on top,of the extra visits I now owed to Dr. Molia. Dr. Molia should have diagnosed my problem on the first visit, which she did not. Insult to injury she actually gave me eye drops that had components I was allergic to and I only found out when I called my pharmacist to report the awful irritation I was experiencing and he had me stop the drops immediately.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Very caring,compassionate and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2013

You were just upset you had to pay for a copy of your records. Would you have to pay at Staples?The literature reference for the impotance of a multivitamin for macula/retinal health is the landmark AREDS study. Read it!As per dilating a farsighted eye, the concern in some people is that they may have a narrow chamber angle. Dilation often precipitates an acute increase in pressure and the potential for vision loss. If Dr Molia dilated you several times without event it makes me wonder if you really had a narrow angle. Did you get a second opinion before you had another doctor perform the surgery and altered the anatomy of your eye? I sent your comments and photo to Dr. Molia's office.Research your comments before you publically post them and subject yourself to lible. It will cost you a lot more then the photocopy price.A doctors office is legally allowed >10days to make copies of your records. Knowledge and accuracy, Judy, in your written word word makes a person more credible.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Dr. Molia is a very nice person but her ideology gets in the way of her practice of medicine. She is very conservative and doesn't like laser surgery. I found out the hard way after losing peripheral vision in one eye that laser surgery might have prevented or postponed the loss of vision. I have glaucoma and am farsighted in one eye; she dilated my pupils when my farsighted eye had a narrow angle, which could have caused my intraocular pressure to spike and cause permanent damage to the optic nerve. When my vision deteriorated she insisted I take Centrum multivitamins, even though no study has shown that multivitamins improve eye health, and that I try getting new glasses, maybe mine were scratched? She got defensive when I said I wanted to get a second opinion and did not want to give me copies of my records. I had to make three trips to her office before she agreed to give me the copies, which I had to pay for. I do not recommend Dr. Molia at all!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Leanne M. Molia's Credentials

• Suny At Stony Brook Hlth Sci Ctr, Stony Brook Ny 11794 (Grad. 1991)

HealthPartners