Ratings for Dr. Lance Tin

Pleasant secretary and nurse, but doctor terrible. My surgery (internal cyst removal) was not covered by OHIP and before it dr Tin assured me that it will be successful or he will repeat it. It wasn't successful, he didn't repeat it and I ended up with a bad infection that another dr took care of. Stay away from this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Lance Tin is a very professional surgeon and extremely knowledgeable in his practice. I met Dr. Tin one year ago, after being referred to him by my family physician due to an abnormal mammogram. Dr. Tin treated my situation with utmost respect and maintained a transparent dialogue regarding each step of my one-year journey, that turned out to be a battle of breast cancer. One year later, after many visits with Dr. Tin (and other medical professionals of course due to the nature of the ailment), much dialogue that involved me in the decision making and after 3 surgeries (last being a mastectomy), I beat the disease and must thank Dr. Tin for all his help and medical expertise. My scars are there of course, but minimal considering the surgery itself. My recovery has been great, and all his tips and guidance provided has been so helpful. Dr. Tin is not only an excellent surgeon and expert in what he does, he has a way of keeping you calm, regardless of the formidable diagnosis put in front of you. He has a very distinguished bed side manner, and although some may find it 'cool' (according to some of the reviews online), his dry sense of humour, openness to having his patients drop by his office for any follow-up questions (rather than limiting it to one session only) and frank approach to his work is a big welcome in my view. His team are very considerate and made every effort to keep appointments on time, be flexible for bookings and always had a smile and hello for you as your walked into the office. I can not say enough about Dr. Tin, and would like him and everyone to know that I am very thankful to have had the fortunate opportunity to have him as my surgeon during a very scary time in my life.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I wish there was a way to give less than one star for Helpfulness. He was always rushing me out the door before I could ask any questions. I was having breast surgery and had a number of questions, none of which were answered. I received move information from a radiologist that I saw for 5 minutes that I ever received from Dr.Tin. I wish I had trusted my instincts and gone with a different surgeon - maybe the "cosmetic cut" surrounding half of my areola wouldn't be as atrocious.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

He performed an emergency partial colectomy and was able to save a lot of my colon. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable about my rare medical condition.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Tin removed a recurring pilonidal abscess for me, and the surgery went well, and the wound was well opened and clean in order for it to heal properly. Everything healed well after with no issues and it has not come back for two years running. No pain during the process as he said, he really knew his stuff and did an amazing job. He sees a lot of patients so he's usually busy and tries to get through appointments rather quickly, so have your questions prepared beforehand.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

Dr. Tin performed a minor surgery for me recently that involved several small incisions. He answered all my questions during consultation and during surgery. There was no issue with timing of the freezing. He was personal and put me at ease during the process and was professional through out. I appreciated that he considered the cosmetic aspect of the incisions and made sure they were small as possible. I would go to him again.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

Dr. Tin performed a unilateral mastectomy on me and I must say he did an excellent job, despite the fact that it was a mastectomy and quite scary. The incision was nicely closed up in a relatively straight line with no bumps and no issue during recovery. I know he is not exactly your "friendly neighbour" but I found him exceptionally professional and knowledgeable. I believe over the years he had improved with respect to his bedside manners and he even joked with me a litte pre-surgery to keep things less intense. I also found he answered all my questions without being dismissive and we never once found him rude. I think he is more suited to do major surgeries than things such as in-grown toenail, I did have this procedure done by him and it wasn't pleasant at all, (better to find a podiatrist).

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Worst experience of my whole life.. from a simple ingrown nail procedure. Find another doctor.. He is rude, rushes your through not even waiting for freezing to start. After going to him for a follow up, explaining to him my concern and pain.. he just prescribed antibiotics without even checking it thoroughly. Finally after 2 visits to an er and a family doctor where no body would do anything for me, got myself to a private clinic where the surgeon was shocked to find 2 large pieces of nail left in my toe. Infection was so bad it is still bleeding 3 months later but at least pain is gone. Unfortunately it cost me $500dlrs out of pocket but I had to get my life back. Do yourself a favor and find another doctor/surgeon... My experience was a nightmare for sure

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I was referred to this doctor by my family physician, because that was the last option. Dr. Tin has done 2 in-grown toe nail surgeries in the past two years, were they successful? NO, an in-grown toe nail surgery is very simple, a 5 minute surgery, and he cannot even do it properly. My toe has gotten worse and has been infected, now I am going to a different doctor for the surgery and hoping for success. I would not recommend this physician, and would recommend you to find another general surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015