Ratings for Dr. Gretchen Michaelson

Highly recommend Gretchen, she takes the time to understand your total health and provides treatment options that work for your specific needs. She is very responsive, goes above and beyond to provide care. She has built a very relaxing environment and has a great staff. All dedicated to health and the practical details like insurance, etc.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2019

I can’t say enough about Gretchen! I had a brain tumor removed almost 7 years ago and developed severe headaches that took my quality of life. I went to many neurologists to try to get help but to no avail. Not one doctor was able to figure out my issue or give me any hope in recovering until I met Gretchen. She sat across from me and listened to my story and asked a ton of questions and then proceeded to tell me that I WAS going to get past these headaches and she was going to help me reach that goal. She was such an encouragement to me and after treating me with her precise and thoughtful plan, I can now say with a grateful heart that I am no longer a headache sufferer!!! This is a miracle and Gretchen was my gift from God! I recommend her to my family and friends. Her new office is so pleasant and her staff treats you like family. When you walk in the waiting room, the music is quiet and soft. Very thoughtful to those who have a headache. 5 stars all the way!!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2019

Gretchen is a true gem. She's the one that will get you all the help you need and work with, because she REALLY cares. Kathy Bruni

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

Gretchen is very knowledgeable and is willing to sit and listen to my problems, then try to work out a solution. I am very happy with this practice.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2018

I absolutely love her and I am thrilled that she opened her own business - headache care center in South Windsor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Gretchen is wonderful! I moved to a new area, so I had to change doctors. I will sure miss her! She's very knowledgeable (and keeps up on new knowledge of conditions), kind-hearted, and experienced.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

Fantastic. very knowledgeable. Willing to sit and talk with you and answer any questions or concerns you may have. She is not just concerned with your treatment but your life and situations affecting your health. A+

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

She's great. Very helpful and cares so much about me.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

Dr. Gretchen Michaelson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Educating and guiding individuals with headache, either newly diagnosed or with long term conditions, requires patience, skill, and a deep desire to help improve your quality of life. I am a life learner that has found particular satisfaction from helping those with chronic conditions to achieve a quality of life that they may have never imagined. Professionally, I have been doing just that since I specialized in neurological medicine as the second neurology Nurse Practitioner in the State of Connecticut – a journey that began in 2005 as a general neurology provider, with a particular emphasis on Multiple Sclerosis. Since 2007 I have focused on Headache Medicine and Multiple Sclerosis, practicing at the Hartford Headache Center with Dr. Tanya Bilchik and Denise McGrath, APRN. I have also obtained the Added Qualification in Headache (“AQH”). That AQH designation is granted by the National Headache Foundation only to providers (physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and the like) that are specially recognized for their abilities in Headache Medicine. It is a designation that I am proud of, and shows the commitment that I have to provide you with the best care that I can. In addition to being the founder and director of the Headache Care Center PLLC, I am also a neurology lecturer at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Graduate School of Nursing, and a frequent patient and provider educator. After graduating from the University of Massachusetts, Graduate School of Nursing, with highest honors, I joined Dr. Michael Krinsky and Dr. Gary Belt at their general practice, Connecticut Neurology Consultants, P.C. in Vernon and Bloomfield, CT. With a strong desire to be more focused in my practice I joined Dr. Bilchik at the Hartford Headache Center, LLC as a headache specialist and to start The MS Clinic at HHC. As a provider at the Hartford Headache Center, I began specializing in Headache Medicine, and as director of The MS Clinic at HHC I continued my practice on the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis. During this time I was selected by the International Organization of Multiple Sclerosis Nurses to participate in a national fellowship program to improve the quality of care for individuals with MS, and received the Multiple Sclerosis Certified Specialist designation. During my early years at the Hartford Headache Center, I remained focused on the treatment of both MS and Headache, and thereafter began to focus my practice primarily on the treatment of Headache Medicine, including such conditions as migraine, tension headache, cluster headache, primary headache, secondary headache, rebound headache, and others. That treatment focus has transitioned my practice to providing Headache Medicine as a certified provider, and as an investigator in double-blind clinical research for drug therapies seeking their FDA approval. During that time I also established HHC’s infusion treatment suite to provide acute and preventative therapies for both M.S. and headache patients. With the Headache Care Center I am now happy to bring that specialization and infusion suite services to South Windsor and its surrounding towns, and I look forward to doing all that I can to help you in your journey to achieve the quality of life that you deserve.

• English