Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Ashby

I made Dr Richard Ashby my primary family doctor because he is very knowledgeable makes me feel comfortable and overall a very good doctor. I live in Southern Maryland and travel about an hour and half for my doctor's appointment. when I could've found a doctor 5 minutes away from where I live so this just goes to show you how much confidence I have in Dr Ashby. I recommend dr. Richard Ashby very highly to anyone. dr. Richard Ashley I think you for your help and service.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

no comments that bad. drop in and see for your self, to much going on.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I called to see if the Dr. worked with Humana. I was placed on hold forever, and ended up calling back. I asked the girl who answered the phone if the Dr. accepted Humana Medicare PPO's. She had never heard of Humana, and couldnt even pronounce the name properly.( Seriously, where do they find these people who have no knowledge of insurance, and to give them a job in a Dr.'s office.) The girl had to keep asking somebody else all of my questions, and then who ever she was asking barged in on my call, and asked how she could help as if she was bothered that she was talking with me. I asked if she was someone that worked in the Dr.'s billing office, She indicated that she didnt. She would not transfer me, and insisted that she help me. I asked if with a Humana Medicare PPO, would the Dr. bill the insurance company as out of network. She told me that was illegal!!! I told her that is not an illegal thing to do, and her statement was wrong. She Hung up on me. Great Staff you have there.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2012

Dr. Ashby's staff often laughs as they are answering the phone. Once you have an appointment, expect to wait at least 1.5 hr for the appt to start. Then expect to get a full physical checkup regardless of your reason for visiting. Finally, if you are asking more unusual health questions, expect Dr. Ashby to google the questions in front of you.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

DR Richard Ashby is a good doctor in his practice, however unless you have two to three hours to wait in his office I wouldnt suggest going. His staff is not the most polite and he has moved office locations three times in the past 11 months...somthing is going on with that, also they do not accept credit cards so I couldnt use my Health Spending Account.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2011

Always a 3 hour minimal wait even with appointments. Always student doctors or nurse practitioners who are better than him. Casual and unprofessional. Junky office. Germy bathroom and floors. He talks about unrelated topics. Gets offended when you ask him questions. Doesn't want patients to be knowledgable but to accept and fully trust what the "DOCTOR" says. Had him because i was on medicaid. Now I have more of a choice.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

The office switched my lab result with another patient and proceeded to give me a diagnosis that was not mine. He told me I was pre-diabetic and needed to lose weight to avoid the onset of diabetes, when really my results were completely normal (he later told me). The office staff are unfriendly and the office itself is in poor repair.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Small office space, with long wait time which can be up to an hour. Staff is unprofessional at times. Patients allowed to eat in waiting area

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

The waiting time was too long. It took nearly 3 hours to get a simple blood test and I haven't heard a thing about the results. Very unprofessional.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

DR ASHBY IS A VERY CONCERNED AND RESPECTFUL DOCTOR HE TAKES HIS TIME TO GET TO KNOW AND UNDERSTAND HIS PATIENTS. HE ALSO TAKES HIS TIME TO EXPLAIN EVERYTHING THAT IS NEEDED AND DONE AT THE TIME OF THE VISIT. SO I EVALUATE DR RICHARD ASHBY AS AN AWESOME DOCTOR SO I WILL HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM

flag | Submitted May 26, 2010

Dr. Richard B. Ashby's Credentials

• Howard University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)