Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

Dr. Macadam has made me whole again and I appreciate her and her friendly staff that have helped me!

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I live in Vancouver, BC. Had my initial consultation in November 2016, then arranged my schedule and booked surgery for June 2017. The procedures I had done were abdominoplasty (tummy tuck), mastopexy (breast lift), liposuction and fat grafting. I choose Dr. Macadam, first after reading reviews, navigating all the information on her website, and having the consultation, I felt confident and very comfortable with choosing her. She was very knowledgeable and answered all the questions I had, and had a wonderful caring demeanor. My overall experience was exceptional. All information leading up to the surgery was very clear, the procedure was complete as planned, and I'm 100% satisfied with my results so far. During the healing process, I feel well looked after and in great hands with Dr. Macadam.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Sheina Macadam by a friend who's girlfriend had her breasts done and was very happy. I am 36 and wished I hadn't waited. Dr. Macadam performed a Bilateral Vertical Mastopexy + Breast Augmentation on me and the results have exceeded my expectations!! It has been just over 8 weeks since the surgery and I couldn't happier. From my first meeting with Dr. Macadam, the administrative girls right down to the day of and the amazing nursing at ACS, the whole experience was comfortable and easy. She is an amazing surgeon, attentive and caring and I would recommend and have recommended her to anyone wanting to have their breasts done. Thank you Dr. Macadams, I am amazed everyday with how natural and youthful my breast are!!! You have given me my confidence back and I am truly grateful for that and for the experience.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2017

It is my wife who is Dr. Macadam's patient, but I attend almost every appointment. My wife had a bilateral mastectomy with implant reconstruction with Dr. Macadam as part of her breast cancer treatment. Not only is Dr. Macadam a very skilled surgeon, but she is a very kind and compassionate lady. I go into the examination room with my wife and once my wife's concerns are met, Dr. Macadam makes sure any of my concerns are also addressed. We never left Dr Macadam's office without every question being answered in language we could both understand. We have been very impressed that appointments always run on time, which was really important since we live in Langley and have a one hour drive to get to her office. Outstanding kind and compassionate staff support Dr. Macadam. Communication with Dr. Macadam and her office has been easy, accurate and thorough. Reports to other medical practitioners in my wife's cancer treatment team have been punctual and thorough. I am sitting here trying to think of something that Dr. Macadam and her office could have done better so that my comments would appear "balanced", but I can't think of a single thing that I wish had been different.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I chose Dr. Macadam because of the ratings. After my consultation with her, I was put at ease and new I chose wisely. She is very caring and has an attention to detail.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

I just had my BA done with Dr. Macadam. She is a woman who understands what women want. Her kindness and transparency are rare qualities that I was not expecting to find in my surgeon. My results are exactly what I asked for. If you are looking for the best in Vancouver it's her.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

I had my BA done with Dr Macadam just a bit over 7 weeks ago. After doing some research for the best plastic surgeons in Vancouver, also with a friend that had hers' done with Dr Macadam I decided I would book a consultation with her. Even one of my aunts who has had breast cancer in the past said Dr Macadam is one of the best! The consultation went well and I felt at ease with her, I did do a follow up consultation just to confirm sizing and where I would want the incision. Initially, I was pretty adamant about going with the inframammary incision as opposed to the periareolar but after Dr Macadam educated me with her previous experience that with Asian patients we tend to scar darker so periareolar might be the better way for me. She showed me some photos and I ultimately made the decision with going periareolar. Went into the surgery feeling very comfortable and of course excited. After 5 days I was able to be out and about but of course with some caution. I only took two weeks off work for surgery and I was back on the dot of two weeks! I am very pleased with the results, I'm still waiting for them to drop and fluff a bit more but even as of right now they look very natural! If I didn't tell anyone I could probably get away with them being real! I have very little to no scarring! I'd also like to mention her staff are very pleasant as well!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I'm from Vancouver and recently had a BA done with Dr. Macadam in November. I chose her because she had excellent ratings but when I went for my consultation I knew right away I had made the right choice. She was extremely knowledgeable, sincere and transparent in risks and benefits associated with this procedure. She took her time during the consultation to answer all my questions and view pictures I had saved to show her the look I was trying to achieve. There was a moderate amount of pain for the first 3 days after surgery which was expected (I have a very low tolerance for pain to begin with). I am about 7 weeks post-op and extremely pleased with the results. If a natural look is your goal, Dr. Macadam is the absolute best. Almost as important as the surgery itself is the after care and recovery and Dr. Macadam did not disappoint. Both Dr. Macadam and her staff are truly amazing, I would offer the highest recommendation to her practice.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017

My experience with Dr. Macadam was extremely positive. She is an excellent surgeon who truly cares about her patients. I am very happy with my results and I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr Macadam and her staff are top notch. I never had to wait for any appointment and anytime I had questions via email I received timely response. All that said, my surgery was flawless, the surgical staff were so amazing and my results are perfect and only getting better....great experience glad I did it

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery