Ratings for Dr. Angela C. Bess

Excellent and Knowledgeable! I have been a patient for 10 years!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I will not be returning to this provider. Very long story short, I was told I needed to get a uterine biopsy to determine if I had active or pre-cancer cells. Dr Bess told me that she would be out of the office the following week but would personally call me the with the results to discuss them and she never did. I had to call the office to request the results and was told that they would try to contact Dr Bess since she had to be the one to give the results to me. I finally received a call back from the office staff saying they never heard back from Dr Bess so they read me the results anyway. I had several questions about the results that the nurse said she would communicate to Dr Bess, but I never heard back from her about that either. I cannot believe a provider would have such a lack of follow up in medical care and it makes me wonder how many other patients this happened to.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

This Dr. Is ridiculously unprofessional and uncaring. After an abnormal pap result I was scheduled back for a biopsy of my cervix. I told her when she entered the room that I was very nervous, she didn't care in the least. She was about to dive in when I stopped her and told her I had a few questions. She was irate that I had questions. I voiced my concern for there not being any anesthesia used for the procedure, since I had spoken to several friends that had this procedure done and they had anesthesia. She immediately responded that I didn't need it. I decided to go ahead with procedure since I had already taken the day off of work for it. She did not use any lubricant on the speculum, i guess couldn't get the plastic one in right so she took it out and shoved a larger metal one in there that was so painful I was ripping at the paper table cover and whimpering in pain. After she had it positioned she told me to move down the table-my behind was already 1/2 way off the table! I told her I couldn't move, it was too painful and told her to remove the speculum. At that point she removed it and told me it would be best if I found another doctor!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

After 35+ years seeing my old OB/GYN he retired and was I lost to find another competent doctor. Dr. Bess was recommended and I have thoroughly enjoyed the medical experience at her office. I've found her to extremely caring and professional in her approach to treatments. As well, I've found her staff to be very helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I cannot recommend Dr. Bess as a gyno and here is why: I went to see her with a concern. I was worried but Dr. Bess did not seem concerned at all. I asked her if there was a possibility I could have a certain syndrome since I had read about it and its association with my symptoms. She immediately said, "You don't have it. Most people are overweight who have it." She almost shrugged it off. Her actions were very off-putting; I switched gynos after this visit. It turns out I do have what I initially suspected. I thought it was very unprofessional for a doctor to immediately write off a patient's concern without any tests, blood work, or ultrasounds. She diagnosed me by looking at me. My hope is that she would not make rash diagnoses to a patient in the future. I emailed her office to explain what happened and express my disappointment but I never heard back. This experience alone was enough for me to leave...

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr. Bess was my very first GYN and that was about 3 years ago. I do not recommend her services whatsoever. I had no idea what she was doing down there and then I get abnormal test results and I am beyond scared. I brought my mom with me to my second appointment when she did biopsy. She didn't explain anything during this whole process. Just a "You have HPV." Um, hello? What does that mean!? I told my nurse practitioner (general doc) what happened and she actually had heard about this woman's reputation and that it was dwindling. I wish I had known before I scheduled my very first appointment with her.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I had testing done and, per Dr. Bess's office, the test results sat on her desk for 3 days before she looked at them. I received a phone call from someone in her office, not her, giving me the results and telling me further testing needed to be done. There was no explanation of possible causes or diagnosis given. During the total of of 7 days it took from the time the test was done until I received a phone with the results (my previous GYN in another state gave same visit results on this type of test) no one in Dr. Bess's office called me to see how I was doing. Every doctor I have ever been to has at least called to see how things were. Even my dog's veterinarian calls. But not Dr. Bess. Bottom line - the worst customer service I have ever received and I will never go back.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Bess. No one was able to figure out why my period stop and how to get it back going (I thought I was pregnant, but I wasn't). She figured out what's wrong and prescribed meds to get my hormones back to normal. She was gentle, caring and patient. She even called me back 6 months later to check in on me. I thought for sure they would forget about me. Too bad I moved out of state, otherwise I would continue seeing her.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

Dr. Bess is calm, professional, gentle, and very knowledgeable. I have been going to GYN Dr.s for many years, and she is one of the best. She certainly is the most gentle. Very thorough. Answered every question. Her Office Manager does not reflect well on the practice. The wait time can be long, but it could be because she is very thorough, and needs better office management. However, the Receptionist is exceptional. I would highly recommend Dr. Bess.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

The Doctor hardly ever returns phone calls. The office staff is extremely unprofessional and rude. They just don’t care about their patients. Will never go back again.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

Dr. Angela C. Bess's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Lansdowne, VA