Ratings for Dr. Howard A. Lane

Dr. Lane and his staff are excellent. Visited both the Wantagh and Massapequa Office and the experience is great. Just had cataract surgery and the preparation and results were excellent. Recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2018

This was my first visit to South Shore Eye Care. I had been to other eye doctors and always left feeling a little unsure. Dr. Lane listened and explain in very clear language. His staff was very helpful, warm and professional. I will definitely being staying with Dr. Lane

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Dr. Lane is a doll and I would highly recommend him to anyone. But be prepared, you're going to have to deal with the rude and nasty front staff to get to him. And don't try to call and leave a message for the doctor...they are impossible to deal with. If Dr. Lane wasn't so wonderful I would definitely change practices.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

I've been seeing Dr.Lane for at least 5 years, he has done cataract surgery and now laser treatment. All I can say is he was wonderful and I am amazed how I can see without glasses. He was kind, considerate and compassionate . The staff was friendly and helpful, Would recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

I had cateract surgery last Friday with Dr. Lane. it was a very thick cateract, and he had to really work at it. My vision is remarkably improved now. I would recommend Dr. Lane without any qualifications. he's really terrific, smart, personable, patient, the best Paul Leavin, Merrick NY

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Just had cataract surgery on Wednesday - right before the storm. Everything went very well - I highly recommend Dr Lane and the staff in the Wantagh office.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Lane and the staff at South Shore Eye Care were excellent! They got me thru the entire cataract surgery process in a very professional and comforting manner. I highly recommend Dr. Lane and his staff!

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

Dr. Lane did laser and cataract surgery. He is a wonderful Doctor. Very thorough with a great bedside. The whole experience (including the staff in Wantagh and Garden City Surgical Center) was excellent.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

I Have been going to South Shore Eye Care for well over 5 years now and I absolutely love the place. I have dealt with 3 of the Dr's there but finally settled in on Dr. Lane. They are all good but he in my opinion is the icing on the cake. He has done nothing but help me out and now sees my wife, father, and uncle. The past year I have experienced a very aggressive eye infection that he has cared for and fortunately cured. He told me from day one it was going to be a lengthy road to curing it so I knew what to expect. I was seeing him weekly because he wanted to make sure it was healing and not getting worse, he was very concerned about preventive care on top of curing it. During the process I had two set backs that required emergency visits in which he was able to see me on 1 hour notice and the second on literally 15min notice. I cannot say enough about him or the staff. Dr. lane makes the office in my opinion. The office including the Dr. even spent time to help me find alternative meds that were covered by my insurance to save me money and were able to get me discount cards for medication that was not covered.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Dr. Lane performed Laser Cataract Surgery in both of my eyes and I am extremely satisfied with the results and the procedure. He was attentive and informative throughout. The office staff were very helpful and efficient as well as pleasant. I can highly recommend Dr. Howard A. Lane and South Shore Eye Care!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Howard A. Lane's Credentials

• Tel Aviv Univ, Sackler Fac Of Med, Tel Aviv, Israel (Grad. 1992)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal