Dr. Sheina Macadam

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I am from a rural community in northern BC and was referred to Dr. Macadam after having had a partial mastectomy, chemotherapy, and radiation. I had a double mastectomy after learning I was BRAC 2 positive. I had the latissimus dorsi flap reconstruction surgery at the same time as the double mastectomy. Dr. Macadam was a comfort to me as I trusted her judgement and respected her professionalism. I could ask questions and have them answered to my satisfaction. We had visits prior to the surgery for her to evaluate the best surgery for me. I appreciated her realistic approach as well as her optimism. Post-surgery, I had some concerns about healing, but as I live far from the Lower Mainland, I was able to take pictures of my incisions and text them to her. She replied the same day with suggestions and recommendations for me and I have healed perfectly fine with no complications. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery. She was able to preserve my nipple on my breast that had cancer, which I did not think was possible. I feel like I could be a poster girl for her as my results are better than I could ever have expected. I am no longer self conscious of my appearance in everyday clothes and also in my bathing suites on vacation. I am thankful to have had the quality experience I had with Dr. Macadam and I appreciate her desire for perfection.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Macadam - she set me at ease, answered all my questions in my initial consult and made me feel super comfortable. The day of surgery was so much easier than I anticipated because of the great surgical staff, a visit from the anesthetist and another visit with Dr. M preop to review and to answer any last questions. Postoperatively she was available for any concerns, super patient and kind and always up beat and positive. I don’t think I would have had the same positive experience if I had chosen a different doctor. I get the feeling Dr M genuinely cares and wants the best possible outcome and result. She is realistic about expectations and healing times, and very personable. I felt very well taken care of every step of the way. I’m very happy to have been under her care for this experience!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I have been very happy with Dr. Macadam since I first met her. I was initially referred to a different surgeon but did not feel comfortable with their bedside manner. With the help of my sister, we found Dr. Macadam and I have been so happy with the results. I was diagnosed in December 2015 and after two partial mastectomies, it was recommended to have a full mastectomy post Chemo and radiation. I chose to have a double mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction in October 2016 under Sheina's care. She has always been open to any questions and I never felt rushed at any appointment. Following my surgery, she was very responsive when I had concerns about my incisions. It resulted in a partial debridement but even with these complications, I have undergone subsequent revision surgery and am so pleased with the end results. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone requiring similar or elective surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Sheina has been looking after me with my double mastectomy and reconstruction post IDC Cancer diagnosis in 2015. Her professionalism, bedside manner and knowledge are top notch. I have felt safe, well looked after and comfortable with every decision she has helped me to make. With my 3rd and hopefully final surgery, Sheina was able to address some’rippling’ and worked hard with MSP to get it covered. She has exceeded any expectation I had of what I would look like. I am throughly grateful for Surgeons like Sheina who are dedicated and passionate about the details and the patients. Her support staff always remember me ask how I’m doing and feeling. Overall they made a scary and stressful time really pleasent.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Masectomy was recommended when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I searched out a physician that could perform the DIEP reconstruction procedure. I felt very fortunate to have found Dr Macadam. She is multitalented in not only attention to all of the details of reconstruction but also microscopic surgery which this procedure requires. Her intelligence is equal to her caring and attention to the patients needs.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

After deciding to have my brest implants removed I researched for the best qualified surgeon that could perform my surgery and I am very grateful to have found Dr Macadam. I travelled to Vancouver and had a week stay in the beautiful city while I had my 525cc 10 year old Mentor saline implants removed with a full capsulectomy. I am very grateful for the treatment I received by Dr Macadam and her staff thru the consult to my post-op care. I would highly recommend Dr Macadam to anyone looking to have this procedure done as she has by far done a beautiful job and made it as easy for me as possible. Forever gratefull 💖💖💖

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about my experience from start to finish. Dr Macadam came highly recommended to me by friends. The second I met her I felt so comfortable and I could tell how passionate she was about her job and how down to earth she was. After nursing my kids for 3 years I was left with very sad and dropping breasts. My results of my breast lift with implants is better than I ever thought possible. Dr. Macadams love for her job and her perfectionist ways make her the best in the business. I would absolutely recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Dr. Macadam is nothing short of wonderful. She did a breast reduction for me and my results are absolutely incredible! It's only been 3 weeks since my surgery but the scars are barely noticeable. It's truly amazing! She made me feel so at ease and very comfortable with my decision. I felt very confident going in that she would do a wonderful job, and she did! She is a very skilled surgeon with great attention for detail. If you want the best surgeon in Vancouver, go to Sheina Macadam. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

My experience with Dr. Macadam and her amazing staff was nothing short of exceptional! Her careful, meticulous attention to detail made my entire experience with her and her staff one that I would recommend again and again. There is no doubt that she is the best of the best, and I would be happy to see her again in a heartbeat. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I downsized from a larger saline implant (D cup) to a smaller B cup silicone implant. Dr. Macadam took great care and time with me to help me determine my new size. She drained my saline implants for me so I could see if I needed a lift or not. (I did end up doing a small lift). During surgery she took alot of time to "try on" various sizes on to determine my new cup size. She gave me exactly what I asked for. After surgery she gave my her number in case any concerns came up- I did end up calling her too and she got back to me right away on a Sunday morning I might add. There were alot of follow up appointments after surgery. I got the feeling before surgery that she was a perfectionist, and after surgery- as I see my results I can see this is true. The service, surgery work, bedside manner, care and follow up all were outstanding. I had a wonderful experience and I would not hesitate to recommend her to friends or family.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery