Ratings for Dr. Shelly Hook

This Lady is fantastic, she came highly recommended and she knows her stuff. The staff are just as friendly and helpful, a warm and welcome feeling you get when you are there, unlike some places in the city now a days. My only issue was on my second appointment I was over booked but they did get me in .

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

The staff was so rude on the phone on more than one occasion that I cancelled appointment.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

I recently had an appointment at Lifetime Eyecare and was very happy with the service I received but was very surprised that I was told there would be an additional charge of $35.00 on top of the $110.00 I paid for the exam to be given my PD. I understand that they sell glasses at their clinic and maybe this is common practice but I feel I should be access to my personal information. Although the staff, including Dr. Rashid, were all very nice and professional I don't plan on going back.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Hook for years because I find her to be quite knowledgeable. Dr. Hook is very abrasive and condenscending. She is also very moody and short when asked questions. If you don't mind being spoken to like a child well then Dr. Hook is for you! I have grown very tired of her poor attitude and have found a new optometrist.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

We've been going to Dr. Hook as a family for years. Her staff is always friendly and professional. Dr. Hook is a very proficient and knowledgeable doctor, she cares about eye health, and listens to our concerns. We certainly trust her with our family's eye-health.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2013

Dr. Hook is a wonderful optometrist. I have been seeing her for 20+ years (as has my entire family) and we have never had any problems. Dr. Hook is very patient, will listen carefully to any concerns you have and will take the time to answer your questions. Dr. Hook accepted my husband as a new patient 2 years ago and he has also been very impressed with her. He has an abnormality in his eye that no other doctor has ever taken the time to explain. I would highly recommend Dr. Hook.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2010

Dr. Hook is good. No issues. Has the latest equipment as a result she charges a bit on the high side. Recommend only seeing if you have insurance otherwise you may have to dig deep into your pockets.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2009