Ratings for Dr. Darius Viskontas

A fabulous Dr who operated on me and is such a nice person

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Had a TKR done on my left knee . 4 months later i had to have it revised because off pain and major laxity. Mean while a few months later i was casy enough to let Dr Viscontas do my Right knee which also did not turn out. I now live in pain in both my knee 24 hrs a day and so much laxity in my left knee that i walk with a cane for fear of falling. Having these operations was the worse mistake off my life.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2018

Dr. Viskontas did an emergency repair of severed tendons in my ankle. The surgery went fine, ankle healed up as well as can be. Follow up appointments were good. A very busy clinic; sometimes the wait was over 3 hours! But that is what happens with a trauma clinic in a province with a severe shortage of orthopedic surgeons! Despite sometimes being very rushed due to the business of the clinic, Dr. Viskontas was always friendly and willing to answer questions/fill out forms. When he wasn't able to spend very much time with me, students working with him were always helpful. I think most complaints about him are better directed to issues with our medical system.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

Staff was awful, mixing up referral forms and saying they'd mailed them off when they hadn't. Waited over 2&1/2 hrs past my appointment time, appointments were rushed and I felt like he wasn't really listening to me.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

After a work injury.....sprained ankle.....then radiating into the hip, eventually WSBC ensured Dr. Viskontas came on board to assess the issue. An incredible surgeon and incredible specialist taking the time to actually "talk". Highly recommend !!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2018

amazing Doctor highly recommend he always takes the time to explain and listens to any concerns you might have. He is number one

flag | Submitted November 1, 2017

Very impressed, a class above the rest. Amazing bedside manner. Explains issue clearly using layman's terms. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Amazing surgeon...professional, knowledgeable, caring, friendly. Fraser Orthopedic Institute has a great team of surgeons, doctors, nurses, medical office personal. I've had 12+ surgeries with three of the team members who have saved my life, saved my limbs and helped me become physically able again. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Viskontas and the team there.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Dr. Viscontas operated on my brother's hip and did an amazing job! My brother's mental illness makes him unable to go online to rate this doctor, so I'm doing it for him. The nature of the operation was was going to be very complicated and risk taking, due to many health factors, so my brother refused to have it done.. until I talked him into it. Now he can walk without his walker and he says, "It's a miracle!!!" We owe it all to Dr. Viscontas.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2017

Sept. 20th 2016 I had a hip replacement at RCH. The orthopedic team pre and post surgery were first rate. The pain management schedule kept me pain free and aided in getting me mobile and discharged on day 3. Due to this experience I will not be so apprehensive having the other hip done.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016