Ratings for Dr. Debra R. Goldstein

About three years ago I went through endoscope with Dr. Goldstein. Because I was new in the area and I couldn't find anyone driving me home (even though I was very awake). Dr. Goldstein drove me home with her own car. Since then I moved, however I still felt deeply appreciated what Dr. Goldstein had done.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

While appts often run late and the staff seem overwhelmed at times, Dr Goldstein herself is a gem. She is genuinely caring about her patients, and takes the time to explain what tests are required. how they are done, and then, what the results are. One never gets the sense with her that she is pushing more tests or appointments just for the income. (Matter of fact, I get the very strong sense that making money is not anywhere near her top five priorities!!) I trust her and wish more doctors were like her.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2011

I found Dr. Goldstein to be very pleasant and knowledgeable. She took the time to thoroughly explain the procedure to be performed and the reason to do so. Afterwards at my follow up appointment she explained the results in easy to understand terms. She never appeared rushed and was very willing to take whatever time was needed to answer any questions that I had. I waited less than 15 minutes for my first appointment. The wait for my second visit was closer to 30 minutes but I am more than willing to wait that amount of time for the right doctor. I highly recommend Dr. Goldstein. She made be feel very comfortable about an uncomfortable but necessary procedure.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2010

Dr. Goldstein is knowledgeable and very nice. But the management of this doctor's office needs some improvement. Waiting time of 45 minutes to over an hour is average for my visits. One of the front staffs is never in a good mood. I asked her once for some water to take some medicine, she said I can go drink the tap water in the restroom. Who drinks out from the tap in the restroom of a doctor's office?! And she yields at patients on the phone. Aside from waiting an hour to see Dr. Goldstein, I feel like every time I need to make an appointment, it will be a month to 2 months later. Dr. Goldstein did try to take time to explain things, but because of her workload, she sometimes tell me she will have to answer my other questions next time, which means I have to wait another months or two to see her...Dr. Goldstein holds your hands and tries to make you feel comfortable and she doesn't push for all kinds of exams like some other doctors do, but the wait is just too much so was that staff.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Dr. Goldstein will not only talk to you about your issues, but will draw diagrams if needed to make sure you understand the problem, solution and the pro's and cons's of what ever solutions there might be. Because she also has a background in Internal Medicine, she tends to look at the whole patient and not just the GI issues. I went to her after seeing another GI Doctor who had a God complex and she is not at all like that. The only down side to her pratice is that she will spend what ever time is needed to make sure the issues are clear to you, and that she tends to run behind because of it. Knowing that I just bring a book and schedule the appointment for the end of my day, when I can afford to wait a bit. Her office staff is on top of things, and have always been helpful when scheduling appointments, dealing with my Insurance co on preapprovals for Rx's and such.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. Debra R. Goldstein's Credentials

• Univ Of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 55455 (Grad. 1987)