Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Renouard

If you've got insurance, he'll run every test in the book and then tell you everything's fine. More interested in his bottom line than practicing good medicine.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

Thinks everything's funny from the stone stuck in your Prostate he was pushing on that he thought was a tumor. Note he removes stones " but he doesn't stop you from getting them at all" when you tell him your kidneys are hurting and where ! He says the scans don't show anything ! And three days later you pass a stone and then two days after that you pass (almost pass) another with the help of tweezers cause approx. 3/4" from exiting it was stuck. BUT HE SAID THERE NOTHING ON HIS SCANE. WONT EVER GO BACK !

flag | Submitted July 22, 2014

Super doctor. Very personable. Understands and takes good care of me. Great with kidney stones and prostate.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2013

I LOVE Dr Renouard! He's been my doctor since 1999 (12 years) and has been the best urologist in the state of Oklahoma. I have seen other urologists....Dr Renouard is unique in many ways. He is not a fan of rushing into surgery unless it is an emergency and he likes to try other ways to avoid it.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

I went to the Mercy ER, with sever left flank pain. They ran a CT Scan and found a Kidney Stone. I was referred to Dr. Renouard. He checked the CT Scan and correctly diagnosed the stone. Due to the size of the stone and the placement (stuck in the left kidney) I had lithotripsy to break up the stone. Turns out it was 16mm by 10mm (not 13mm by 4m). I had to have a second lithotripsy to remove the remainer of the stone. I was in extreme pain and he explained the large kidney stone size, the procedure, and what would be done. The stone was stuck in the kidney at the top of the ureter. I had to have a stent in place to help the broken stones pass. I am very greatful to Dr. Renouard and his staff for their timely ness in this matter and the care I was given. The Edmond office is very punctional and I was in and out for follow up visits very quickly. I would highly recommend him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

The person with the hidden stones sure got lucky. When I suggested that perhaps my CT was misread, he assured me that wasn't possible. Really? I am in terrible pain. He told me to take Advil. He is arrogant, doesn't listen to his patients, and certainly doesn't want you questioning anything he says. My husband also had a bad experience with him prescribing medicines he didn't need, simply because he didn't take the time to listen to his patient. He's like going to a child with a medical degree. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

Told me I had microscopic drops of blood in my urine and ordered several tests. When none of them showed anything, he said everything looked good and to come back in six months. Never went back and haven't had any more problems. If I hadn't had insurance, I wonder if all those tests would have been ordered.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Renouard probably saved my life. After months in pain and being kicked from doctor to doctor, I finally found a man who actually listens and tries to explain logically to the patient what is going on with his/her body. After passing two kidney stones, I was sent from doctor to doctor for test after test, because I was still light-headed, dizzy, and in considerable pain, but these doctors continued to assure me that I was stone free and a hypochondriac. The problem it turned out was that the two CT scans were messed up by the techs. Dr. Renouard refused to ignore my symptoms and dismiss me. He ordered an ultrasound of my kidney and found seven small stones embedded deeply in the fold and a CT (supervised by him!) using smaller section cuts revealed a stone stuck in my ureter. It had been there so long that the endoscopy revealed that is was half covered with scar tissue. He preformed a Lithotripsy and stone retrieval. He has kept a close eye on me sense. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2010

My Family Practice Doctor recommended this Doctor,after a high PSA result. He said I would be in good hands. My original gut feeling with this Doctor was "Go To Another Doctor!" But I totally trust my Family Practice Doctor's opinion. Since then I have had a biopsy, and recurring outbreaks of Prostatitis. I don't really know what's going on and he is not really explaining clearly to me. He tends to hint that my digestive system is causing my urological problems. I have gone to another Digestive Doctor on his recommendation. When I addressed this with the New Digestive Doctor, he seemed puzzled and uncomfortable about saying anything on that. I have had other urological health issues and when I address them with him, I too have been interrupted. He tends to raise his voice in this process. I thought that I had did something wrong. But now I see now what a mistake I made by choosing this Doctor. The only positive thing is the biopsy was negative for CA. "GO TO ANOTHER DOCTOR!"

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Dr. Robert S. Renouard's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1994)

Top Hospitals in Weatherford, OK