Dr. Brenda Li

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(55)

"My optometrist sent me to Dr Paul because he has a nationally renowned reputation in su..." Read more

Ratings for Dr. Brenda Li

Dr Brenda Li and her team are simply OUTSTANDING! I always leave after an appointment feeling that she always has her Patients best interest and that she leaves nothing out. I have a family condition with reference to our eye health and she ensures to stay on top of everything to help reassure me that they are doing everything needed to help me understand the steps I need to take so I know what I need to do to protect my health. Not only does she make sure we're taken care of, understanding the history in my family, my Children are also her Patients which gives me so much comfort in knowing they are in the best of hands!! THANK YOU Dr Li for everything you do and to your team for always being so welcoming!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2018

I recently moved and went to see Dr. Li because of wonderful reviews I found on this website, however, I was very disappointed after the visit and would NOT recommend this doctor. Overall, I feel Dr. Li is not very patient or thorough, cares more about making money than addressing the patient’s problems. I had concern with my worsening eyesight, and told her about my concerns. She did some examinations with the machine to determine the prescription. After she have the new prescription, she just waved the little round piece of glass in front of my current glasses for 10 seconds on each side and asked me if it was better. When I asked her if I can try this new prescription for longer (my previous optometrist have me try the new prescription for 5+ min to see how the prescription works or if you have headaches), she said this is you have already tried, so the 10-second “test drive” was what I got. I don’t want to spend another few hundred on glasses if not sure about the prescription, so I have to find another doctor to confirm the prescription. She also told me that my prescription has increased but not much. When I asked her how much the increase is, she said it's only a quarter. Then I asked her whether it is the S part of the C part (as you know, a prescription is usually S x C x Axis), she just said your optician will be able to read it! Then she told me to wear an eye mark, and eye drops for my dry eyes. At the counter, the staff already have the "prescribed" eye mask and eye drop waiting for me. When Dr. Li presented this to me, she became "nice" again. As I have never seen these brands before, I told her that I want to check online what they are before buying it, she’s very unhappy. I am ok with optometrist selling side products, I just hope she could tell me other alternatives as well instead of presenting it as the only option.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Very Professional Doctor and the staff were very helpful too!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Very professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Li took the time to explain everything and did not rush. The frames that she suggested, that I would not normally even pay attention to, have been a big hit....lots of compliments. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Great experience with the team! Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Awesome experience! Dr. Brenda was very professional and kind. She went above and beyond to teach me about my eye health and educated me about what I can do differently for better eye care.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. Li is the most knowledgeable optometrist I have ever met(I have seen many). She was very informative and used state of the art equipment to conduct all tests necessary for my appointment. The staff is very friendly and the young lady at the front was very helpful in helping me pick a pair of glasses that are great for me. I highly recommend considering Dr. Li for your next appointment.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Li and her staff offer excellent service. Her staff are incredibly courteous and organized. Dr. Li is very knowledgeable and did her best to educate me on the different glass and lens technologies. She also provided me more education about my eyes than I learned from my last two optometrists. After my appointment, I was having issues with my contacts. All I had to do was send her an email and she had me come in within a couple of days to have new contacts fitted for me to try. Lastly, I told her I was going on a business trip and she reached out to me to see how the contacts were doing and how my trip was. All in all, I'm not sure what else one could ask for from their practitioner. Two thumbs up!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Li was very helpful, caring and patient. Both my kids age 3 and 5 have been going to see her ever since they were 1 years old. She makes the examination fun and engaging they always look forward to see Dr. Li and her staff. Super nice staff too.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I booked an appointment here having issues with my (now) old optometrist and incorrect prescriptions. Dr. Li took her time listening to my lengthy problem, checked all of my glasses and old prescriptions. She also contacted me a few weeks later checking into see how the new prescription was working and if I had any questions. That to me is what makes a great doctor, someone who takes the time to check in and see how you are. My husband and I both will now be coming here for our eye exams!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Brenda Li's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Born and raised in Toronto, Dr. Brenda Li graduated from Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia and completed her undergraduate studies at University of Toronto, majoring in Pharmacology. She has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating eye diseases while completing her internship at The Eye Institute in Philadelphia, externships at the Veteran’s Affair Medical Center in Connecticut and at the Indian Health Services Clinic in Alaska. She is certified by the Board of Examiners of Optometry in Canada and the use of Therapeutic Pharmaceutical Agents (TPAs). Also accredited in the United States by the National Board of Examiners in Optometry (NBEO) and the Treatment and Management of Ocular Diseases (TMOD). Dr. Brenda Li is currently a member of the Ontario Association of Optometrists (OAO) and Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO).

• English

• Salus University (Pennsylvania College of Optometry) * (Grad. 2007)

• Aetna - Choice POS Ii