Ratings for Dr. Robert J. Stewart

I have not stopped leaking since June of 2016 and it does not seem to get any better

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

I visited Dr. Stewart for my premature ejaculation problem. He treated me like I had no clue about my issue, explained to me how it works with some diagrams and then suggested me to try a couple of things that I told him I had already found these solutions online and tried out to no vail. As a last resort, since I insisted that I would try anything, he gave me a subscription for some "happy" pills. Those didn't work and made me feel really sick. Had to throw them away. I found the solution with Promescent. Although I'm sure any topic aneasthetic would do the job. I only hope he had given this solution, rather than finding about it later.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

I had an appointment with Dr. Stewart for 1:15 and arrived beforehand to check in with the receptionist. I was told I had to take a number to check in. I waited in the standing room only waiting room for an hour before I was called and then told that it would be another 1-2 hours before Dr. Stewart would be able to see me. What is the point of making appointments when you don't keep them? His bedside manner is lacking but he seems to very knowledgeable about my condition. However, I am wary about having the surgery done by him because of my experience so far.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Dr Stewart is a great physician but terrible bed-side manner. Despite that, he is great and I'm pleased he's looking after me.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr.Stewart is a highly intelligent and conscientious transplant surgeon who is perceptibly up-to-date and performs his role in a direct and meaningful way. Due to the fact that Dr Stewart leads and manages his surgeries at a hospital and through a clinic at St.Michael's ; the 'staff' portion of this rating is referring to the residents, fellows and OR staff which are polished, consistent, and knowledgeable which is undoubtedly a reflection of Dr. Stewart and his guidance. I chose to rate his staff as such whereas if I rated it as clerks, clinic staff, admin it would skew his rating. Dr Stewart is direct and definitely honest, depending on the message or receiver, they may feel challenged... I am thankful and appreciative

flag | Submitted May 2, 2016

Waited 1.5 hours. Saw a medical student for 20 minutes, Dr. Stewart came in for 5. Did not introduce himself or apologize for long wait. Very dismissive and curt.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I was referred to Dr Stewart due to increasing PSA levels, and after an assessment he determined the only way to rule out cancer was to biopsy tissue. He is a straight shooter, very honest and sympathetically direct. The biopsy was positive and I have been placed on active surveillance. On my first follow up visit he and his staff (Dr. Rano Matta) took a lot of time to answer my numerous questions. Staying on PC at age 55 for me is difficult to comprehend, but the doctor(s) gave me honest opinions of what they believe are my best options.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2014

Thanks to this wonderful doctor, my husband was spared/saved my from a horrible medical mishap! ! Dr . STEWART is intelligent, caring, and pays attention to detail. We are very grateful.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I had a radical nephrectomy on Sept 9 2014 and was on my feet at work after three weeks . I stand pretty much all day cutting and styling hair . I had a renal cell carcinoma in my right kidney and Dr Stewart tried to save my kidney but made the decision to remove it as the tumour was to large to save the kidney. I woke up without a kidney but was lucky that it had not spread to other parts of my body. His decision to remove my kidney meant I would also not have to worry about any complications down the road. Five weeks into recovery and I feel great and live in peace knowing he made the right decision !! Dr Stewart and his staff saved my life . He is an excellent surgeon and I am thankful for his knowledge and amazing surgical skills .

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I never actually got to see him in a medical sense.After driving a considerable number of hours to see HIM, I was greeted by a friendly receptionist and was told I would see HIM shortly. I waited and was asked to come into a room by another Doctor. This other doctor proceeded to start asking me questions and I very politely stated that I was there to see Dr. Stewart not him. He abruptly left the room and closed the door. Dr. Stewart came in to the room a short time later and explained to me that he was committed to teaching and if I wanted to see him I had to go through his "team" as that was the only it would happen. I then made the decision that I was not going to subject myself to his team as a learning tool. I understand that some doctors are teachers as well and i also understand his being a committed teacher, what I cannot comprehend is how this commitment does not extend to the care and welfare of his patients.This doctor, in my opinion, has his priorities slightly confused.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013