You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Tim Kostamo

As I was unaware of ALL that he would be doing to my Shoulder and surrounding areas, I didn't have a choice in what was done, as a result, some things that were done, I would NOT have done, including cut off part of my muscle and re-attach it to a bone, instead of to the joint. The follow up care was horrific. I advised him that the muscle that was attached to the bone concerned me, as it felt like it was flipping over and might be torn off, while doing something as little as grabbing a bag of groceries. He told me he would refer me to a specialist, on every appointment we had, since 2011, btw, I'm still awaiting for that appointment. The doctor also stated that he would send me for an MRI, which I reminded him that his office had still not booked, that too was supposed to be booked in 2011 and finally booked in 2015. I guess his office never calls to book appointments for follow ups, after they've received the results from their tests, I waited close to 2 months, then I called the office to schedule a follow up. 4 years later, clearly in need of an operation, he had the audacity to ask me if I wanted to be operated on. I thought that was a no brainer, but I guess for some, one must state the obvious. So now I'm on a waiting list, I wonder how many years that will take!

Submitted September 2, 2015

I tried to find fault with him but I cannot. Even though I do not like him personally, I cannot find a better doctor than him. He gives correct diagnoses and solutions and takes good care of his patients. I trust him with my life. This is as objective an assessment as it gets.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2015

I find Dr. Tim Kostamo excellent. Both his surgical skill and bedside manor are excellent. Unlike many surgeons, he actually takes a personal interest in his patients and treats you like you are his only one. A very nice man and great doctor. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Amazing surgeon. Very nice, helpful, sincere and knowledgeable. Always had the right answers and did a great job on my surgery. I am very lucky and glad I was referred to him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2015

I was very lucky to have Dr. Kostamo as my Orthopedic Surgeon. He was very kind, caring, and always taking his time to answer my questions. I was visited by Dr. Kostamo when I was in the emergency room before I made a decision to have a surgery on my shoulder. My experience at the hospital wasn't that great because I had to wait for the surgery for 2days. During that waiting time, Dr. Kostamo kindly came to check on my conditions and he was also reachable during my recovery periods. My scar is quite minimal and my recovery results are amazing! The staff are very nice, professional and helpful.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

I feel very fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Kostamo for my Severe Osteoarthritis in my knees. He was very kind, took time to explain my Medical issues and what options were available to me. I am very happy with my outcome of very successful Two Total Knee Replacements one on my Right and Left Knees. He provided me with very clear written information of what to do or not do after Surgery. His office staff were very kind, informed and helpful. I would recommend Dr. Kostamo to anyone who is looking for a Excellent surgeon. I thank him very much for everything he has done for me.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2014

Dr. Kostamo did a complete hip replacement for me. He has no ego and listens to his patients. He is the most kind and caring doctor. My recovery and healing was remarkable thanks to the excellent job he did. I waited a quite a long time to get my surgery but it was worth the wait to have a doctor like him. His staff are equally helpful. You won't find a better surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

This surgeon's carelessness resulted in my knee surgery reqiring two subsequent surgeries to repair the damage. His overconfident negligence was endorsed by the second surgeon who fixed it. Kostomos decided to take a stab at reconstructing my very complicated ACL pcl Mcl. Too arrogant to refer me to a specialist, it took me a 20 year old athlete at the time, 5 years to fully recover from a procedure that should have put me out for a week I can't comment on his follow up as I never received one. No call, and charged me $60 for a note required by EI stating that I couldn't work. I pray you heed my advise, seek a second opinion and wait for a Better surgeon even if they have a wait. The reason they have a list of patients waiting is because they know what they are doing. The reason you have been referred to him and possibly even got in early, is because kostomos doesn't

Submitted April 23, 2014

I tore my hamstring very badly water skiing last summer, and was referred to Dr Kostamo by my family doctor. Dr Kostamo accommodated me on very short notice, provided me with excellent surgical advice, and reattached my hamstring at Burnaby Hospital. His pre- and post-op care was outstanding; he has a very approachable and personable demeanour. Dr Kostamo’s recommendations for rehabilitation and physiotherapy were specific and resulted in a full recovery with no loss of function in my leg. When my son subsequently tore his ACL playing high school football, Dr Kostamo agreed to see him on referral. He reconstructed my son’s ACL and repaired his meniscus, and my son is also on the road to a full recovery. Consider yourself very lucky to have Dr Kostamo as your Orthopedic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Kostamo from my surgeon in the East Kootenays as I was moving to the Vancouver area with a newly broken leg/ankle. Dr. Kostamo was very thorough in getting to know my case and very helpful answering questions during each of my visits. I found he and his staff very professional and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

Dr. Tim Kostamo's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "As I was unaware of ALL that he would be doing to my Shoulder and surrounding areas, I didn't have a choice in what was done, as a result, some things that were..."

September 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I tried to find fault with him but I cannot. Even though I do not like him personally, I cannot find a better doctor than him. He gives correct diagnoses and ..."

May 17, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I find Dr. Tim Kostamo excellent. Both his surgical skill and bedside manor are excellent. Unlike many surgeons, he actually takes a personal interest in his p..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Amazing surgeon. Very nice, helpful, sincere and knowledgeable. Always had the right answers and did a great job on my surgery. I am very lucky and glad I wa..."

March 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was very lucky to have Dr. Kostamo as my Orthopedic Surgeon. He was very kind, caring, and always taking his time to answer my questions. I was visited by Dr...."

September 24, 2014