Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Bermel

Dr. Bermel is the most knowledgeable optometrist I've ever met. His passion, is demonstrated in his care for his patients and in his drive to always be on the cutting edge. If you are looking for an eye doctor that gives a good quick eye exam, he is not the doctor for you. Because he cares a great deal about your overall health and the health of your eyes you will receive an incredibly thorough eye exam. He not only care about you seeing great today, he wants to make sure he can help you to the best of his professional abilities that you will see great for years to come.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

I had surgery on my right eye and literally could not see well enough to drive. I was told by my surgeon that I would lucky if I would ever be corrected to better than 20/40. In the past my doctors could never correct my vision on the first try so I certainly was concerned about getting as good prescription after surgery. I visited Dr. Bermel because I was told that he is a perfectionist and wanted to see if he was as good as I was told. Dr. Bermel got my prescription on the first try. It is PERFECT! I'm seeing 20/20! Yes, I did have to wait 30 minutes to see him but it was worth it. He spent an incredible amount of time with me and answered all of my questions. I wish all of my doctors were as thorough as him. I tell everyone to come to this office if you truly want to get good care.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Had an appointment scheduled at 11:00 a.m. with Dr. Bermel. The doctor did not show up to the office until almost 1 p.m. Once I got back to see him I was bombarded with the biggest sales pitch I have ever heard. At one point thought I was talking with a used car salesman. I was told that I needed three different pairs of glasses and once he found out who my insurance was through he immediately said I had to have all of these tests done. Have been going to the eye doctor most of life and this was the first time I had ever heard of this. Once he was done with the "sales pitch" and my exam was completed he turned me over to the Optician. She was "extremely pushy and condescending" when I told her that three pairs of glasses was not possible due to my budget constraints. Did not purchase anything much to her annoyance. I will NEVER return to this practice again and will let all my friends and neighbors to STAY AWAY. The almighty dollar is their main concern and not the patient.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Dr. Bermel is very knowledgeable and knows alot about gentle molding, but the prices charged for his services and the wait times (even if you have an appointment) are unreasonable. He will talk your ear off while trying to sell you everything under the sun because "it is good for your eyes". I lost trust in him and spent a fortune before leaving for another eye doctor.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Dr. Bermel saved my eye when he noted that I had developed a macular hole. He immediately sent me to Capital Eye Consulting and I had surgery to repair the hole shortly thereafter. He specializes in difficult cases and has helped alot of people including myself when after my surgery I developed double vision. That being said, I go for a scheduled appointment and I am never seen on time; some times it can be over an hour wait. Also, while he was trying to correct my double vision, I had the feeling that it could have been done with many less visits (took nearly 4 months to get glasses) as some of the test were repeated and it seemed we were going back over the same territory. He is good but it you need lots of patience before you get the final set of glasses or contacts.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2012

He is knowledgeable; however his greed for money blinds his morals. He actually believes he is a good person and wants to share his information with everyone because he thinks everyone has the right to know about his products. Of course he is very bias and although he has very good quality lens, frames, and sunglasses and not to mention experience in the gentle molding lens; Bermel charges an arm an a leg for his services. His practice is family oriented, which is good but how the doctor acts is almost similar to how he is at home as well. Very spoiled and immature even for a man past his fifties. He is mysophobic and very picky about certain things, which some people would expect that it means he is a detailed doctor although that would be far from the truth. He is messy and expects other to clean up after him just like how he deserves to be treated with a higher amount of respect from others; employees and patients alike.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Michael J. Bermel's Credentials

• Pennsylvania College Of Optometry (Grad. 1979)

Commercial Insurance Company