Ratings for Dr. James McLean

Have been with Dr. McLean since my children were very young. Have always been impressed with the care and treatment received. Would recommend Dr. McLean without hesitation.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Mclean was amazing his staff is awesome. i would recommend him to anyone out there that needs a pediatric dentist!!! He took my son in for a consult within a week of calling and had his dental surgery booked within 3 weeks of the consult! Day of surgery he was in the OR room and walked me out reexplained what was going to be done. After surgery he came out assured me my son was ok explained there was no unexpected changes and my son was in recovery and doing well. He also called me the next day himself to check on my son, that to me shows he actually cares!!! I have never had a dentist phone me the next day :) Very impressed !!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

Dr McLean took care of both of my kids, neither wanted to change, but at 20 I figured it was time. He is an amazing dentist and both my kids loved him and his staff. I would refer him to anyone and have in the past many times. Thank you for all the years that you took care of my kids teeth, we appreciate everything you did. :)

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

I read these reviews and wondered if it could possibly be our Dr. MacLean! I have a special needs daughter who is 26 and has been going to Dr. MacLean since she was 2. We have had nothing but amazing service, understanding and handling of a pretty difficult little gal. My son also continues to go to this dentist and has since he was a toddler. Though he's 21 now he just doesn't want to think about having to leave such a great dentist. Our experiences have been 100% awesome!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2013

The staff here is the best, very friendly and accommodating, and always remember me. Dr. McLean is very trustworthy and will present you with information and recommendations to make your own decisions. It will be a sad day when he retires, always a great experience.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2013

My Entire family, (2 adults & 4 children aged 3,5,8,11) go to this office. I am impressed with the office appearance and how kind the staff have been. I consider Dr. McLean a conservative dentist. He recommends appropriate treatment, but I never feel I'm being "Sold" on a treatment that we don't need. Within our family we have experienced fractured teeth, braces, filings, crowns and implants in addition to the regular check-ups. I appreciate that Dr. McLean will send me to a specialist when i need it(i.e., the Implant). The Fish tank and "Kid Corner" is very soothing to my children. I appreciate that the Dentist is scary for some, but my kids always come out with big clean smiles and tell me how well they did for the Dr. and the Assistant. I am worried for the day that Dr. McLean finally retires. I'm not sure how to find another dentist that will speak to me frankly about my dental care and will work with me to book appointments and payments that accommodate my busy life.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2012

Experienced the same thing here as one of the staff members was rude to one of my children as she was very scared to take even the X-rays and told her they would have to put her asleep to take the X-rays. Confronted Dr. McLean about this and seemed very defensive. I just explained that they should tell the parents FIRST before using this scare tactic. Doesn't work on all kids and most times they don't even really know the kids anyways. By the end of it he told me as the parent that I should practice more tough love on our child. I didn't realize dentists were also in the business of telling parents how to parent as well. Talking to other parents and they have had wonderful experiences with other dentists who also deals mostly with kids. My suggestion is to find another dentist as he is OLD school. He ends our conversation by saying his grandkids come here and don't have an issue. OF COURSE THEY WON'T, THEY'RE YOUR GRANDKIDS AND SEE YOU ALL THE TIME AND SHOULD BE COMFORTABLE WITH YOU.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

One staff member in particular was horrible, actually threatened a 4 year old that he'd have to go to hospital without him mommy if he wouldn't co-operate for a filling. When I had confronted her about it she admitted to it and said she has to do that sometimes. And when I talked to the dentist about it he suggested that I take my son to another dentist seeing as how I probably would never get him into his office again. Never once acknowledging that his staff member was inappropriate. Would never recommend this office based on that!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2011

The receptionist does not know how to handle different issues. Waiting time was too long.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011