Dr. Sheina Macadam

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sheina Macadam

I was sent to Sheina by my oncology surgeon in 2010 and have been very happy with her. I had a double mastectomy with a latissimus flap and had implants in 2010 and in 2013 one of the implants had to be replaced. I was diagnosed with a third cancer at the beginning of this year so we made the decision to do a DIEP. I have been very happy with the outcome of all my surgeries that Dr. Macadam performed. We live in the Okanagan and I feel strongly about the professionalism and knowledge that Sheina and her team have, they were my best chance for a positive outcome and worth making the decision to travel to Vancouver.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

Amazing Doctor and skilled artist. I have recommended her and will continue to . She sets realistic expectations and always exceeds them. Simply the best. Her staff is so friendly and they take time with every patient.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

It is with great joy and gratitude that I write a review for Dr. Macadam. I was diagnosed with breast cancer in June 2017 and finished chemo in late September. Shortly after that I had a bilateral mastectomy with Dr. McNeil and reconstruction using tissue expanders with Dr.Macadam - both amazing surgeons. In the follow up appointments, I was very clear that I did not want breasts that were too big for me - I had very small breasts to begin with. In the Spring 2018, Dr.Macadam did the second part of the reconstruction and I am so happy with my new breasts!! She spent so much time creating breasts that are a nice B-cup along with making new nipples that look like they are the originals!! Dr. Macadam is a very talented surgeon that is filled with compassion and genuine kindness. She always answered my many questions and brought a sense of humour to each appointment. I always knew I was in good hands with her and I am abundantly grateful for everything she has done for me. Going through breast cancer has been a challenging experience, meeting Dr.Macadam and her wonderful staff have been part of the silver lining along the way - I would highly recommend her to anyone. Thank you so much Dr. Macadam!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I was diagnosed with IDC in December 2016. In 2017, I had a double mastectomy with immediate reconstruction (implants) followed by chemotherapy and radiation. I had complications with my left breast so Dr. Macadam removed the implant and replaced it with a tissue-expander. In April 2018, I had DIEP surgery (left side) with Dr. Macadam. The result has truly surpassed any expectations that I had. Dr. Macadam was careful to create a breast that matches in shape and volume to my right breast (implant). I am so grateful for her expertise. When I returned home form the hospital after the DIEP, she even had me e-mail her daily photos of the reconstruction so she could monitor it. Dr. Macadam's level of care is remarkable. I can not say enough about her professionalism and knowledge, as well as her kindness. Going through a cancer diagnosis is scary and I am so grateful she was by my side the whole way.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I had a breast augmentation done with Dr MacAdam and she was amazing. Very professional and thorough at ensuring I would get the exact result I was hoping for! She always made me feel comfortable and cared for and is always available pre and post op for any questions I have! I would highly recommend

flag | Submitted May 28, 2018

I was referred to Dr. Macadam last spring to correct my tuberous breast deformity, something which had been a source of embarrassment and depression for me since I was 13 years old. At 19, I underwent a mini mastopexy and augmentation. From the first consult to the recovery period, Dr. Macadam was knowledgeable and honest, and her staff were very helpful. The surgery and recovery both went great and I'm over the moon with the results. I could not be more grateful to Dr. Macadam and her team for helping me to finally feel comfortable and at peace with my body. Thank you so much Dr. Macadam!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

I am from a rural community in northern BC and was referred to Dr. Macadam after having had a partial mastectomy, chemotherapy, and radiation. I had a double mastectomy after learning I was BRAC 2 positive. I had the latissimus dorsi flap reconstruction surgery at the same time as the double mastectomy. Dr. Macadam was a comfort to me as I trusted her judgement and respected her professionalism. I could ask questions and have them answered to my satisfaction. We had visits prior to the surgery for her to evaluate the best surgery for me. I appreciated her realistic approach as well as her optimism. Post-surgery, I had some concerns about healing, but as I live far from the Lower Mainland, I was able to take pictures of my incisions and text them to her. She replied the same day with suggestions and recommendations for me and I have healed perfectly fine with no complications. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery. She was able to preserve my nipple on my breast that had cancer, which I did not think was possible. I feel like I could be a poster girl for her as my results are better than I could ever have expected. I am no longer self conscious of my appearance in everyday clothes and also in my bathing suites on vacation. I am thankful to have had the quality experience I had with Dr. Macadam and I appreciate her desire for perfection.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2018

I had an amazing experience with Dr. Macadam - she set me at ease, answered all my questions in my initial consult and made me feel super comfortable. The day of surgery was so much easier than I anticipated because of the great surgical staff, a visit from the anesthetist and another visit with Dr. M preop to review and to answer any last questions. Postoperatively she was available for any concerns, super patient and kind and always up beat and positive. I don’t think I would have had the same positive experience if I had chosen a different doctor. I get the feeling Dr M genuinely cares and wants the best possible outcome and result. She is realistic about expectations and healing times, and very personable. I felt very well taken care of every step of the way. I’m very happy to have been under her care for this experience!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

I have been very happy with Dr. Macadam since I first met her. I was initially referred to a different surgeon but did not feel comfortable with their bedside manner. With the help of my sister, we found Dr. Macadam and I have been so happy with the results. I was diagnosed in December 2015 and after two partial mastectomies, it was recommended to have a full mastectomy post Chemo and radiation. I chose to have a double mastectomy and DIEP reconstruction in October 2016 under Sheina's care. She has always been open to any questions and I never felt rushed at any appointment. Following my surgery, she was very responsive when I had concerns about my incisions. It resulted in a partial debridement but even with these complications, I have undergone subsequent revision surgery and am so pleased with the end results. I have and will continue to recommend her to anyone requiring similar or elective surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2018

Sheina has been looking after me with my double mastectomy and reconstruction post IDC Cancer diagnosis in 2015. Her professionalism, bedside manner and knowledge are top notch. I have felt safe, well looked after and comfortable with every decision she has helped me to make. With my 3rd and hopefully final surgery, Sheina was able to address some’rippling’ and worked hard with MSP to get it covered. She has exceeded any expectation I had of what I would look like. I am throughly grateful for Surgeons like Sheina who are dedicated and passionate about the details and the patients. Her support staff always remember me ask how I’m doing and feeling. Overall they made a scary and stressful time really pleasent.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Dr. Sheina Macadam's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Macadam is a clinical associate professor within the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of British Columbia. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree from McGill University, a Medical Doctorate degree from the University of British Columbia and a Masters of Science from the Harvard School of Public Health. She is active in both clinical and research-oriented work within the Division of Plastic Surgery and her practices is focused primarily on breast surgery (reconstruction and aesthetic).

• English

• McGill University
  • University of British Columbia
  • Harvard University

• Breast reconstruction with flap surgery
  • Breast reconstruction with breast implants
  • Breast reduction surgery