Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Swords

The doctor seems very detached and disinterested in the patient's specific issues. He basically tells you how it's going to be, with no real discussion. Although he will answer questions, reasonable questions about alternatives to risky surgery are handled dismissively. The staff is truly terrible. Trying to cancel or change an appointment is a nightmare, and I was spoken to in a very snotty and condescending manner by one staff member for no good reason (i.e., I was polite and trying to be reasonable). You may be held to blame for failures in office workflow and communications - things which are beyond the control of patients. Discussing what this doctor recommended with another physician "raised some eyebrows". In my opinion based on conversations with other physicians and my research, his approach went immediately to the most extreme and risky option. Whether you choose this doctor or another, do not commit to potentially life-altering surgery without doing your homework or seeking other opinions.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

Didn't care about me...Seemed like he just wanted to get paid. He didn't care about my concerns or anything I had to say. Young hot shot.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

Dr. Swords repaired my ankle from a bad surgery. He was very kind and explained everything to me so I could understand what he was going to do. My foot is now straight and I am walking like I should. I would recommend him to anyone. He really knows what he is doing. I am very happy with my results.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

Dr. Swords operated on my foot earlier this year. My foot is so crooked that my toes are crowded off to one side. TWO other doctors who have seen my foot said I will need more surgery to repair. When I voiced my concerns to Dr. Sword he told me my foot will always look crooked. He didn't seem concerned at all even though I voiced how upset i was with the results. And don't even get me started about his assistant. She was horribly rude and disinterested both times I saw her. I will never see him again.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

Dr swords was very professional and did an amazing job. Not only did he repair my fracture but his follow up was outstanding..

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Dr. Swords is an excellent physician and I highly recommend him. My primary physician referred me to Dr. Swords when I fractured my lower leg because " he is the best." Dr. Swords clearly explained my options, made room in his schedule so I could have my pre-op appointment and surgery on his next surgery day and followed through after the surgery with excellent bed side manners. Dr. Swords was able to stabilize my complicated distal tibia fracture with excellent results so I am back to work as a physical therapist helping others to recover.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

I fell on the ice on a Friday night and shattered my ankle. I passed on the surgeon on call for Dr. Swords. He took time away from his family to operate on me Sunday morning. Two rods, 13 pins and four months later I'm recovering. I feel very fortunate Dr. Swords operated on me. This was a severe break and very complicated to repair. He was widely recommended by the hospital staff. He was honest and and gave me a realistic assessment of my condition and recovery. I found him to be very engaged in my recovery and wanted to see me do well. Having never broken a bone in my life at 56 this was the most humbling experience I've ever had. Dr. Swords helped me get through a very tough time. Thank you.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Swords was great when we saw him for my 11 year old son's broken big toe. He answered all our questions and was very nice.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

My mother is a surgical nurse in the Lansing area. She referred me to this doctor because I trusted her judgement since I had hurt my thumb before and the doctor she had me see was amazing. However, this time during my first visit, I didn't even get to see him, instead I saw his physician assistant. She didn't seem very helpful and even my mom knew something was more wrong my ankle than just a sprain. I scheduled a second appointment to actually see Dr. Swords. He had me waiting 45 minutes in his room. Then I was convinced he forgot to come to my room so I walked out the room looking for someone asking if he was coming. Then I saw him running out so he could see me. Obviously he forgot to come to my room and secondly, it seemed like I was an inconvenience. He seemed really rushed and in my opinion, good doctors take their time. After ONE month, my ankle sprain isn't even better. :(

flag | Submitted January 14, 2012

This is the worst doctor I have ever had. He made me feel like I was nothing and not even worthhis time. I will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Dr. Michael P. Swords's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Top Urgent Care Centers in East Lansing, MI