Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I had bilateral mastectomy with implant reconstruction with Dr. Macadam over the past fall and spring. I cannot say enough about how positive and wonderful Dr. Macadam was throughout the process I have been working with her. It was a very scary and vulnerable time for me, following a diagnosis of a large area of DCIS in one breast combined with a family history of aggressive breast cancer. Dr. Macadam was very good at explaining to me all my various options, very realistic about the results I could expect, and was good at helping me take the time to decide on the procedures right for me. She was always positive, professional and understanding and I am very pleased with the results. This was a whole new world for me - I never imagined myself having plastic surgery for anything and had no idea that this could be part of breast cancer treatment. I feel that my recovery physically and emotionally from bilateral mastectomy is so much different and more positive because of the reconstruction and the excellent job that Dr. Macadam has done. I am very thankful for her work.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Macadam is by far one of the best surgeons I have ever been to. Her works are amazing and she takes her time to make sure everything is as close to perfection as it can get. I love her and would recommend anybody to see her 100 percent. Her team of staff are amazing as well.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr Macadam performed DIEP surgery on me to reconstruct my breast (post mastectomy, radiation and chemo). She is a kind, caring and highly-skilled medical artist who brings a female appreciation to the breast rebuilding process. Her thoroughness while I was in UBC hospital included bring a post-surgery support bra - checking on progress personally - and, post-release, dealing with a major query by personally returning my call, despite the fact she was post-procedure herself. Cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I just had my breast lift surgery with Dr. Macadam and she was great! I highly recommend her! She is so nice and down to earth but still professional.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I believe Dr Macadam to be the best plastic Surgeon in Vancouver. Above being knowledgable and great at what she does, she is caring and kind. Her staff are amazing and provide wonderful service as well. She has performed tummy tuck, BA and Lipo on me and I could not be happier with the results. She is one of a kind and i highly recommend her to everyone thinking of undergoing plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

This woman is AMAZING!! After considering a tummy tuck for over a decade, I had the courage to go and see a plastic surgeon. Dr. Macadam exceeded every single one of my expectations. The consultation was thorough and not rushed. Dr. Macadam not only provided excellent care in her office and during surgery, she made herself accessible day and night during the recovery process. She is truly a perfectionist and Dr. Macadam transformed my life. I had about 7 lbs of skin removed and my results are truly miracle. If you are considering an type of plastic surgery you must book with Dr. Macadam. Upon meeting her you will quickly notice how genuine she is. The office staff is wonderful too, very attentive, helpful and professional. I can't rave enough about her!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Sheina by far worked her magic. I was blow away with the results form my reconstruction. She was empathetic and reassuring throughout the entire process. She offered suggestions to get the best possible outcome. She is professional and personable. Her office is friendly and punctual and she has exceeded any and all expectations. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr.Macadam is second to none!!! THE BEST! I cannot say enough about Dr. Sheina Macadam, READ THIS IF YOU WANT PERFECTION! The first thing I'll say in case you don't read the whole post is scroll through these ratings, all dr, no matter how good they are ranked will have a few bad reviews somewhere down the line, Dr. Macadam does not have a single bad review, not one! I had a breast lift and augmentation with her one week ago, and my result is already absolute perfection! I needed a full anchor lift due to significant weight loss which left my breasts very saggy and deflated with large oval areolas. I chose to include augmentation because I desired fuller upper pole volume, and enlargement, I also had one breast larger than the other. Im also an absolute control freak, perfectionist, surgeons nightmare, and I emailed Dr.Macadam multiple times daily, with questions, ideas, changing my mind on sizing every other day, and she would phone me personally and talk with me for an hour and clarify and answer all my questions. She is honest, kind, incredibly warm and personable, understanding, and truly passionate. She was able to show me likely outcomes, and ensure my expectations were realistic, however my results are SO MUCH BETTER than I ever hoped for!!! She always had priorities and never compromised the quality and success of the surgery, despite my constant inquiries of "going bigger", she assured me she would give me the absolute best that my type of surgery and body would allow, and she absolutely did just that! If you are reading this you are in search of the absolute best surgeon to entrust your body to, no matter how long the wait is, choose Dr.Macadam and you will not have any regrets!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I had wanted breast implants since I was a teenager. My breasts were always my biggest insecurity because of how small they were (34A on the left and 34AA on the right with a slight tuberous deformity). It took me a long time to finally decide that augmentation was right for me because the cost seemed unattainable and I wanted to make sure I was getting the procedure for the right reasons (for myself). I started looking around the Internet and booking consultations with well-reviewed surgeons in my area when I came across Dr. Sheina Macadam. From beginning to end Dr. Macadam was a dream. Her receptionists were warm, welcoming and efficient during every visit. I trusted Dr. Macadam almost immediately. She explained all of my options thoroughly and made me feel very comfortable. She didn't push any extra procedures on me either so it felt like a doctors office, not a business. I have slightly different nipple sizes, but she felt it didn't need to be corrected. I had 380CC put in my left breast and 450CC in my right breast, through the nipple and under the muscle. The surgery was a breeze. I literally didn't need to take any pain medication at home post op. I hardly had any bruising at all even though she told me it was a bit of a struggle getting the 450 in to such a small incision, amazing! Dr. Macadam gave me her personal number to call/text anytime if I had any questions/concerns which proved to be quite useful to me when I would forget to ask a question during a check up. She answered my text within 15 minutes every time. Six months later I am beyond thrilled with the result! The incision under my nipple is practically invisible and my breasts are perfectly proportionate to my body (I now have about a 34D) and they look quite natural. I would recommend Dr. Macadam a million times over, she's an absolute gem!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Absolutely the best. It took a while (8 months) to get in to see her, but it's totally worth the wait. I was told that she was the person to talk to after a failed breast reconstruction after my mastectomy. I was told that because I had radiation, I was no longer a candidate for reconstruction. Dr Macadam did a thorough examination, sent me for a ton of tests and then explained all of the risks in detail and all of the possible outcomes. I had my surgery in f 2015 at UBC hospital. It was a long surgery and I was hospitalized over the long weekend. She came every day over the long weekend to check on my progress and make sure that everything was going well. I can not say enough about how wonderful she is. As I said before, it's a long wait to get in to see her, but absolutely worthwhile and I would do it again, if she was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery