Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I had my BA done with Dr Macadam just a bit over 7 weeks ago. After doing some research for the best plastic surgeons in Vancouver, also with a friend that had hers' done with Dr Macadam I decided I would book a consultation with her. Even one of my aunts who has had breast cancer in the past said Dr Macadam is one of the best! The consultation went well and I felt at ease with her, I did do a follow up consultation just to confirm sizing and where I would want the incision. Initially, I was pretty adamant about going with the inframammary incision as opposed to the periareolar but after Dr Macadam educated me with her previous experience that with Asian patients we tend to scar darker so periareolar might be the better way for me. She showed me some photos and I ultimately made the decision with going periareolar. Went into the surgery feeling very comfortable and of course excited. After 5 days I was able to be out and about but of course with some caution. I only took two weeks off work for surgery and I was back on the dot of two weeks! I am very pleased with the results, I'm still waiting for them to drop and fluff a bit more but even as of right now they look very natural! If I didn't tell anyone I could probably get away with them being real! I have very little to no scarring! I'd also like to mention her staff are very pleasant as well!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I'm from Vancouver and recently had a BA done with Dr. Macadam in November. I chose her because she had excellent ratings but when I went for my consultation I knew right away I had made the right choice. She was extremely knowledgeable, sincere and transparent in risks and benefits associated with this procedure. She took her time during the consultation to answer all my questions and view pictures I had saved to show her the look I was trying to achieve. There was a moderate amount of pain for the first 3 days after surgery which was expected (I have a very low tolerance for pain to begin with). I am about 7 weeks post-op and extremely pleased with the results. If a natural look is your goal, Dr. Macadam is the absolute best. Almost as important as the surgery itself is the after care and recovery and Dr. Macadam did not disappoint. Both Dr. Macadam and her staff are truly amazing, I would offer the highest recommendation to her practice.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

My experience with Dr. Macadam was extremely positive. She is an excellent surgeon who truly cares about her patients. I am very happy with my results and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr Macadam and her staff are top notch. I never had to wait for any appointment and anytime I had questions via email I received timely response. All that said, my surgery was flawless, the surgical staff were so amazing and my results are perfect and only getting better....great experience glad I did it

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

I had bilateral mastectomy with implant reconstruction with Dr. Macadam over the past fall and spring. I cannot say enough about how positive and wonderful Dr. Macadam was throughout the process I have been working with her. It was a very scary and vulnerable time for me, following a diagnosis of a large area of DCIS in one breast combined with a family history of aggressive breast cancer. Dr. Macadam was very good at explaining to me all my various options, very realistic about the results I could expect, and was good at helping me take the time to decide on the procedures right for me. She was always positive, professional and understanding and I am very pleased with the results. This was a whole new world for me - I never imagined myself having plastic surgery for anything and had no idea that this could be part of breast cancer treatment. I feel that my recovery physically and emotionally from bilateral mastectomy is so much different and more positive because of the reconstruction and the excellent job that Dr. Macadam has done. I am very thankful for her work.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2016

Dr. Macadam is by far one of the best surgeons I have ever been to. Her works are amazing and she takes her time to make sure everything is as close to perfection as it can get. I love her and would recommend anybody to see her 100 percent. Her team of staff are amazing as well.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr Macadam performed DIEP surgery on me to reconstruct my breast (post mastectomy, radiation and chemo). She is a kind, caring and highly-skilled medical artist who brings a female appreciation to the breast rebuilding process. Her thoroughness while I was in UBC hospital included bring a post-surgery support bra - checking on progress personally - and, post-release, dealing with a major query by personally returning my call, despite the fact she was post-procedure herself. Cannot recommend her highly enough.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

I just had my breast lift surgery with Dr. Macadam and she was great! I highly recommend her! She is so nice and down to earth but still professional.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

I believe Dr Macadam to be the best plastic Surgeon in Vancouver. Above being knowledgable and great at what she does, she is caring and kind. Her staff are amazing and provide wonderful service as well. She has performed tummy tuck, BA and Lipo on me and I could not be happier with the results. She is one of a kind and i highly recommend her to everyone thinking of undergoing plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

This woman is AMAZING!! After considering a tummy tuck for over a decade, I had the courage to go and see a plastic surgeon. Dr. Macadam exceeded every single one of my expectations. The consultation was thorough and not rushed. Dr. Macadam not only provided excellent care in her office and during surgery, she made herself accessible day and night during the recovery process. She is truly a perfectionist and Dr. Macadam transformed my life. I had about 7 lbs of skin removed and my results are truly miracle. If you are considering an type of plastic surgery you must book with Dr. Macadam. Upon meeting her you will quickly notice how genuine she is. The office staff is wonderful too, very attentive, helpful and professional. I can't rave enough about her!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery