Ratings for Dr. Virginia E. Shafer

Some of my comments are directed toward the shared practice and staff in general. Wait times for appointments are too long -- you not only wait in the waiting room, but also in the examination room. My average wait has been about 50 minutes; once I even waited over lunchtime with small children (appointment at 10:45, didn't get out until after 1). Waiting room and bathroom are dirty. Makes me question the cleanliness of the exam rooms. Dr. Shafer is polite and does take the time with her patients. However, I think that the care received is not always the best it could be. Vaccinations have been given at inappropriate times. Her response indicated that this had happened previously at the practice. Twice my children have had ailments that would have gone undiagnosed/untreated except for our insistence that something was really wrong. We have since switched doctors.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Dr. Virginia E. Shafer's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)