Ratings for Dr. Bernie Gryfe

I was a patient of Dr. Gryfe back in my 30's and he was an excellent dentist. but then I moved out of the country. When I returned to Toronto I searched everywhere for him. I thought he'd be in the same office he'd been in for 30 yrs. but to my surprise I heard he had retired. I guess you can't keep a good man down - He came out of retirement and I'm thrilled to have him back as my dentist. You can find him at Dr. Dana Colson & Associates @ Yonge & Davisville. He's an outstanding Dentist and a highly recognized Oral Surgeon. When I read the comment from another rate, I had to wonder if this was the same Dentist she was talking about. I had a serious impacted wisdom tooth that he extracted without difficulty. I'm sorry for what that other patient experienced 10 years ago. She really held onto that experience seeing that she posted about it 10 years after the fact. I suppose nobody has a perfect record. He's a fantastic dentist!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

About 10 years ago, Dr Gryfe extracted my wisdom tooth, and I still have nightmares. He started out very friendly but his patience wore off when the freezing took longer than he wanted. Then he started jabbing the needle again and again in my mouth. Then he lectured me as if I were a child..."you don't know the difference between pressure and pain". After suffering through a difficult childbirth, I think I know the difference. In fact I should have used the hand I was gripping the chair with and demonstrated that concept to him first hand. He continued to yank out the offending tooth and then stated that some of the root was missing and that could cause me to have more problems. He then passed me off to the nurse who sat with me for a while I tried to recover from having a tooth extracted without having the numbing effects of freezing. I believe I was in shock, literally and disbelief of what had just happened. The office staff must have known something was wrong as they gave me a 50% discount. I filled my prescription for Tylenol 3 and took them every 4 hours for the next week. The pain was so bad I called the dental office back and arranged to see one of Dr Gryfe's associates (I couldn't stomach Gryfe and his condescending manner). The other dentist kindly packed my dry socket with clove oil and then followed up with a phone call later that day. Why wasn't my gum stitched up after extraction? It took a long time for me to trust another dentist but luckily I have found one who is very caring and takes the time to make sure I will not feel pain when having any dental procedure done.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2015

Dr. Gryfe was my childhood dentist and still have him today. He is the best. Very funny. Very witty. Great person.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2014

Dr. Gryfe is one of those doctors that really really knows their stuff! He's full of experience. He's never had boogers or bad breath! His dentistry is the best in the field!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2013

Dr. Gryfe gave an opinion in a legal matter on my TMJ problem despite the fact that he never examined or interviewed me. He claimed I must have had TMD before an accident even though he never called to ask if I had pain and the documents indicated I did not. 4 other dentists have disagreed with him, but his opinion caused me to have to sue an insurer - who settled rather than rely on his opinion - and has delayed settlement on another claim.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Dr. Gryfe saved my back molar today! I was in so much pain from a terrible infection that set into the gum. My dentist was away. Gryfe was very kind and gentle, in my mouth and in my pocket! His root canal work is the best in the country. Seriously, If you can get into see him, grab it!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Bernard Gryfe! What a pleasure to be able to write about him here. In over 30 years, I can say with all honesty, that the care I receive is second to none. He is a Master of his craft. He cares deeply about every patient and takes extra time to explain treatments, while putting you at ease. He lives up to the challenge when presented with a difficult case. And you just know that you are in safe hands. You feel you are his only patient! My beautiful crowns are a shining example of how cosmetic work should turn out. I participated fully in each stage of the process. It was team work! Throughout his long career, Dr Gryfe still attends seminars to keep up with all the cutting edge technologies. I even attended one myself, to better understand what I was to go through with the crown procedures. You need not look further for your tooth care. I know that you will be as thankful as I am, when you make an appointment to see Dr. Gryfe. Thanks so much Bern. “You are simply the best." TLR

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

Dr. Gryfe has taken my teeth with fillings, also broken teeth, and just a messed up mouth by previous dentists and made me look like a million dollars!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

I had been told by two dentists that a tooth of mine could not be saved and had to be pulled. I was referred to Dr. Gryfe to pull it because he is "strong". When Dr. Gryfe looked at my x-ray he asked if I wanted to save the tooth or pull it!!! I was in shock, to say the least. I had been told that after it was pulled I would have to wait two weeks until I could have a temporary denture, then wait six more months for an implant that would cost $4500!! I left there with a beautiful new tooth that looked perfect in my mouth that cost 1/9th of that amount. This is a miracle worker. His assistant is extremely pleasant as well.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2010

Recently Bernie did a double root canal for me since my regular dentist (Dana) was not available. He was awesome and took care of my excruciating pain and was very friendly and personable, and funny!. I would definitely recommend him for any dentistry work.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009