Ratings for Dr. Mark L. Fox

Dr Fox should not be your first choice if you need an ENT.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Dr Fox is wonderful. He gets to the cause of the problem and gets you back feeling fine in no time. Pleasure to go to.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

This reviews are accurate to the tee. My visit with Mark Fox was equally disturbing. To begin with, my wait to see was 2 hours, the session with him lasted no more than ten minutes. Copay was $50 and not worth one cent. Walks in the door, and I normally shakes hands with people I meet, but he was so offstandish I didn't, but make a Snarky remark, Well its nice to see you.... referring to my two hour wait. What are you in here for, he asked; as I spoke, his attitude speaked volumes. He conducted a real fast examination of my ears, nose and throat and said "everything looks fine to me".... and started typing on his computer --- for insurance and documentation purposes. I continued to say then why do I feel like my ears are clogged and plugged; what about the stiff neck.... he stated it must be the TMJ. OK. Sir, you are were not dealing with some idiot here but an educated attorney. He was rude and inconsiderate and my mistake was that I did not check this doctor out. LISTEN TO THE PUBLIC REVIEWS; they are not lies or vindictive people. People are mad; we pay for this service! In furtherance, the staff up front was unprofessional. very trashy place in my honest opinion; will never visit ENT Allergies again.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Dr. Mark L. Fox

Dr. Mark L. Fox's response
Good Morning - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. We pride ourselves on our customer service, so it's upsetting to read about your experience in our office. I want to extend you our sincerest apologies. I have shared your feedback with our Senior Management. A member of our team would like the opportunity to speak with you. In order to respect your health privacy and discuss your experience in detail, please send us an email with your contact information via our secure email server at patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] with 'RATEMD' in the subject line. Thank you for contacting us and we hope to hear from you soon. Best, Nora

Submitted January 27, 2016

I had the most terrible experience with this doctor. Don't give him your money! This doctor was rude and demeaning throughout the session, tried to make a ridiculous diagnosis, which I shot down, and after that, he got incredibly defensive and even nastier. By the end of the appointment, I had to resist crying I was so annoyed and frustrated with him. It was a waste of time and money to go to this guy, go to any other ENT you can find before you see Dr. Fox! I had had a cold several weeks ago that I eventually seemed to get over, but not before my right tonsil and side of my throat developed a sharp shooting pain and my right ear felt like it was going to explode, a sensation which increased over the week up until I saw Dr. Fox. I also had several tonsil stones that week, which I've never had before in my life. I finally reached the end of my rope and called a random ENT and asked for the soonest appointment, and to the office's credit, I had an appointment within the hour. Dr. Fox examined me for a while, with an awful bedside manner, like when he touched my right tonsil and I was groaning because it hurt so much, he pulled out and asked me disgustedly why I was making that noise. I told him because it hurts terribly! At one point he noted that my TMJ was tight and had the balls to say he thought that that was what was causing my pain. I told him outright that I had been told I had a tight TMJ my whole life, and that I very much doubted it was causing the pain I was having. He replied in an irritated tone "I can only tell you what I see" and got much nastier with me for the rest of session. He wrapped up by saying there was nothing he could do for me, he couldn't see anything wrong, and take some tylenol. I almost cried I was so disheartened and frustrated by him. I am still in horrible pain and will seek a second opinion if it doesn't go away in several days.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Mark L. Fox

Dr. Mark L. Fox's response
Good Afternoon - I'm Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have as positive an experience as possible at our offices. We are sincerely sorry - as is Dr. Fox - that you interpreted any part of your visit as you describe. It was absolutely not his intention to cause you discomfort in any way. In fact, the opposite is true. We would like to speak to you more about this, but in a way that fully maintains your health privacy. Please contact us via our secure email server at patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com]. Please include your contact information and we will call you immediately. Again, our sincerest apologies for your experience. We look forward to speaking with you soon. Best, Nora

Submitted May 14, 2015

Don't ever go to this doctor. He is rude, unconcerned and his assistant is equally rude. No one calls you back. They talk to you like you are an idiot. Never in my life have I ever gone to a Dr. with such a lousy bed side manner and a staff that does not want to help you. You can't ask any questions because he doesn't bother to answer you. Please stay away.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

One of the rudest doctors I've ever been to. He didn't even look at me to start with. He kept typing while asking me questions in a very rude manner. Once I realized his attitude, I backfired and he decided to check my throat. I have Tracheitis and have been sick twice in a four months. I previously had seen another doctor who failed to medicate me. As it wasn't working I went to Dr. Fox for a 2nd opinion. Big mistake. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone. He is RUDE, inconsiderate and very uncaring. The type of doctor no one needs. No wonder he's no longer a Castle Connolly Guide Best Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2012

Dr. Mark L. Fox's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in New Rochelle, NY