Ratings for Dr. Zahir Dhalla

Dr.Dhalla has been my neurologist for many years now since losing my last doctor. He is very personable and on many occasions has taken the time to call me at home if I call with a problem. I never have to wait very long when I arrive for my appointments. His staff is very friendly.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2016

This neurologist reminds me of Dr Wilder Penfueld who was the founder of Montreal Neurologicalp Hospital and Institute.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Dr. Dhalla was great. He. Recognized the cause of my problem very quickly. He was very patient and listened to all my concerns. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a neurologist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

My husband, daughter and I highly recommend Dr. Dhalla. My daughter has seen a few neurologists over the years for a complicated and unusual diagnosis and Dr. Dhalla has been very helpful, sympathetic, understanding. He has referred us to others as necessary and thinks outside the box. He takes time with my daughter the patient. We are not made to feel that we are just one more billing. He is compassionate, knowledgeable and always on the look-out of new solutions to an intractable neurological conditon.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

I think that Dr Dhalla is a rare find...I have only had the best of care from him and he was the only one who understood my restless leg syndrome and treated it properly...after having suffered horribly for years with RLS, and my family Dr not knowing anything about how to treat me, Dr Dhalla was amazing and continues to be...you do not ever wait around in his office to be taken in which in itself is amazing..I can discusss anything with him and feel very comfortable doing so...tests were arranged quickly...I would and have highly recommended Dr Dhalla...I don't know that I would be here today if not for his care...I was at that point when I finally found him....huge Thanks to him...

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

I was referred to Dr Dhalla by my family doctor. He completely failed to inform me of contraindications with other medication I was taking, which in turn caused a lot of complications and could have had serious consequences for my health. When I confronted him about it after seeing another specialist, he shrugged and told me "well, you can't remember everything". I was completely appalled. Wildly unfit to be a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Was referring to see him following a disappointing experience with another neurologist. Although my diagnosis and treatment remains the same I found that Dr Zahir made me feel comfortable to ask questions and share anxiety about my condition. He was kind and took time to review options in detail. I know I will need services of a neurologists for years to come so it feels good at least having someone who I can be comfortable with.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Dhalla was the second neurologist we have seen in Ottawa. The first we saw was so disappointing and uninformative. Dr. Dhalla was friendly, informative and totally thorough in looking at my husband and where we should go in testing and treatment. Punctual, friendly, answered our questions and we left feeling much more hopeful in what is yet to come. We left the office feeling we were with the right doctor. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I was referred to Dr Dhalla by my family doctor for a newly-discovered neurological condition which Dr Dhalla was able to diagnose. He seemed quite knowledgeable, but was extremely dismissive of my questions and concerns regarding treatment of my condition. His level of exasperation at having to answer basic questions I had about managing my condition were rude to the point of being inappropriate. DO NOT see Dr Dhalla if you have any interest in being engaged in your own patient care unless you're willing to be spoken to like a child. Would not recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014