Ratings for Dr. Patricia D. Lanter

This is my first pregnancy and I didn't want to go to the other "baby factory" in the county that my healthcare authorizes. I found Lanter. At first I liked her. But started to question her interest in her job in the second trimester. She scheduled the first round of blood tests. However when I asked if there were any others as the months progressed she seemed aloof and unconcerned. She also did not advise me on the types of prenatals to take: what essential vitamins and minerals, amounts and such. HAD she done this it would have prevented serious complications later on. As time passes her visits got shorter and shorter. Then as I'm entering my third trimesters she has her STAFF give me paperwork about getting a glucose sensitivity test done and getting a vaccine. Other than paperwork no other information was given nor exchanged. I scheduled my usual "yearly wellness physical" and my primary dr says they won't give me the vaccine as I got it last year and they don't want to double dose as it's good for 4-5 years. (Made sense to me) next lanter appointment I gave back the info my primary had given and lanter flipped out and got extremely offended that I would listen to anyone other than HER. Then the glucose tests came back stating I was minorly anemic (btw this apparently is a standard condition that happens when you grow another person) lanter proceeds to panic and freak out and put me on an iron supplement that is 350% of the daily dietary need. This cause severe and violent vomiting within 4-8 hrs of taking it. This lead me to having to take it in half doses 2x a day. Lantern did not advise my Endocrinologist of this additional supplement and Lanter's actions caused my thyroid levels to dip to dangerous levels at the 33rd week of pregnancy(I had thyroid cancer in 2013 and had my thyroid removed entirely). It was at this point that I gave up on lanter entirely. I went with my endocrinologists advice and advisement from here on out. My endocrinologist is awesome and actually cares about ME and my health so I follow her direction... stopped the 350% iron supplements went onto a better prenatal, and started eating a list of foods that had a higher natural iron content amount. Since being on the endocrinologists plan my thyroid levels are back to normal, my iron levels are normal, and my anemia is barely in the threshold (almost NOT ANEMIC). HAD LANTER done the blood tests on a monthly frequency we would have caught the anemia early and had zero thyroid complications!! I also found out moments ago that they should have done a pap at the first prenatal appointment and never did. Lastly I didn't appreciate Lanter's judgement on how little weight I was gaining. She was snarky and judgmental and condescending. Even after I told her I had dietary restrictions (I'm allergic to wheat so that cuts a lot of foods out for me) plus she took no weight when I told her I was having a hard time swallowing certain foods that caused me to have a nauseous feeling after a few bites. (Besides I'm the type that I don't aimlessly eat or eat out of boredom. If I'm not hungry I don't eat, I'm also not a snacker by nature. I eat when I'm hungry and only eat until the hunger feeling goes away.) I'm up a whopping 12lbs since finding out I was pregnant-sarcasm- also do consider I dropped 12 lbs in the first and half of second trimester. So in total I'm up 24lbs if you consider the weight I had to regain.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

my daughter, mother of 3, 40 years old, went to see Dr Lanter to find out if her depression could be related to hormonal imbalance. it was getting progressively worse, and the anti anxiety medicine was not taking care of it. I am a retired OB nurse with decades of experience, and I suggested this. not a good move on my part ! the woman who showed my daughter to the exam room, after a long wait, asked her what her problem was. when she heard "anxiety", she told my daughter, "the doctor doesn't see people for that". my daughter gently insisted, and the heartless empathy-lacking woman said, "tell me your symptoms, and I will tell you if you have depression or not". so my sweet daughter complied. the woman left the room....came back eventually and said, "the doctor refuses to see you. you can get dressed and go". this doctor never laid eyes on my daughter, and she had no idea if this patient she refused to see was going to leave the office and jump off the roof. that office has always had rude people working there (I have known Dr Belzer over 30 years) they also have desk workers whom I have SEEN write prescriptions to women who walk in and ask for them and don't see the doctor. I inquired about this, and I was told they always do it, and it's fine with the doctors. beware !!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

This is the worst doctor I've had in my life! Very rude and not very sympathetic at all. Since day one she kept telling me that because of my age I could have problems. I know how old I am and there was no need for her to be so cruel. First visit she told me my baby had his organs outside of his stomach. Sent me to a GREAT genetics specialist, I guess that's the only thing I can thank her for. He was great in Westlake Village, love him and his staff, Dr. Shields. He said no, he did not see anything wrong. I kept going to see her and then my lab results came back positive for trisomy 18. They called me from her office said something came back positive, no feedback no nothing, she didn't bother to want to see me, they told me to call Dr. Shields. He was the one that offered me more testing and even asked me if my OB had already explained the situation to me, I said NO, nothing. Haven't even seen her. He told me call her and get this other test Verifi done. I did, it came back positive again. Two weeks went by and no call from them, I called, they're like oh yeah, it' s still positive, heartless, no sensitivity at all to my situation. I had to google and find out on my own what was going on. They told me oh, we sent the information to Dr. Shields, he'll call you. Hold on, but aren't you my OB?? Wow.. I was speechless, let alone devastated, alone, I didn't know what to do. Dr. Shields called me that afternoon at around 9pm, I knew it was bad for him to call me this late. He said, the test was positive and it's basically 99% accurate, but then I did so much research and I learned that the Verfii test can also be wrong, at times, and other types of invasive testing should be offered. I was offered nothing, not even by Dr. Shields. Which surprised me. He said see your OB for more information and to see what decisions you need to make. I made an appointment with her, she said do you know that this diagnosis means. I said, yes. I googled it. She's like it's INCOMPATIBLE with life. No chances of this baby surviving and kept on rambling, you need to make a decision. I said we want to continue with the pregnancy. I was 5 months pregnancy. She's like you understand the baby will die. I said yes. She told me with I just want to let you know that I will absolutely NOT perform a C Section on you if the baby becomes distressed. My husband then asked her so then what happens, she's like the baby dies. So where do I come in, what if a C Section was needed??? I was so scared. Worst experience ever. She said you need to make a decision but my opinion is that you should have an abortion. I have 4 other children grown up already, this had never happened to me. I was devastated, scared and didn't know what to do. I left the office in tears. I called Dr. Shields told him I wanted to have another ultrasound to see how the baby was growing. The baby had poor growth, he explained in detailed about his hands and feet, they were deformed and his heart had problems and brain too. All I could see was a baby. But I didn't want my baby to suffer at all. I was lost and didn't know that to do. I just think this doctor needs to be more sympathetic an not let her personal opinions or thoughts interfere. I don't know if it was something against me, or that's just how she is. At this point I do not care for her at all. She's not a good doctor to me. My personal experience with her was awful. And others might have different opinions. This is mine and strictly mine. I would not recommend her at all to anyone. In my book she's not even a 1 star, 0, nothing!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Dr Lanter failed to prevent my premature labor. I called several times because of bleeding and abnormal discharge yet she told me it was normal to bleed throughout pregnancy, despite having read that this was not normal I trusted her as my physician. Now I know better and will NEVER be back & do not recommend her to anyone! My son was born 3 months premature & had to spend 4 months in the neonatal intensive care unit. Do yourself & your baby a favor & stay far AWAY!

flag | Submitted October 25, 2014

(honestly her staff was fine, but I could not give this dr any more than 1 star) This was the worst dr iv ever been to, she got angry because Im knowledgeable about a disease I have (endometriosis) than she seems to be, i have been diagnosed and she did not like that I said doing an ultrasound (as she suggested) won't show anything the only way to treat it and diagnosis it is by laparoscopic surgery, and iv had that and been diagnosed with stage 4 endometriosis. Also, this woman delivered my child in an emergency c-section (she was not my reg dr) and she said during the surgery she could see that its growning back already if you know anything about endometriosis.. thats not a good thing. So when i had the nerve to as nicely as possible contradict what she was telling me, she said well maybe I should see another dr… gladly. This woman has NO BiZ in medicine…. and i can see from her other reviews others feel the same way.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

I absolutely loved dr. lanter as she was my ob when i was pregnant and later delivered my son. she is very professional and caring as I have no family in the area (this was my first pregnancy) and showed me a lot of care and took the time to get to know me, my step daughter, and my spouse. I never once felt like a face and not a name. She always did what i asked her, followed my birth plan, and respected my privacy in the doctors office and at the hospital. I put a lot of trust in her and felt i could ask her very personal questions without judgement. I will be seeing her again when I conceive my future children and highly recommend her as a physician.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2012

She has a wonderful personality and bedside manner. However, the day I called to make an appointment the receptionist was very rude on the phone and I ended up waiting quite a while in the waiting room before being seen.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

My primary care physician wanted me to see a Gyn because 2 ultrasounds (pelvic and abdominal) showed that I have a fibroid. When I saw Dr. Lanter she asked me what the big deal was and said, "It's right there in the report. It says the size of it." I told her that I am not a doctor and not familiar with the medical jargon in the report. She then told me my fibroid is no big deal and if it were large enough to make me look pregnant then I should be worried. She couldn't care less about my concern or my questions. She is crude, unprofessional and demeaning. She and Dr. Belzer are a perfect match to be working together. If you want a doctor that will take the time to listen to your concerns, answer your questions and cares about her patients, do not see Dr. Lanter!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

I was rescheduled 2 times before I finally got to see Dr. Lanter for my first prenatal visit. The front office staff is very vague and short when speaking to patients as well as to me. Dr.Lanter is the same way. She is insensitive, emotionless,and needs to improve on her bedside manner skills. She made me feel like I was in the way and she could'nt wait to get rid of me. She performed an ultrasound which lasted no longer than 45 seconds. She said she did not see a pregnancy and also said "I am not a good at performing ultrasounds,a tech would be better for this." Why bother doing an ultrasound if she does not know how. It is not okay to just say there is not visiable pregnancy when she confesses to not knowing how to really do an ultrasound. Now I have to wait a long 2 days to see a specialist to confirm a pregnancy that "is not visiable". Dr. Lanter is lazy, inattentive, and too casual when giving a diagnosis that may or may not be true. I felt like I was at a "drive-thru dr's office.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

The first comment that was left is exactly how I was treated! I also only met her once. which was enough! The heavy set girl at the front desk was so rude to my husband and I. I felt we were a burden to her and Dr. Lanter. Dr. Lanter sent me for an ultrasound then never called me with the results! I had to call the office over and over. When someone finally answered I was placed on hold for 12 minutes!! I would never ever recommend Dr. Lanter!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Dr. Patricia D. Lanter's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)