Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

Finding Dr. Macadam was a godsend for me. I had struggled for years with the embarrassment of my left breast being way larger than the other (I had a mastectomy and reconstruction on my right breast in 2000). I had gained quite a bit of weight and then lost it but my breast never reduced in size. Dr. Macadam was super warm and friendly and was very confident about what she could do for me.. She presented me with all my options and my surgery was booked quickly. The results are outstanding. Not only did she reduce my left breast but also did fat grafting on my right breast to improve the shape and size. This summer I can wear t-shirts and tank tops without having to cover up! I would recommend her to anyone looking for breast surgery, especially reconstruction. She is an amazing surgeon and worth every penny!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

After consulting other Plastic surgeon's in the lower mainland, I found Dr. Macadam to be a reassuring presence during a difficult time in my life after a breast cancer diagnosis. immediately upon meeting with Dr. Macadam I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Macadam has a committed and positive approach to her patients. She is a straight shooter and doesn't deliver any false hope or promises. Having undergone Dr. Macadam's first diep with implants I was reassured by her quest for perfection. Her high reputation within the medical community is abundantly clear after crossing paths with some staff members who hold her in very high esteem. She is an absolute GEM!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr Macadams performed a diep flap reconstruction along with my general surgeon during a bilateral mastectomy. Dr Macadams took her time during multiply appointments to put me at ease and explain all my options, her compassion and bed side mannerism is beyond anything I've heard, seen or experienced. From start to finish she is literal there holding your hand threw the process. Due to other consults prior to seeing Dr Macadams I had very low expectations of what my results would look like and ended up looking and feeling like I'm still a woman. I could not be more thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Macadam by my primary care physician after my breast cancer diagnosis. Dr. Macadam spent quite a bit of time with me during my first visit, explaining my options for surgery. I felt that she was knowledgable and down to earth and I felt comfortable with her, despite the reason for my visit. Her website states that she intends to maximize outcomes for her patients and I found this to be absolutely true. The results of my reconstruction after mastectomy are fantastic beyond belief. She is not only a skilled surgeon, but a talented artist as well. I'm so grateful that I was referred to Dr. Macadam and would urge anyone considering mastectomy with reconstruction to consult with her. I also very much appreciate the kindness and care of her office staff as well as her surgical resident involved in my case.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

When finally deciding to undergo breast augmentation my husband got a recommendation from a Dr friend to call Dr Lennox or Dr Warren's offices . We learned that Dr Macadam is also in this office so we looked at her website and just got a feeling that she would be the one . It took awhile to get the consult as we live in the BC interior and travel logistics was a concern but when the day of the consult arrived we were wowed with Dr Macadam and her staff . The knowledge and courtesy and professionalism was top notch . We schedualed the surgery for July 2015 and that day went very well also . Dr Macadam was available for the pre op markings and to answer any last questions . The surgery went very well and we also cannot say enough good things about the anesthetist and the private surgical facility . dr Macadam was available by cell phone for anything that may have arisen . The post op period and appointments went very well and I am thrilled with the final results . We honestly believe we have chosen the best Dr in the country for my breast augmentation , we feel so lucky we cannot believe it . She is a jewel in the profession and the city and we just love her .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

When deciding on my abdominoplasty I went for a couple of consults. Dr. Macadam was very open and honest about what to expect. She is very friendly and was willing to answer all of my questions. On the day of the surgery she knew that I was nervous and was very supportive and caring throughout the process. After the surgery she provided me with her cell number which I was able to contact her at anytime should I have any concerns or questions and she would get back to me right away. I had some complications and needed to go back into the office a couple of times for follow ups and she would always fit me in right away. I am very happy with the results and wish that I had done this sooner. I would highly recommend Dr. Macadam to anyone who is wanting to have a tummy tuck/lip done.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

Dr Macadam performed my Abdomnioplasty on April 16th. From the moment I met her, she was warm, down to earth, personable, honest, confident and punctual! She understands what the active Vancouver woman is seeking aesthetically. I had a few minor complications due to the nature of my belly button and a few other minor things but Dr Macadam did such an amazing job. She was always reassuring and made me feel calm and at ease. Dr Macadam stuck by me and saw me as often as she felt was needed to get the results I (we) wanted. I honestly feel so blessed to have had not only a great result but an amazing and talented Surgeon by my side. Her staff team is also excellent. They work very closely with Dr Macadam to provide exceptional care to her patients and go above and beyond in my opinion. Gooooo Dr Macadam!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

Dr. Macadam is a lovely, approachable, exceedingly capable surgeon of excellence. My whole experience with her has been a pleasure. She is an absolute perfectionist and always took the time to answer my questions and keep me informed as to the next steps and plan of action regarding my reconstructive surgery. I absolutely love her.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Macadam ' s work. She is dedicated to perfection, she's kind and has an incredibly down to earth manner. She cares about her patients and goes the extra mile. I was 110% satisfied with my full abdominoplasty, it has changed my life. Thank you Dr. Macadam.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• Harvard University
  • University of British Columbia
  • McGill University

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Finding Dr. Macadam was a godsend for me. I had struggled for years with the embarrassment of my left breast being way larger than the other (I had a mastectomy..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " After consulting other Plastic surgeon's in the lower mainland, I found Dr. Macadam to be a reassuring presence during a difficult time in my life after a br..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadams performed a diep flap reconstruction along with my general surgeon during a bilateral mastectomy. Dr Macadams took her time during multiply appoin..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Macadam by my primary care physician after my breast cancer diagnosis. Dr. Macadam spent quite a bit of time with me during my first visit..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When finally deciding to undergo breast augmentation my husband got a recommendation from a Dr friend to call Dr Lennox or Dr Warren's offices . We learned that..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When deciding on my abdominoplasty I went for a couple of consults. Dr. Macadam was very open and honest about what to expect. She is very friendly and was wi..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadam performed my Abdomnioplasty on April 16th. From the moment I met her, she was warm, down to earth, personable, honest, confident and punctual! She un..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Macadam is a lovely, approachable, exceedingly capable surgeon of excellence. My whole experience with her has been a pleasure. She is an absolute perfect..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Was very disappointed with her surgical skills. As well as not having the correct records about the implants I received. After having breast cancer, the reconst..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Macadam ' s work. She is dedicated to perfection, she's kind and has an incredibly down to earth manner. She cares about her p..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely love her! She put me at ease immediately, relaxed manner. She explained everything in a way that made it very easy to understand. "

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadam is very friendly, nice and caring. She is extremely knowledgeable and puts you at ease immediately."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 43 years old and wanted breast augmentation. I had seen another Dr. initially for a consultation who had recommended a lift with my augmentation. I had ..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At age 58 I found myself with disfigurement from breast cancer surgery and loose skin from a weight loss of over 40 pounds. Dr. Macadam undertook separate breas..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "To be in such capable hands is a true privilege. From the beginning to the end there is thoroughness, perfection, and not to forget kindness. Dr. MacAdam is ..."

December 6, 2014