Ratings for Dr. Lily A. Hanna

She doesn't do follow up, and she is actually one of the rudest people I have ever met in my entire life. In fact, I would go on ahead and say that she's a sociopath.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

Avoid Dr. Hanna and save yourself time and frustration. I saw her yesterday for a terrible case of mastitis. I had started an antibiotic prescribed by an urgent care doctor as I went from bad to worse in hours and couldn't get into the OB quick enough. CityMD told me to follow up with my OB who practices with Dr. Hanna, if I wasn't feeling better. My OB wasn't available, so in a desperate attempt to treat this breast infection quickly before it turns into an abscess, I blindly took an appointment with Dr. Hanna. She couldn't have cared less about how I was feeling. This pain is seriously worse than labor pains, which I told her in tears. She was stone cold. My fever had gotten up to 102.9 the night before so I asked if she would take my temperature. She said "I don't even think I have a thermometer. Your temperature is going to fluctuate anyway." I usually just accept what doctors say and am easy going, but was completely take aback when she, knowing I had an infection that she said is usually a staph infection, refused to take my temp. She did not offer one bit of treatment advice that is easily found online, such as suggesting I take Tylenol, ibuprofen, use ice packs, hot packs, topical creams for the infection, etc. The only thing she suggested I do was to call my regular OB, her colleague, the next day (today) if I wasn't feeling better to have my prescription changed and as she walked out the door, she said "a lot of women say it's worse than labor." She was was the least caring doctor I've ever seen. If she was trying to express that I need not worry, she did it in the worst way with the worst tone possible. I usually and maybe by fault, trust doctors with their guidance first, but seeing as how I've never been this sick and miserable, the smallest amount of CARE from a DOCTOR would've been nice at the very least...considering she needs us to get her paycheck. AND I called the office 3 times today about that prescription change I need, and have yet to hear back from anyone.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Hanna and her office performed genetic testing on me without informed consent. After attempting to reach her via phone, email and in person unsuccessfully for over a year, I am now moving forward with legal action and am seeking others to form a joint lawsuit who may have similar experiences with Dr. Hanna. You can reach me at uninformedconsent14@gmail.com.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

After having my daughter, I quit my job so changed to my husband's insurance. I came upon Dr Lily Hanna because of a male dr my friend sees at the same office ( I did not want a male obgyn). I have been seeing her for about a year now and can officially say now that she is impossible to reach, her secretary does not return phone calls or fulfill requests such as submitting the prescription refills to be signed (although it could be the Dr. who doesn't sign). Also she decided to change my prescription without informing me ( I found out through the pharmacy) and I called to inquire what the difference is (after countless attempts to reach her) and I still did not receive an answer. Not sure if this entire office is disorganized or just her and her secretary but having had previous OBGYNs before her, this is the worst one I've been to. As of today I will be changing to another doctor.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hanna's for more than 5 years and I couldn't be happier with her and her staff. Her secretary, Lisette, has always been attentive to my needs, returns my calls etc. Dr. Hanna is a caring, compassionate physician that takes time to speak to me and answer any questions that I may have. I wish I could find these qualities in an Internal Medicine doctor. I have referred several friends to her and all have been pleased and continue to see her. I give her the highest recommendation possible.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

I agree that her assistant is impossible to reach and NOT helpful . Also, I'm pretty sure I had a unnecessary leep procedure done. I really wish I would have gone for a second opinion before I agreed to the leep procedure. (especially after reading the below reviews about a girl who didn't even really have an STD . Be careful girls....the leep procedure in NO joke and they make it seem super important like you NEED it.....its painful and a mess! Its basically medieval...Oh and after I got it done, she told me " everything was normal, you didn't even need it! "

flag | Submitted May 1, 2013

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

her assistant is rude unhelpful lazy and incompetent, also snobby.. to write a simple doctor note that Hanna agreed to look over and approve. because of that I wont recommend her practice to any first time mom trying to make pregnancy easier. i dont appreciate the snobbiness as im a paying in network patient.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2012

I had her as my OBGYN when I was pregnant. Her and her staff were never available! Worst still leaves me a message furing my 5th month that my downsynrome results were abnormal. I tried to reach her for hours with no answer not even a receptionist. I went in person and all she does is smile and say she can't tell me what the results mean I had to see a geneticist. When I see the geneticist I had to wait for hours since Dr. Hanna forgot to send in my paper work so they were unable to treat me all morning until finally after hours of the geneticist calling they get a call back. Even when I tried to switch doctors afterwards my doctor could not believe how hard it was to get in contact with anyone at Dr. Hanna's office! I had a healthy baby wih no developmental issues. But this woman not only put me through stress but was not even available to answer any questions or concerns I had. I do not recommend her to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2012

Dr. Hanna is a very pleasant person with a good bed side manner, particularly when she isn't rushed. She is almost always running behind, because she generally spends time with patients to answer their questions. Out of the 5 time I have seen her, only once did I feel she was pushing me out of the room. Unfortunately, this attentiveness one you are in the room leads to terrible wait times - an hour wait is the average. Also, she clearly does not take a moment to read over my chart before entering the room. I have to remind her of basic things regarding my pregnancy. At times she has pushed for tests I thought were not necessary, but she backs down easily when questioned. All in all, she is an average doctor, but a nice person. Bed side manner is key and a good bedside manner is something she possesses. This is one hugely positive thing she has going for her.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2011

Dr. Lily A. Hanna's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 2003)

Multiplan