Ratings for Dr. Stephen Halman

This is the first time that I have ever "Rated" a doctor and I feel the need to do so for Dr. Halman and his assistant, Piera. Dr. Halman recently operated on my 84 year old mother, and it's been an amazing success. They get "5 Star Rating" across every category!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

I had rotatory shoulder surgery done on 21 July 2017. the experience with Dr. Halman was very very good. I have never met a doctor so experience yet down to earth person. Very communicative and friendly doctor always smiling. We need more doctors like him.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2017

Really nice and very experienced. I had rotator cuff repair surgery with him. Recovery was amazing. After two weeks I was in the gym and a month after surgery I have full range of motion and working out almost full blast!!!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

This guy was simply amazing, I was in H 2 days back. And he just on time, friendly, calmly taking time to see the cd listening to full story and you can see, he is feeling your bad pain on that shoulder. He just released my pain after all this years for now. Thanks Doc

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Yes, Yes, Yes, the Fracture Clinic is busy. TAKE A BOOK or HAVE A SNACK. Nothing to do with Dr. Halman's skills as a surgeon or on his knowledge on shoulders. We are so lucky to have access to free health care in this country, yet everyone complains of the wait. I'd gladly sit there and wait an hour or two and have the BEST DARN doctor looking after me.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I want to thank Dr. Halman for doing such a great job on my shoulder. I had my surgery in January and saw him 2 weeks ago for my 2 month check up. All I have to say is THANK YOU for making me feel like my shoulder is 20 years younger than the rest of me! Great results. I also want to comment on his secretary Pierra at his office. Lovely lady who is so helpful. For those of you complaining of how busy the Fracture Clinic is and about registering at the kiosk it's not Dr. Halman's fault. He didn't implement the system at Humber River Hospital. Poor guy is doing his best to get to everyone , you'll never get a nicer doctor with more knowledge on shoulders than this guy.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

I felt compelled to write this review because it's rare now a days to find someone in the medical profession who really cares. I'm so grateful to have a doctor like Dr. Halman who is truly invested in my progress and my recovery. I've had problems with my shoulder for years and Dr. Halman repaied my rotate cuff tear about 7 months ago. My shoulder feels great and my husband is happy that I'm not complaining anymore. I also want to thank Piera who is so professional and helpful. You guys make a great team! Thank you again Dr.Halman.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

I am extremely happy to have been referred to Dr. Halman. I had a torn rotator cuff which was quite painful and limiting. So happy to say that after having my repair my shoulder is pretty much good as new! I had a fantastic experience dealing with Dr. Halman and with his assistant Piera. who is so pleasant and efficient and runs the office top notch. She arranged my surgery with my prescreeing visit within days of seeing Dr. Halman at the Fracture Clinic. Best surgeon out there!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

I should've have written this review a year back. Unfortunately I was not able to due to my tore ligament on my left elbow, and before that my elbow used to dislocate one in a month, sometimes multiple times. It was not a pleasant situation. On this month in 2016, Dr Hallman operated on my left elbow. The procedure was very complicated according to other doctors, and he did a marvelous job on it. I was not able to see him in a week or so after the surgery to thank him. I thought initially that he would not really care after the surgery as because its already completed. I was completely wrong, as because he organized frequent visits for monitoring purposes and in four months I was able to remove my mechanical cast. Today after a year has gone by, i realize how I am fully functional without the slightest worry about my elbow dislocating. So a big thanks to the doc and the team for making this happen. I would also recommend anyone out there to see Dr Hallman for any Orthopedic problems.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I dont know what to think. I was referred to Dr Halman from another specialist who scared me with telling me that you have a ripped muscle and torn cartilage, a bone out of place and a cyst on my wrist. I had my appointment went today. Humber Hospital is trying to look all technologically advanced but it is so inefficient. You have to sign in on the kiosk with your cellphone number to be placed in a queue to be called by the last 4 digits of your cell phone number just to register. Take a number is so much easier. Then you wait. You then get called to go in and again taken to another waiting area to be called into a room and then you wait again. you get told to arrive 20 mins before your appointment and then you are not seen till 40 mins after your appointment time then the doctor only sees you for 5 mins. What a waste off my time.

Submitted January 19, 2017