Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I had left breast mastectomy and immediate reconstruction with Dr.Macadam November 2018. She did a two stage breast reconstruction for me as I need to go through radiation. I just had my final surgery 2 months ago to replaced the expander on my left breast with permanent implant and right breast augmentation to balanced up! All the time from my first meeting with Dr.Macadam in her office to my final surgery 2 months ago I felt really blessed to have her as my surgeon. She is very professional ,caring ,attentive and thoughtful surgeon. Her assistant Michelle is very positive and helpful in arranging all my appointments for me. I am very grateful to Dr.Macadam and her team and would highly recommend them.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2019

I had a breast reduction done by Dr. Macadam in July 2019. From the beginning of the process to the follow ups she always put me at ease explaining each step of the process including post op. When I had lots of concerns about the surgery she would spend the time going through each one of my questions and providing me with the information that I needed. Even when she was off on vacation and I had questions post surgery she responded back within 12 hours. She is caring, friendly and patient with me. Michelle was very helpful through out the process ensuring that appointments could be booked within my schedule. She would follow up quickly and is genuinely cares for how everyone is doing when they come in post surgery for follow up appointments. I would highly recommend Dr. Macadam and her team.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2019

I had 2 breast reconstruction surgeries done by Dr. Macadam- both with excellent outcomes: first implant surgery done 11 years ago, after a bilateral mastectomy; second surgery was done in July 2019- a bilateral DIEP. Dr. Macadam answered all my questions; she patiently walked me through the options and convinced me to go for replacement of implants with my own abdominal tissue; she accommodated me for a surgery date that suited me best; all in all I feel that I received the best care that I could possibly get. Dr. Macadam is professional, confident and strives for perfect results. She carefully tailored the surgical planning to my needs. Her exceptional care did not end with the successful DIEP surgery. I had scheduled post-op follow ups, but I was also able to see her when I needed and get the reassurance that my recovery was as expected. She was able to convince me to “slow down” when after surgery, feeling well, I started to do too much and was at risk for complications. The fact that she always had a “plan B” for any post-op complications made me feel better and effectively dealt with my anxiety. Dr. Macadam’s 10 hour DIEP surgery gave me the exceptional aesthetic result that I have now. The breast site and the abdominal site are healing well and I could definitely wear my 2-piece swimming suit. Her office coordinator- Michelle- was extremely helpful in arranging the surgery date, all my follow ups and messages for dr. Macadam. She is prompt with returning my calls and works with my job hours to book my appointments. I am very grateful to Dr. Macadam for the fact that I am able to feel good about the way I look!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2019

I am very thankful for Dr. Macadam. Her gentleness and confidence gave me the courage I needed to make the decision to have a bilateral mastectomy. It was thanks to her that my operation was finally scheduled after a wait that even she said was too long. The reconstruction was not able to take place until later, but Dr Macadam continued to be upbeat, positive and, again, confident. She has been pivotal in making what could have been a very terrible experience, bearable, good even.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2019

I have nothing but great things to say about Dr Macadam. I had surgery with her last year and I was recently in for a follow up. Everything looks great and my scars are much smaller than I ever thought they would be. I wanted some Botox to freshen up my face and I saw nurse Azin. She was very thorough with my consultation, she took several photos and was very gentle. I love the results, very natural and no bruises. A great addition to Dr Macdams team.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2019

After four kids, it took me years to get the nerve to do a mommy makeover. I had read great reviews about Dr. Macadam, especially re: her post op care. She surpassed my expectations and did an exceptional job! Not to mention my new belly button looks amazing and so natural. As well, her assistant, Michelle, is so helpful and friendly. Highly highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

Dr. MacAdam is the most caring and skilled surgeon words cannot describe the time and care she spent with me. I had a massive breast reduction and she surpassed my expectations. Michelle is WONDERFUL! Thank you Dr. MacAdam and Michelle.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2019

Dr. Macadam and Michelle are incredible! I had a single mastectomy and DIEP flap reconstruction for ductal carcinoma in situ. From my first consultation with Dr. Macadam, I knew I was in very good hands. She is so professional and very caring. She always took the time to answer all of my questions and made me feel safe and cared for. This kind of care is very hard to find these days. She is an amazing surgeon! Beyond all the 5 star ratings here, I found out that several people who I spoke with before my surgery also had her as their surgeon for either breast reconstruction or breast reduction and they raved about her too! I feel very blessed that I was referred to Dr. Macadam! Her patient coordinator, Michelle, is also wonderful! She is such a pleasant person to deal with and works so hard to make things smooth for all us patients! Can't say enough good things about my experience and if you are reading this because you are trying to choose a cosmetic surgeon, I can't imagine you would have a better experience anywhere else! Dr. Macadam is definitely worth waiting for.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2019

Dr Macadam and her team are truly exceptional. The level of care that I get when I go to their office is always high, even though she is such a busy surgeon. I’ve recently consulted and had treatment from nurse Azin which has also been a great experience. She is very thorough and the results from my Botox are exactly what I wanted, natural. I will be seeing her for more injections of filler in the fall. Highly recommend this team.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Amazing experience, professional, & knowledgeable. I highly recommend her

flag | Submitted July 20, 2019

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery