Ratings for Dr. Tim Kostamo

My mom broke her hip and had been sent to Burnaby Hospital. It’s such a shock to us. I was so worried and anxious until Dr. Timothy Kostamo showed up. After a short conversation with him, I trusted him immediately. My mom was fortunate to have Dr. Kostamo as Orthopedic Surgeon. The surgery went very well. During the time my mom stayed in the hospital, we were so impressed by Dr. Kostamo, not only his knowledge and skills, but also his dedication and thoughtfulness. My Mom said that Dr. Kostamo is one of the nicest person she ever known. Thank you for all you have done, Dr. Kostamo. Because of you, I believe that this world is still a good place.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr Kostamo replaced my hip 3 years ago It could not have turned out any better. I was home cutting my lawn 4 weeks later and have had zero issues. I was impressed with him from my consultation to my post surgery follow up

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Excellent. I was very nervous. He had done the hip replacement surgery for me and the result is amazing. My neighbors are shock at my recovery and said "Look at her, she is walking so fast now". I am very happy and grateful.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Anyone who knows Dr. Kostamo realizes that he is the most professional, knowledgeable and skilled orthopedic surgeon you can locate in the area. He always has his patient's best interests in mind, he takes time to listen to your concerns and answers your questions to his best ability. You are in very good hands with him as he actually loves what he does for a living! A truly humble and thoughtful man on top of all. Just ask the people that work with him daily; they can't say enough good things about this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Terrible surgeon! Unprofessional and incompetent. I would never trust this surgeon. Please find a good and better good surgeon. That is my honest opinion!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2016

After being in sports for many years and developing an injury that can only be repaired through surgery, I was lead to Dr. Kostamo. He provided me with information about my body and my injury with substantial detail and guided me through the process of establishing whether or not the surgery was needed. I highly respect that by performing these tests to ensure surgery was necessary, especially since I am a very young age, and make sure I am not being put through something that didn't necessarily need to happen. When booking the actual surgery day came around, his staff were extremely accomidating in the sense that I am still a student and missing school was an issue. If a cancellation occured, they gave me notice so I could select a day that would least impact my studies. Extremely wonderful. Day of the surgery he was punctual, calmed my nerves by explaining the procedure with detail and precision, and immediately felt that I was in good hands. Surgery was a success and the recovery has been easy and virtually painless. I deeply thank Dr. Kostamo and his team for all they have done for me.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

As I was unaware of ALL that he would be doing to my Shoulder and surrounding areas, I didn't have a choice in what was done, as a result, some things that were done, I would NOT have done, including cut off part of my muscle and re-attach it to a bone, instead of to the joint. The follow up care was horrific. I advised him that the muscle that was attached to the bone concerned me, as it felt like it was flipping over and might be torn off, while doing something as little as grabbing a bag of groceries. He told me he would refer me to a specialist, on every appointment we had, since 2011, btw, I'm still awaiting for that appointment. The doctor also stated that he would send me for an MRI, which I reminded him that his office had still not booked, that too was supposed to be booked in 2011 and finally booked in 2015. I guess his office never calls to book appointments for follow ups, after they've received the results from their tests, I waited close to 2 months, then I called the office to schedule a follow up. 4 years later, clearly in need of an operation, he had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to be operated on. I thought that was a no brainer, but I guess for some, one must state the obvious. So now I'm on a waiting list, I wonder how many years that will take!

Submitted September 2, 2015

I tried to find fault with him but I cannot. Even though I do not like him personally, I cannot find a better doctor than him. He gives correct diagnoses and solutions and takes good care of his patients. I trust him with my life. This is as objective an assessment as it gets.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

I find Dr. Tim Kostamo excellent. Both his surgical skill and bedside manor are excellent. Unlike many surgeons, he actually takes a personal interest in his patients and treats you like you are his only one. A very nice man and great doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Amazing surgeon. Very nice, helpful, sincere and knowledgeable. Always had the right answers and did a great job on my surgery. I am very lucky and glad I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015