Ratings for Dr. Maureen Kelty

Submitted September 18, 2014

Best EVER !! I have been a patient since 1993 and WONT go anywhere else

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

Dr. Kelty has been my OBGYN for over 15 years. She has been an amazing support through difficult times and has always provided a wealth of knowledge and was extremely patient with my endless questions. I have never minded waiting if she was running behind, because I knew that would not affect the time she spent with me. She is simply a doctor that gives every patient the time and care they deserve. I think that is a quality that is pretty hard to find these days!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Unlike the other people here, I did not experience a wait longer than 5 minutes. Dr. Kelty performed my first pelvic exam and was very respectful. In addition, I was seeing her for some other issues and she was very knowledgeable on the subject and had many different treatment approaches lined up. Her staff was very friendly and everyone treated me with respect. I would recommend Dr. Kelty to anyone because I had such a positive experience with her.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I like Dr. Kelty as a doctor, I think she's very knowledgeable but her staff is horrible! I tried to call to reschedule my annual appointment and was told that Dr. Kelty doesn't have time to address any of my concerns and that I would have to set up a separate appointment for that. Her office staff is just incredibly rude! If I was like that at my job, I wouldn't have a job.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2010

Like other responses, Dr. Kelty never met my appointment time. I waited once for over an hour. My biggest concern is that she did a surgery to remove a fibroid tumor (at that time 1 cm) and couldn't find it. She told me that it must not be there and gave me a different diagnosis. Over three years she never checked for it. On year four she noticed it because it was 10 cm. She then told me I needed it removed immediately, that it was probably cancerous, and at 28 that I would need a hysterectomy. She was wrong. It was not cancerous and I found a doctor to remove it without losing my uterus. She could not even tell me where the fibroid was located. The doctor that did my surgery didn't find any signs of the other conditions she claimed I had. She did other procedures that her nurse even said was unnecessary. Over the time period, she lost a lot of nurses and the last one was unprofessional enough to come into the room, grab some tools while swearing, as I waited 20 plus more minutes.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

She's knowledgable, but I've seen her twice and both times she's been really late. The first time she was 15 minutes late, but the second time she was nearly 45 minutes late. I had to sit in the room wearting that awful paper gown and no one ever came in to tell me that she was running behind.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

I would not recommend Dr. Kelty. Every single time I've gone to see her she was at least 20 minutes behind and once I waited an hour past my appointment. At one visit I had a nurse tell me to come find her in about 15 or 20 minutes if she forgot to come back. It's ridiculous. After I had outpatient laproscopic surgery I was unable to get a prescription faxed or called in to a pharmacy to stop my vomitting they told me I had to come in to pick it up. This was after hours of waiting as the doctor was with patients and couldn't take a minute to write me a prescription. She also isn't very personable which isn't the biggest deal but I consider it to be a negative characteristic for a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. Maureen Kelty's Credentials

• University Of South Dakota School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal