Ratings for Dr. Nancie Parent

I have no words for this woman. I'm pregnant so I went in for my first prenatal visit at 6 weeks to confirm pregnancy. She sent me for a urine/blood test as well as an ultrasound for a due date then said to come back in 2 weeks for a routine check up. When I came back I waited a full hour for her, with an appointment! By the time I got in there she asked why I was there... Do these people not have patient files?? She said she still didn't have the ultrasound results and it was probably somewhere in there system. I began explaining I had complications a few days earlier but the hospital I went to found a heartbeat! She was completely negative with me saying there's a good chance I'm going to lose the baby and I need to be prepared. Obviously I'm aware of the possibilities, yet about 3 times over, she continued to show no empathy or positive regard for my feelings as I'm clearly scared and all this is new to me. I left in tears. Never once did she even touch me, no blood pressure, nothing! All because 'there's other patients waiting'. It has now been 3 weeks and I'm waiting to hear back from my second ultrasound, even though I still never heard about the first. This woman is awful. DO NOT SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THIS UNACCEPTABLE TREATMENT!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

If I could rate Dr. Nancie Parent as 0 helpfulness and knowledge I would have. She has since moved from Guelph, I saw her in Kitchener, in a medical centre for a meet and greet. My first impression was the right impresion....RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN TO FIND ANOTHER DOCTOR. But being the person that I am, I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt and went back a second time. WHAT A MISTAKE. She asked me what I was doing there/what I wanted? I told her simply that I needed a referral to a specialist She sat there for 10 min, wasting my time, because she decided to take alate lunch and now was running behind, arguing with me how the referral needed to be worded eventhough I've been seeing this specialist for over 5 years. I am definitely not paying the money to have my files transferred to her. I'm now on the hunt, yet again, for a new GP.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

If I could have given this woman a zero for helpfulness or knowledge. This doctor basically told me that I'm causing my own issues because of my choice to use medical marijuana. She essentially told me that there are too many factors "of my own doing" for her to want to help me. When I tried to tell her what I was hearing in the situation she told me I was "manipulating the situation". This was my first impression of this woman and I will not be going back. I have been switched to another doctor in the office after talking to the office manager. I would not recommend this "doctor" to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Just met her for the first time, she's rude and unhelpful. Made me feel very uncomfortable and actually was using google to search for answers in front of me. She completely contradicted the advice i was given from my previous doctor and a specialist which has been very effective and suggested switching medications. I will be trying to find another doctor immediately.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

I would like to submit that I had written a review about Dr. Parent that was apparently deleted. To quote, it said, " I could go into many things regarding her practice but suffice it to say that if you are able to get another doctor, I would suggest doing so." I do not see any reason to delete this comment other than someone doesn't want it being read. There were other very well written, albeit not flattering, reviews that were also deleted. I just thought those reading these might want to have that information.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

Terrible Experience ever! She is very rude and always watching the time to meet the next number, Ops! Patient. I did the pap smear with her and I bleed. She asked me if I had any absorbent and I said no. She left the room and threw an absorbent in the chair. She saw that she fell on the floor. And I was still naked on the stretcher. He just laughed and disappeared. I dressed and I did not know if it was to leave the room or not and when I saw her, she was already with another patient. I felt humiliated with this butcher! P.S: Her secretary is awful also!!!

Submitted November 22, 2016

Dr. Parent is fine for small stuff but when it come to anything complicated she prefers you to figure it out yourself including suggesting methods of treatment. Fine for some things but serious issues can be difficult to figure out on your own. Is that not why you go to a doctor in the first place. When she does not know something she tells you (which is good) but makes no effort to find out about the disease or understand the test results. There is also no follow through from the office after test to go over the results and minimum physical contact even when called for to examine the patient. Overall i would not recommend her to anyone. Cambridge dweller be wary

Submitted June 6, 2016

Have been a patient of Dr. Parent since she came to Guelph. Has been a good doctor but I was very disappointed that she asked me to book a follow-up appointment for a date after she closes her practice. She had to have known at that point that she was leaving Guelph and I thought it very poor of her not to tell me then. Now her hours for her few remaining weeks are next to nothing. Practice closes June 30th,

Submitted May 31, 2016

Dr. Parent has been extremely helpful to my family for over six years now. She is very kind and always willing to accommodate us. We are sorry she is closing her practice.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2016

Sorry to loose her to Cambridge! She knows when to refer, when to seek tests to rule out alternate diagnosis or confirm the one given. Thank you Dr P.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2016