Ratings for Dr. Theresa Y. Acquaah

She tried to kill my son! When she broke my water the cord prolapsed (came out). She just shoved it back in when that should have resulted in an immediate c-section. Over the next few hours my son's heart rate would just drop so the nurse would have me change positions. Come to find out the cord was around his neck. He came out blue and not breathing and she wanted my husband to cut the cord instead of realizing that our son was dying. I also tore during labor and she refused to sew me back up. It took me 2 years to resolve the issues my labor with her caused.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

My appointment with Dr. Acquaah shook me up. She did not use rubber gloves when examining me. She had long fingernails and I immediately felt how sharp they were. She was hurting me and I told her so, and she said this was normal. I've been to other gynecologists and I know it is not normal. She ended up cutting me with her fingernails which was painful and unsettling, and she again told me there was nothing amiss about it. After she left the room I cried, and I couldn't go back to a gyno for a long time.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Had my first GYN visit with her just this week. I felt more at ease with her assistant..she was more outgoing and talkative. Dr. Acquaah was very quiet and could've been more helpful to made me feel more at ease throughout, especially since I just met her for the first time. I also found it odd that she didn't ask if I had "any other" questions before she left the room, after exam.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2014

I have been very unsatisfied with Dr. Acquaah each time I saw her. After waiting for up to a half hour in the exam room she spent less than 5 minutes with me. I was unable to ask any of the questions I had or discuss anything with her as she was rushing out the door. I will not be returning to her!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

Best dr, always wanted her to deliver my baby and with my luck she was working. Great bedside manner, considerate, easy to talk to....absolutely love her!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I thought she was a wonderful doctor. Dr. Acquaah made me feel comfortable with exams, checkups, & surgery. I would absolutely recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2013

Very rude, gives 2 minute check ups, doesn't even say hi, how are you. Acts like her patients are a bother I hated her

flag | Submitted May 22, 2013

Better communication skills would be appreciated.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

wonderful doctor, awesome bedside manner. She would call to check up on me if she hadn't heard from me for a while. Beautiful personality. My husband and i loved her!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Theresa Y. Acquaah's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Hospitals in Gettysburg, PA