Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

This woman is AMAZING!! After considering a tummy tuck for over a decade, I had the courage to go and see a plastic surgeon. Dr. Macadam exceeded every single one of my expectations. The consultation was thorough and not rushed. Dr. Macadam not only provided excellent care in her office and during surgery, she made herself accessible day and night during the recovery process. She is truly a perfectionist and Dr. Macadam transformed my life. I had about 7 lbs of skin removed and my results are truly miracle. If you are considering an type of plastic surgery you must book with Dr. Macadam. Upon meeting her you will quickly notice how genuine she is. The office staff is wonderful too, very attentive, helpful and professional. I can't rave enough about her!!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Sheina by far worked her magic. I was blow away with the results form my reconstruction. She was empathetic and reassuring throughout the entire process. She offered suggestions to get the best possible outcome. She is professional and personable. Her office is friendly and punctual and she has exceeded any and all expectations. I highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

Dr.Macadam is second to none!!! THE BEST! I cannot say enough about Dr. Sheina Macadam, READ THIS IF YOU WANT PERFECTION! The first thing I'll say in case you don't read the whole post is scroll through these ratings, all dr, no matter how good they are ranked will have a few bad reviews somewhere down the line, Dr. Macadam does not have a single bad review, not one! I had a breast lift and augmentation with her one week ago, and my result is already absolute perfection! I needed a full anchor lift due to significant weight loss which left my breasts very saggy and deflated with large oval areolas. I chose to include augmentation because I desired fuller upper pole volume, and enlargement, I also had one breast larger than the other. Im also an absolute control freak, perfectionist, surgeons nightmare, and I emailed Dr.Macadam multiple times daily, with questions, ideas, changing my mind on sizing every other day, and she would phone me personally and talk with me for an hour and clarify and answer all my questions. She is honest, kind, incredibly warm and personable, understanding, and truly passionate. She was able to show me likely outcomes, and ensure my expectations were realistic, however my results are SO MUCH BETTER than I ever hoped for!!! She always had priorities and never compromised the quality and success of the surgery, despite my constant inquiries of "going bigger", she assured me she would give me the absolute best that my type of surgery and body would allow, and she absolutely did just that! If you are reading this you are in search of the absolute best surgeon to entrust your body to, no matter how long the wait is, choose Dr.Macadam and you will not have any regrets!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I had wanted breast implants since I was a teenager. My breasts were always my biggest insecurity because of how small they were (34A on the left and 34AA on the right with a slight tuberous deformity). It took me a long time to finally decide that augmentation was right for me because the cost seemed unattainable and I wanted to make sure I was getting the procedure for the right reasons (for myself). I started looking around the Internet and booking consultations with well-reviewed surgeons in my area when I came across Dr. Sheina Macadam. From beginning to end Dr. Macadam was a dream. Her receptionists were warm, welcoming and efficient during every visit. I trusted Dr. Macadam almost immediately. She explained all of my options thoroughly and made me feel very comfortable. She didn't push any extra procedures on me either so it felt like a doctors office, not a business. I have slightly different nipple sizes, but she felt it didn't need to be corrected. I had 380CC put in my left breast and 450CC in my right breast, through the nipple and under the muscle. The surgery was a breeze. I literally didn't need to take any pain medication at home post op. I hardly had any bruising at all even though she told me it was a bit of a struggle getting the 450 in to such a small incision, amazing! Dr. Macadam gave me her personal number to call/text anytime if I had any questions/concerns which proved to be quite useful to me when I would forget to ask a question during a check up. She answered my text within 15 minutes every time. Six months later I am beyond thrilled with the result! The incision under my nipple is practically invisible and my breasts are perfectly proportionate to my body (I now have about a 34D) and they look quite natural. I would recommend Dr. Macadam a million times over, she's an absolute gem!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Absolutely the best. It took a while (8 months) to get in to see her, but it's totally worth the wait. I was told that she was the person to talk to after a failed breast reconstruction after my mastectomy. I was told that because I had radiation, I was no longer a candidate for reconstruction. Dr Macadam did a thorough examination, sent me for a ton of tests and then explained all of the risks in detail and all of the possible outcomes. I had my surgery in f 2015 at UBC hospital. It was a long surgery and I was hospitalized over the long weekend. She came every day over the long weekend to check on my progress and make sure that everything was going well. I can not say enough about how wonderful she is. As I said before, it's a long wait to get in to see her, but absolutely worthwhile and I would do it again, if she was my surgeon.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

Finding Dr. Macadam was a godsend for me. I had struggled for years with the embarrassment of my left breast being way larger than the other (I had a mastectomy and reconstruction on my right breast in 2000). I had gained quite a bit of weight and then lost it but my breast never reduced in size. Dr. Macadam was super warm and friendly and was very confident about what she could do for me.. She presented me with all my options and my surgery was booked quickly. The results are outstanding. Not only did she reduce my left breast but also did fat grafting on my right breast to improve the shape and size. This summer I can wear t-shirts and tank tops without having to cover up! I would recommend her to anyone looking for breast surgery, especially reconstruction. She is an amazing surgeon and worth every penny!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

After consulting other Plastic surgeon's in the lower mainland, I found Dr. Macadam to be a reassuring presence during a difficult time in my life after a breast cancer diagnosis. immediately upon meeting with Dr. Macadam I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Macadam has a committed and positive approach to her patients. She is a straight shooter and doesn't deliver any false hope or promises. Having undergone Dr. Macadam's first diep with implants I was reassured by her quest for perfection. Her high reputation within the medical community is abundantly clear after crossing paths with some staff members who hold her in very high esteem. She is an absolute GEM!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Dr Macadams performed a diep flap reconstruction along with my general surgeon during a bilateral mastectomy. Dr Macadams took her time during multiply appointments to put me at ease and explain all my options, her compassion and bed side mannerism is beyond anything I've heard, seen or experienced. From start to finish she is literal there holding your hand threw the process. Due to other consults prior to seeing Dr Macadams I had very low expectations of what my results would look like and ended up looking and feeling like I'm still a woman. I could not be more thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Macadam by my primary care physician after my breast cancer diagnosis. Dr. Macadam spent quite a bit of time with me during my first visit, explaining my options for surgery. I felt that she was knowledgable and down to earth and I felt comfortable with her, despite the reason for my visit. Her website states that she intends to maximize outcomes for her patients and I found this to be absolutely true. The results of my reconstruction after mastectomy are fantastic beyond belief. She is not only a skilled surgeon, but a talented artist as well. I'm so grateful that I was referred to Dr. Macadam and would urge anyone considering mastectomy with reconstruction to consult with her. I also very much appreciate the kindness and care of her office staff as well as her surgical resident involved in my case.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

When finally deciding to undergo breast augmentation my husband got a recommendation from a Dr friend to call Dr Lennox or Dr Warren's offices . We learned that Dr Macadam is also in this office so we looked at her website and just got a feeling that she would be the one . It took awhile to get the consult as we live in the BC interior and travel logistics was a concern but when the day of the consult arrived we were wowed with Dr Macadam and her staff . The knowledge and courtesy and professionalism was top notch . We schedualed the surgery for July 2015 and that day went very well also . Dr Macadam was available for the pre op markings and to answer any last questions . The surgery went very well and we also cannot say enough good things about the anesthetist and the private surgical facility . dr Macadam was available by cell phone for anything that may have arisen . The post op period and appointments went very well and I am thrilled with the final results . We honestly believe we have chosen the best Dr in the country for my breast augmentation , we feel so lucky we cannot believe it . She is a jewel in the profession and the city and we just love her .

flag | Submitted December 14, 2015

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This woman is AMAZING!! After considering a tummy tuck for over a decade, I had the courage to go and see a plastic surgeon. Dr. Macadam exceeded every single o..."

May 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Sheina by far worked her magic. I was blow away with the results form my reconstruction. She was empathetic and reassuring throughout the entire process. She o..."

April 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Macadam is second to none!!! THE BEST! I cannot say enough about Dr. Sheina Macadam, READ THIS IF YOU WANT PERFECTION! The first thing I'll say in case you d..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had wanted breast implants since I was a teenager. My breasts were always my biggest insecurity because of how small they were (34A on the left and 34AA on th..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely the best. It took a while (8 months) to get in to see her, but it's totally worth the wait. I was told that she was the person to talk to after a f..."

March 6, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Finding Dr. Macadam was a godsend for me. I had struggled for years with the embarrassment of my left breast being way larger than the other (I had a mastectomy..."

February 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " After consulting other Plastic surgeon's in the lower mainland, I found Dr. Macadam to be a reassuring presence during a difficult time in my life after a br..."

January 20, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadams performed a diep flap reconstruction along with my general surgeon during a bilateral mastectomy. Dr Macadams took her time during multiply appoin..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Macadam by my primary care physician after my breast cancer diagnosis. Dr. Macadam spent quite a bit of time with me during my first visit..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When finally deciding to undergo breast augmentation my husband got a recommendation from a Dr friend to call Dr Lennox or Dr Warren's offices . We learned that..."

December 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "When deciding on my abdominoplasty I went for a couple of consults. Dr. Macadam was very open and honest about what to expect. She is very friendly and was wi..."

November 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadam performed my Abdomnioplasty on April 16th. From the moment I met her, she was warm, down to earth, personable, honest, confident and punctual! She un..."

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Macadam is a lovely, approachable, exceedingly capable surgeon of excellence. My whole experience with her has been a pleasure. She is an absolute perfect..."

June 12, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Was very disappointed with her surgical skills. As well as not having the correct records about the implants I received. After having breast cancer, the reconst..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I whole heartedly recommend Dr. Macadam ' s work. She is dedicated to perfection, she's kind and has an incredibly down to earth manner. She cares about her p..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely love her! She put me at ease immediately, relaxed manner. She explained everything in a way that made it very easy to understand. "

April 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Macadam is very friendly, nice and caring. She is extremely knowledgeable and puts you at ease immediately."

March 30, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 43 years old and wanted breast augmentation. I had seen another Dr. initially for a consultation who had recommended a lift with my augmentation. I had ..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "At age 58 I found myself with disfigurement from breast cancer surgery and loose skin from a weight loss of over 40 pounds. Dr. Macadam undertook separate breas..."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "To be in such capable hands is a true privilege. From the beginning to the end there is thoroughness, perfection, and not to forget kindness. Dr. MacAdam is ..."

December 6, 2014