Dr. Sheina Macadam

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Macadam. When I booked my consultation with her back in June, I fully intended on exploring my options with other surgeons before committing. Dr. S listened to my concerns, gave me information on all aspects (good and bad) and went over every option she had available to me. She suggested what she thought would give me my preferred look and explained why. When I left the office, I said to my man "I'm done looking, lets book it!". I felt so comfortable and looked after in her capable hands. After booking the (BA) procedure, the office staff remained super helpful with the questions I had, they were always quick to get back to me when I emailed and even offered a follow up appointment to ease my mind prior to my surgery. Day of couldn't have gone better. The surgical center was immaculate and the nurses were super attentive. I met with both Dr. S, my aftercare nurse and the anesthesiologist prior to going in. Dr. Macadam was by my side to check on me 3 times after I got out of surgery. She provided her personal cell phone number in case I had more questions. My results are amazing, so natural looking and perfect for my body type. I am beyond thrilled! I would recommend this surgeon to anybody considering a BA, she is truly a perfectionist and incredibly skilled.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

Dr. Sheina Macadam is absolutely amazing and I'm SO happy I chose her as my surgeon. I had a breast augmentation done by her last month and the results are better than I ever could have hoped for. She's extremely professional, down to earth, and she put her full effort into helping understand what I wanted and helped me choose what was best for my body frame/size. You are in good hands with this wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Amazing surgeon and staff! I searched out for the best Breast Reconstruction Plastic Surgeon and am so happy I found Dr McAdams !

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr Macadam is an amazing , she is very professional, caring and knowledgeable lady. She has given me so much, having breast cancer and loosing my breasts was the hardest thing I have had to go through, but with her help my body feels complete again. Saying thank you does not cover what she means to me. I would recommend her to anyone who has to go down this path.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2017

Dr. Macadam is amazing! She made me whole again... I cannot be happier than this. She has done such an unbelievable job... she reconstructed my left breast ... and the result was beyond my expectations... she is talented, professional, kind and very committed. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Mcadams is an extremely talented plastic surgeon. I did a lot of research and based on her education and clinical ability and then I made an appointment to see Dr. Mcadams for a consultation. I am 39 years old turning 40 soon and have two children both with complicated C-sections. I relied completely on Dr. Mcadams recommendations for the Abdominoplasty and lipo- suction. During my initial consultation, Dr. Mcadmans reviewed both the Abdominoplasty and lipo- suction procedures with me carefully. The post-operative part of the procedure went smoothly. Anyone preparing for this surgery should really consider not doing any physical activity over the weeks following surgery. The more active a person is the longer the drains will stay in and it will take much longer to heal. I would strongly recommend just taking it easy over the recommended time just to be on the safe side. The best part of this procedure was that Dr. Mcadams made me look and feel so beautiful again! The improvements look natural so people just think that I lost weight but don't know what was done. Dr. Mcadams was a true professional through out all my interactions. She even provided her cell phone number and reassured me that I could call at any time if I had any concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Mcadams.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

Dr. Mcadams is an extremely talented plastic surgeon. I did a lot of research and based on her education and clinical ability, I made an appointment to see Dr. Mcadams for a consultation. I am 39 years old turning 40 soon and have two children both with complicated C-sections. I relied completely on Dr. Mcadams recommendations for the Abdominoplasty and lipo- suction. During my initial consultation, Dr. Mcadmans reviewed both the Abdominoplasty and lipo- suction procedures with me carefully. The post-operative part of the procedure went smoothly. Anyone preparing for this surgery should really consider not doing any physical activity over the next few weeks following surgery. The more active a person is the longer the drains will stay in and it will take much longer to heal. I would strongly recommend just taking it easy over the recommend time just to be on the safe side. The best part of this procedure was that Dr. Mcadams made me look and feel so beautiful again! The improvements look natural so people just think that I lost weight but don't know what was done. Dr. Mcadams was a true professional through out all my interactions. She even provided her cell phone number and reassured me that I could call at any time if I had any concerns. I would highly recommend Dr. Mcadams.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Macadam had been amazing throughout my journey through breast cancer in rehabilitating my breasts. I was able to seen very quickly for a consultation before my scheduled mastectomy. Dr. Macadam is very knowledgeable and considers the various complexities involved with balancing and maximizing esthetic results with my cancer treatment. Very thorough explanations, you can tell she is very smart as a doctor. She truly listens to you, doesn't rush and addresses all your concerns - very caring, thorough and responsible doctor. I really like her personality, probably one of the best I've come across so far and I've been seeing a lot of different doctors. I was very fortunate to have the best surgical team work on me, Dr. Macadam and Dr. McFadden (surgical oncology). I can tell that Dr. Macadam is very skillful and has great hands from the suturing on my skin that has healed beautifully. She is a perfectionist and it shows in her work and she genuinely wants to do her utmost to achieve the best possible outcome with your situation. She is truly the best plastic surgeon in Vancouver.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

She is the best! I am originally from Mexico where plastic surgery is very common and inexpensive, however, when I did my research to consider having it done in Canada I had a good feeling about Dr. Macadam and I was right! I have to say that I was a bit scared in the very beginning because I had never undergone any kind of surgery, also because of all the horror stories I have heard from plastic surgery in my home country but then something very important happened. The day of my surgery (June 9th) I developed a bad cold, I attended the surgical centre but Dr. Macadam did not perfom the operation. She said SHE WANTED IT TO BE PERFECT and that because some bad coughing I had that morning, it was best to wait! That moment all my fears went away because I knew I was safe with her, that she really knows what she is doing, and that she cares for her patients not just for the money! I had my liposuction and abdominoplasty done a month later on July 7th and even though I am still under recovery I am delighted with the results. She is a pro! I have recommended her to all my friends and if I ever have another plastic surgery she will be the one doing so. If you are looking for a surgeon and reading these reviews, you have definitely found the right person.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Macadam is amazing! I had breast augmentation surgery done and I am extremely happy with the results. After having two kids my breasts were drooping and had decreased in size. After my surgery with Dr Macadam I feel much more comfortable in my skin... and my breasts are full again! She knew exactly what size I was looking for through conversation and I am beyond happy with the results. She was very knowledgeable and skilled, which eased my anxiety throughout the entire process. Thank you Dr Macadam!!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery