Ratings for Dr. Karen R. Wharton

My family has been seeing Dr. Wharton for 20 years she is always outstanding.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

Dr. Wharton has been my eye doctor for four years. She and her staff treat me with care and respect. My eyes have always been hard to fit with contacts, and she's the only doctor that kept working on it until I could see just right. I've told my friends about her and they have had excellent care from her too.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2011

Dr. Wharton was rude to me in a recent visit and I found out a week later that she had been the same to a friend who had also gone to her. She distrusted my ability to pay for the visit despite the fact that I have vision insurance and that my insurance had faxed info over to her office. Her office was confused about some insurance details and rather than calling the insurance office (I had taken the trouble to provide extra contact info for them)she took my right of using my insurance away from me. She forced me to pay for my visit in full. She used an insulting, distrustful tone with me during the visit and invalidated my ability to pay. Her secretary wore a shocked expression on her face as Dr. Wharton spoke rudely to me. Worst: Dr. Wharton grabbed my prescriptions away from me as if I was going to run off with them without paying. I had gone to her before and was a returning patient and received this kind of treatment. I will no longer be going to her office.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

Dr. Karen R. Wharton's Credentials

• Pacific University - College Of Optometry (Grad. 1983)

Kaiser-Permanente