Dr. John V. Flannery, Jr.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. John V. Flannery, Jr.

Dr. Flannery was fantastic in all aspects of my surgery. He explained everything in detail before and after the surgery in a way that was easy to understand. I would highly recommend Dr. Flannery for colon/rectal surgery.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2018

Dr. Flannery was outstanding in all aspects of my care. He took the time to explain my condition in detail and what needed to be done to fix it. He even rearranged his schedule to get my surgery scheduled as soon as possible. I highly recommend Dr. Flannery!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2018

If anyone I know ever needs colorectal surgery, I will send them straight to Dr. Flannery. I am originally from the Boston area and considered seeing a surgeon in the city. After meeting Dr. Flannery, my husband and I felt very confident in his knowledge and skills. He explained the surgery in detail, answered all my questions and concerns. I felt no need to follow up with another opinion. I had 10" of my sigmoid colon removed. I felt Dr. Flannery was very compassionate, attentive and confident he could perform the surgery with ease. My after care was amazing and recovery went so smoothly. His bedside manner is excellent. I am forever grateful to Dr. Flannery and his team for giving me my life back!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Dr. Flannery and his staff are excellent. He explained the procedure in detail . My operation was completed without any problems. Bedside manner was outstanding. Excellent surgeon in his field. Would recommend him anytime.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2018

I had a colon resection, Dr. Flannery was excellent. Surgery was done laparoscopically, no colostomy. Very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2018

If you are reading this review, then you are in a sensitive state about a sensitive manner. Something private. A subject that a lot of us know, but do not like to discuss. But I recently turned 50 and a colonoscopy screening was at the top of my list. To my surprise an issue was found and I was referred to Dr. Flannery's care. That recommendation was one of the best I have ever received. Upon meeting Dr. Flannery he a is a very warm and caring individual and has empathy like no other doctor I have had before. Dr. Flannery has the gift of being one of the best in his field AND has the quality of character of being warm and empathetic. Something that many doctors do not have. Upon meeting Dr. Flannery I came to realize that I was his top priority. I felt like I was in the best hands possible. Dr. Flannery takes the time to explain everything to you in terms that are easy to understand. Everything about your situation is carefully examined and explained by Dr. Flannery. After this I felt totally at ease, because I will admit I was terrified. After meeting with Dr. Flannery and going over everything regarding my situation I was able to find the peace needed for my surgery. My surgery and after care was flawless. I was truly blessed to find Dr. Flannery. If you are looking for the best doctor for your needs, look no further than Dr. Flannery and his team. The best of the best!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Flannery preformed an operation that cured a condition I had suffered with for years. He and his staff are outstanding.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2017

Dr. Flannery performed a colon resection for me. He was able to do it laparoscopically and avoided a colostomy. From my experience, he's an excellent colon-rectal surgeon.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Dr Flannery's confidence and self assured manner made me feel at ease with the surgery decision and throughout recovery. As major surgeries go, it was a good experience.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

Doctor John V Flannery And His Staff Gave Me The Best Professional Care That I Could Expect ,From My Devastating Diagnosis And Through Both My Surgeries. He Explained Everything Thoroughly And I Believe Believe His Surgeon Skills Helped Me Recover From Surgery In Hallf The Time With Very Little Pain. God Bless Dr Flannery D.Rioux

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. John V. Flannery, Jr.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

John V. Flannery, Jr., MD, FACS, FASCRS earned his MD at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. His general surgery residency was completed at the University of North Carolina, including a final year as Chief Resident in Surgery. While a surgical resident, Dr. Flannery was awarded a prestigious Resident Research Scholarship from the American College of Surgeons and spent two years as a Research Fellow at Massachusetts General Hospital. His research has been published and presented both nationally and internationally. Dr. Flannery acquired additional specialty training during a fellowship in colorectal surgery Rutgers-Robert Wood Johnson Hospital. He spent six years in practice in Atlanta before joining Colon & Rectal Surgery of New England. Dr. Flannery is double board certified in Colorectal Surgery and General Surgery. He has been elected as fellow in both the American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons.

• English

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1998)

• Anal itching
  • Crohn's disease
  • Diverticulitis
  • Fecal incontinence
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
  • Ischemic colitis