Ratings for Dr. Shalom Coodin

If you want a mental assessment that looks like an outright defamation of character, go to this doctor. Absolutely appalled. Does not bother specifying the "when" or "why" and instead applies him own imaginary timelines and assumptions to official documents. Disgusted and horrified.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Has defiantly been one of the best Drs I have had the privilege to be a patient of.. I have felt nothing but gratitude for this Dr an his staff.. A wonderful life changing experience I feel honored to have!!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Best Dr. I have seen. He clearly has my best interests at heart. He is an intelligent and highly skilled Dr. I feel lucky to be in his care.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

I have to give credit where it is due. Dr. Coodin helped me by giving me the technical term for what I have spent my life suffering with. That has been huge for me. The only options for treatment: referrals and medication. I feel as though Dr. Coodin is primarily focused on medication therapy, so if you are uncomfortable with that then you may very well be out of luck. I did get a referral elsewhere and a list of resources from him. What does this man specialize in, truly? I found that he lacked knowledge for specific areas of mental health. Any help I asked for resulted in a different suggestion for medication, information on different resources printed from other websites and book recommendations. He is not there to talk. He was late for most of my appointments. It is discouraging to hear the words "I can't help you". In the end a referral to elsewhere was just what I needed. How on earth was I referred to this person in the first place? If you need medication he is your doctor.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2014

I was very scared by these rates. You guys need to understand that people read them. Then, I said ok, realistically this man has been a doctor for a very long time. I do understand why people may have said what they do about doctors but I am enjoying my help that Dr. Coodin is giving me. He is very kind, always on time and is helping me with my issues. We went through medications and he explained to me how he wanted me to be comfortable in choosing what is best for me. I got my prescription the first time he saw me and am getting better as the days go by. He is technical with terms, so if you are uncomfortable with hearing some words, get used to it, it helps you get better, and dont believe all the negative things you hear in life, for some times its truly how we may perceive things based on the lives we've lived!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Found this "doctor" about as helpful as a witch doctor. Probably found his degree in a box of Crackerjacks.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2013

I went to see him last fall, said he couldnt help me, my doctor recently referred me and it took him six weeks to get back to my doctor to say he would not see me based on last falls visit even though i am going through totally different issues. USELESS, HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

I was at a very critical point when I was referred to Coodin for severe depression. Personal space with women seems to be a common problem of his from talking with a few other women who've seen him as well. We laid out a plan over many visits about changing my medication, but the one time I phoned for help with severe pain and nausea help from the withdrawal, he openly berated me for calling and said he had no idea why I wanted off the meds to begin with even though we'd spent several sessions going over it, to which he agreed. Very unprofessional and has a creepy air around him. Find someone else, especially if you're a woman. There's much better help out there.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2013

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I trust him. He is soft spoken and asks the right questions.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012