Dr. James Chen

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James Chen

This is 1st time I write a review on a doctor but I am so happy with Dr.James Chen and Ashbury Clinic that I feel I need to inform other people what a wonderful team they are. I am in my early 50s and my friends used to ask me why I look so tired or whether I was sick. I tried not looking in the mirror too much but I started to noticed my turkey neck and my jowls in some close up photos . My upper eyelids looks heavy and wrinkles are getting more prominent with years of sun damage. I was getting tired of botox treatment that doesn't last and not giving me the result that I want . So when one of my friend told me of the fantastic result she had with Dr.Chen , I decided to have something more permanently done. Dr.Chen performed a Mini-facelift and necklift to get rid of my jowling and turkey neck. At the same time I also had upper blepharoplasty done for my droopy eyelids and Erbium Laser resurfacing for the wrinkles around my mouth and eyes area. This is 2 months after surgery and I can hardly find the incision as they are so well hidden behind the ear. Dr.Chen attention to detail is impeccable. My best friend thinks I look 10 years younger . My work mates commented that I looked so refreshed and they didn't even realise I had surgery done as the result look so natural . I am so happy with the result that I came back to have permanent filler Aquamid into my lips so that I don't need to keep getting those normal fillers every 6 months. Also special thanks to Ashbury clinic nurses Maureen and Nicole who had been so caring and reassuring to a nervous freak like me . Jean the practise manager was also super nice and professional. The bonus thing is that these treatment that I had are permanent and will last me for years and hopefully I can be in the workforce for another 15 years.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I had varicose veins treated by Dr. Chen, and I would not recommend anyone else go through this clinic. The vein was not treated properly after spending over $2000 on procedures, and I have only after 3 years had to have treatment again (through a different doctor). I knew that there was the risk of the veins reoccurring however, my recent doctor advised that it is because of poor initial treatment that I am experiencing current issues. For people looking to get varicose veins treated, please go through a doctor who uses ultra sound guided surgery and who ensures follow up appointments for the following year.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Dr. James Chen

Dr. James Chen's response
I am sorry to hear that you are not entirely satisfied with your varicose vein treatment done 3 years ago . We would appreciate it if you could have inform us then as we are more than happy to retreat any stubborn veins for you. As you know , we do not charge for consultation and reviews as it is covered by Medicare. Please understand that we can treat your current varicose vein with a good success rate but unfortunately we cannot prevent new varicose veins formation in the future especially if it is hereditary. Therefore we do encourage our patients to come back for a yearly check up which is covered by medicare. We do hope that you can come for a review as we would like you to be one of our 15,000 patients who had successful vein and laser treatments over the last 20 years .

Submitted September 10, 2018

I had 5 areas of liposuction done with Dr Chen and the results are amazing. I work for a plastic surgeon but chose to pay and go with Dr Chen because I had heard of his incredible results. He is a perfectionist and his before and aftercare is fantastic. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking liposuction.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I had chin, neck, and jowl liposuction and I couldn’t be happier with my results. Dr Chen was very thorough during my consultations to ensure he had a complete understanding of my desired goal, he explained to me realistic expectations and a deep understanding of the procedure. Unlike other Doctors I went to, he had many beforenand after photos of previous patients which I found extremely valuable. I’m obsessed with my new jawline and finally feel comfortable with my face! Can’t thank Dr Chen and the amazing staff and nurses at Ashbury Windsor enough!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

I had 5 1/2 areas of lipo done. From the beginning the staff were helpful and friendly. Dr Chen was also friendly, informative and easy to talk to. My procedure went really well and at only 4 days post op I’m already happy with the results. Thank you so much!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

Had an otoplasty surgery performed by Dr.Chen at the Windsor clinic. He was informative and patient through out the whole process. Its still early days post surgery but could not be happier with the results. Thank you Dr.Chen.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2018

Had chin and thighs laser lipo and after just a few days I can already see amazing results! Results are actually so good and visible that it makes me want to have more work done. Dr Chen is the nicest surgeon I’ve met, and his nurse at Windsor is also fantastic. The only tiny thing is that Dr Chen tends to run late with his appointments, but other than that I’m very happy with the overall experience and would definitely recommend!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

THANK YOU DR CHEN and your Amazing Staff... I can not say enough about how happy I am with my results from Dr.Chen. My procedure was 5 area lipo and from the start I knew Dr Chen was my PS. I had several different consultations with various other surgeon's in area and Dr Chen stood out above and beyond the rest. I would recommend him and will be going back for my next procedure as I would not be able to trust anyone else. Dr Chen knows what he is doing and was always helpful and patient with even some of my silliest questions. One of the things that impressed me most was at one time during our consultations I was ready to go crazy spending money to "fix" areas and Dr Chen pulled me in saying I didn't need to do that... So that show's he truly has his patients best interest's at heart and isn't one of those surgeons that is out to get your money. The actual surgery was easy and my down time extremely minimal I was up and around the next day. Do your self a favor and defiantly go in to see Dr Chen for any and all cosmetic procedures.... You will Not be disappointed... PS he did tell a lie... He said he would do what he could for my problem areas but I had to be realistic... Well Ive Never Looked So good even in my 20's!!!! Thank you Dr Chen for helping me and giving me more confidence then I have ever had!!!

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I had been embarassed by my man's breast since I was in my late teens . It got worse as I am getting older and I tend to wear loose clothes to hide them . Beach outing is a big no no! I had always wanted something done but living in a small town in New Zealand means finding a good surgeon is difficult. Then I heard from a close relative living in Brisbane about the good work of Dr.Chen . I finally decided to get my gynaecomastia fixed . Dr. Chen and the Ashbury staff are very helpful and nothing was too difficult for them . Dr.Chen performed both Liposuction to remove the excess fat and also remove the glands behind the nipple during the procedure . I am glad I had the procedure done under twillight sedation and local anaesthetic as I did not had any pain or nausea after the surgery . I was back to my farm work in 1 week . The healing was fantastic . No scar is visible . Thanks Dr.Chen

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

My experience with De Chen and all the staff at Ashbury Clinic has been without doubt exceptional from the very first day I rang for an appointment. I went to Dr Chen to enquire about liposuction and varicose vein treatment. I was feeling quite embarrassed about having this done but was also very nervous about the process. Dr Chen not only made me feel complete trust almost immediately but he was also so reassuring, professional and supportive. He was incredibly patient with explaining things thoroughly to me and I just can’t thank him enough for the suggestions he made to me to improve my overall outcome. He is a total perfectionist and even though he had prepared me for not being completely happy with the result for a couple of weeks due to swelling etc, I was amazed and completely satisfied from day one. What he did for me has and will change my life immensely. Prior to the surgery I was very self conscious and avoided activities which might involved swimwear or shorts or even short dresses. I had liposuction of 4 areas - inner and outer thighs, knees and love handles. He told me he couldn’t work miracles !! He lied. He worked absolute miracles! I’m so happy with every part of this business and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this practice above all others. You will not be sorry and quite honestly I think should not even consider alternatives. He is the best and his staff supporting him are nothing short of the best also. I’m sure there would be few people as anxious as me in having these procedures done and I can assure anyone contemplating any procedure that this is the doctor you want by your side. Thank you Dr Chen and a very special thank you to Larina who has been just amazing also. I will never forget what you have done for me , nor can I ever thank you enough for the quality of your work. I’m thrilled.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. James Chen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients