Ratings for Dr. Lance Tin

He performed an emergency partial colectomy and was able to save a lot of my colon. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable about my rare medical condition.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Tin removed a recurring pilonidal abscess for me, and the surgery went well, and the wound was well opened and clean in order for it to heal properly. Everything healed well after with no issues and it has not come back for two years running. No pain during the process as he said, he really knew his stuff and did an amazing job. He sees a lot of patients so he's usually busy and tries to get through appointments rather quickly, so have your questions prepared beforehand.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Tin performed a minor surgery for me recently that involved several small incisions. He answered all my questions during consultation and during surgery. There was no issue with timing of the freezing. He was personal and put me at ease during the process and was professional through out. I appreciated that he considered the cosmetic aspect of the incisions and made sure they were small as possible. I would go to him again.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Tin performed a unilateral mastectomy on me and I must say he did an excellent job, despite the fact that it was a mastectomy and quite scary. The incision was nicely closed up in a relatively straight line with no bumps and no issue during recovery. I know he is not exactly your "friendly neighbour" but I found him exceptionally professional and knowledgeable. I believe over the years he had improved with respect to his bedside manners and he even joked with me a litte pre-surgery to keep things less intense. I also found he answered all my questions without being dismissive and we never once found him rude. I think he is more suited to do major surgeries than things such as in-grown toenail, I did have this procedure done by him and it wasn't pleasant at all, (better to find a podiatrist).

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Worst experience of my whole life.. from a simple ingrown nail procedure. Find another doctor.. He is rude, rushes your through not even waiting for freezing to start. After going to him for a follow up, explaining to him my concern and pain.. he just prescribed antibiotics without even checking it thoroughly. Finally after 2 visits to an er and a family doctor where no body would do anything for me, got myself to a private clinic where the surgeon was shocked to find 2 large pieces of nail left in my toe. Infection was so bad it is still bleeding 3 months later but at least pain is gone. Unfortunately it cost me $500dlrs out of pocket but I had to get my life back. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor/surgeon... My experience was a nightmare for sure

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I was referred to this doctor by my family physician, because that was the last option. Dr. Tin has done 2 in-grown toe nail surgeries in the past two years, were they successful? NO, an in-grown toe nail surgery is very simple, a 5 minute surgery, and he cannot even do it properly. My toe has gotten worse and has been infected, now I am going to a different doctor for the surgery and hoping for success. I would not recommend this physician, and would recommend you to find another general surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

The best doctor for a colonoscopy. Felt nothing, fast and back on my feet right away.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

Had my gall bladder removed and Dr Tin did a tremendous job! Minimal pain, scars, and a very happy patient. No longer experiencing pain in my side! Woohoo. Thank you Dr Lance Tin!!!!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

This man is very frightening. Dr. Tin operated on my hemorrhoids and the experience was very traumatic and excruciatingly painful. It was a really bad experience.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2013

Dr. Tin is probably the most arrogant and dismissive person I have ever met. Not only did he clearly not listen to or hear anything I had to say, he also dismissed the opinions of all other consultants involved, including results from ultrasounds, and said he knew better. Within a five minute conversation (for which he was an hour late for) I had to correct him three times about basic details of the problem, and he still checked me for unrelated symptoms of a condition no one said I had, but he somehow believes I do, even though even his tests did not show that to be true. To top that off, when I asked him why he was ignoring what everyone else was saying, he actually stated that since I was his last appointment for the day, he "would answer my questions", as if he was doing me a favour, rather than his job. It was a bit surreal. I can't say if he's a good surgeon, because I'll be going elsewhere. Why place my health in the hands of a person who seems like he couldn't care less?

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013