Ratings for Dr. Gregory K. Hoover

The comments I'm reading are NOTHING like my experience. I guess people only want to post negative comments. I LOVE the doc wish he were back in Houston. Did my surgery several years ago after breaking my knee twice in short period of time. He was a saint and have had NO problems since. Now my other knee needs replacement and wish he was here to do it. Really nervous to have a different surgeon. My experience was nothing but positive for having rebuilt knee and months of physical therapy.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

I had knee surgery several years ago and I'm still having a lot of difficulty with my knee, it pops and swells everyday, I have wished a million times over, I had never had him do my knee replacement surgery. It was a disaster from the word go. I came home from the hospital and when I went to physical therapy 4 days later, I couldn't even bend my knee hardly at all, it had almost totally locked up. Then I had to wait 12 days to have my staples removed and his wife just about killed me removing them, they made me wait too long and the skin had grown over my staples. Go anywhere but here, I'm not kidding. I have had to consult another orthopedic with all my troubles and upon xrays even the new orthopedist said my device was not put in correctly it was placed at an angle. Too bad for me:-(

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Ironically I had a similar issue to the other person who wrote a review. I'm in my thirties and had a knee surgery. I also developed a blood clot,(which was because of birth control pills...not Dr. Hoover), and Dr. Hoover caught it immediately. I too had all of the classic signs and symptoms, and he sent me for an ultrasound within two minutes of looking at my leg. I was treated and all was well. Also, he did a fabulous job on my knee. It hasn't felt this good since I was a teenager! He and his staff are extremely friendly and helpful. I think Family Orthopedic Clinic has the best orthopedic surgeons in Knoxville!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2010

I had very minor knee surgery but developed a blood clot after. The clot was not Dr. Hoover's fault. But I described every symptom of a clot to him and he told me I was being difficult and it was just in my "head". My sister (who was with me) begged him to send me to the hospital to test for a blood clot. He told me I was to thin and to young for a clot. I had every symptom of a blood clot but Dr. Hoover told me I was being dramatic and difficult. When he finally agreed to send me to the hospital I was admitted right away (even though Dr. Hoover advised I give my self a shot and go home). After they found the blood clot in my leg they found a few more in my lungs. Dr. Hoover missed the obvious signs of a blood clot. Dangerous! He never apologized or checked on my after I was admitted to the hospital. I of course found a different doctor. BEWARE!

Submitted June 18, 2009

Dr. Gregory K. Hoover's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

GHI