Ratings for Dr. William E Stevens

I had an emergency situation (obstructed bile duct). Dr. Steven's nurse got me in the next day. I was scheduled for surgery the following day. He was great - explained the procedure & made sure I got in to see a surgeon to remove my gallbladder. He stayed late on a Friday to do my procedure (ERCP). I am extremely grateful to him & his staff!!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

does not follow up on his surgery.known for making errors

flag | Submitted September 20, 2011

Dr. Stevens did not follow acceptable medical protocal to diagnose my gastro symptoms. In addition, he misdiagnosed me with a pre-cancerous condition that the Mayo Clinic subsequently said was completely unfounded and wrong Dr. Stevens would not admit his mistake nor change his findings even when confronted with Mayo's full report. He is a very poor doctor. I would never advise anyone to see him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2009

He does not want to see you, does not want to do anything but coloscopies. Is out of touch with patients, nice sometimes, but is really not interested in getting you better, you will have to do this on your own.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. Stevens' office manager acts as an inpenetrabke buffer between the patient and the physician. Her manner is rude, if not brusque. My internist submitted an order to see Dr. Stevens on June 11; the office manager refused to submit my signed release to another Dallas physician telling me to submit it myself. There was no followup other than a telephone call on Monday June 22 advising me that the records had been received, but that Dr. Stevens had not had time to review them. I called on June 25 asking to speak with Dr. Stevens directly. The office manager, not Dr. Stevens, returned the call today (June 26), refusing to put me through to the doctor. My advice would be to find another gastroenterologist who will respond in a timely manner and whose staff is accommodating not rude and overbearing.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Dr. William E Stevens's Credentials

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical School At Dallas (Grad. 1987)

GHI