Ratings for Dr. Andrea L. Richter-Werning

Richter was an amazing doctor she delivered my son. She made me feel comfortable and answered all my questions. Def will be going back to her.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Dr. Richter has delivered all three of my children and she is always available to either perscribe over the phone or see me if I have an issue. After my 3rd child was born and it was a difficult pregnancy and then a difficult year following that with all the baby's medical issues, she was able to help me through some tough emotional times with a listening ear and some meds. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I don't understand how doctor richter has such good reviews.. She delivered my daughter April 2015, and although I had my reservations about her I was half way through my pregnancy and felt like I had to stay with her through the remainder. Long story short the office tried to over charge me 3 grand, until I proved to them they were wrong. I had horrible pain worse than child birth after I had my daughter via c section and she said it was just gas and never even asked me to come into the office and check me. It wasn't gas my appendix had ruptured and she failed to ever notice and I spent a week in the Hosptial and almost died with a 2 week old daughter at home... Just thankful her negligence never effected my daughter... But please think twice before trusting her with you or your unborn child's life

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

Dr. Richter-Werning has been my physician for a number of years and has delivered both of my children. Her and her office staff are wonderful! She always takes time to listen to you and is down to earth. Wouldn't see anyone else!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

She had been my OBGYN for over 7 years when I had an acute issue. Was not able to get an appt for 8 weeks out and was prescibed medicine over the phone by her nurse. Long story short.. after months of being ignored & prescribed medication over the phone for "yeast infections", I made appt with an oncologist and was diagnosed with a pre-cancerous condition. This doctor is irresponsible and dangerous. I would absolutley not recommend.

Submitted December 16, 2014

Dr. Richter may be fine if you have a textbook pregnancy and delivery, but if anything goes wrong, she'll completely neglect you. My 2nd pregnancy was difficult. At Week 24 I began having “unproductive preterm labor.” Despite the diagnosis, every time I called All About Women with contractions or bleeding, the nurse acted like it was all in my head and actually sounded annoyed. L&D couldn't stop my contractions, so I was prescribed medication and partial bedrest for the remaining 16 weeks of my pregnancy. When I finally delivered, my body was so exhausted, I completely tore my glute while pushing. I was in the hospital for 6 days, in agony, unable to walk. After sending me home, I was in so much pain I was throwing up and couldn't hold my baby, but Richter refused to prescribe me pain medicine or refer me to an injury specialist. She also canceled my follow up appointments with her, and her nurse hung up on me when I called. I called my insurance and was eventually treated by a pain management doctor and physical therapist, who both seemed dismayed, and said my injury was mismanaged by Richter. I couldn't pick up my baby for 4 weeks or walk without crutches for 9 weeks. I sent a formal complaint to the Texas Medical Board, and later received a terse letter from Richter saying she will no longer be my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

I started seeing Dr. Richter when she was at her former practice and moved with to her new one. She had a kind manner when it came to a routine Pap smear, but the past few years I've had some problems and she has been very unhelpful. She treats me like a number and doesn't want to take the time to help me. I left from my last, and final, visit in tears. I got better treatment and at least a pelvic exam and diagnose my problem from a random ER doctor. To add insult, she only sees gyno patients at certain times so if you have an emergency she is unwilling to work you in. I have no experience with her as an ob.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Richter since September of 2007. We pretty much have a history lol. She is so down to earth. She has performed 3 surgeries on me. You can say I'm like her prodigy. She always made me feel very comfortable and secure. She is the one that found something wrong with my back through an MRI and referred me to a surgeon. I ended up needing back surgery. I could barely walk. The surgery help me to walk again. The staff and the nurses has always been great with me.whenever I called them for anything, they would call me right back within minutes. I just love Ginger. She is awesome!! I will never change doctors. Why would I change a good thing.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2013

Normally, I LOVE Dr. Richter. I've been seeing her for over 5 yrs, but the longer I see her, the more I feel like a number. She is VERY good in person, takes time to listen, answer questions, shows empathy, amazing bedside manner, etc, but there have been a few times where I had to do things over the phone and felt like a number. On one occasion, I had to keep repeating my symptoms to the nurse and was even prescribed the wrong medication, all because she was looking at someone else's chart! The nurse thought it was funny--no apology. The nurses don't listen to my concerns on the phone, so the only way to get a straight answer is to demand an appt to see Dr Richter face to face. It is getting old after 5 yrs.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

I would not recommend this doctor unless all you need is preventive care. She was great when all I needed was a yearly pap smear. Once I had some other health issues, I did not like how she handled it. While going through a life threatening condition, I did not get to see her at all. All was done over the phone. In the midst of so much pain and grieve I felt like a number and I did not appreciate that at all.I had to pay a visit to the ER while undergoing treatment with her and the ER nurse, who was great, asked me when was the last time I had had a pelvic exam and I said 7 months ago. The nurse was in shock, "honey all you are going through and you obgyn did not perform a pelvic exam?" After all that and more that I shouldn't post on the internet I had to go with my guts and switch doctors. Now I'm being treated elsewhere where I actually get to see my doctor and I'm a lot happier and healthier. Sorry but I do not recommend Dr. Richter-Werning as OBGYN based on my experience with her.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2012

Dr. Andrea L. Richter-Werning's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 2002)

Top Hospitals in Shenandoah, TX