Ratings for Dr. Brian L. Harlan

I suffered very bad from a reaction to seroquel among other things, it was the single most worst thing in my life I went through. If it was not for this Dr I would have been lost in agony and eventually death. This Dr is the top of his game, the Dr. "house" of his office. (but much kinder)

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Harlan was the most understanding and knowledgable Dr. I've ever been to and I've been to a lot of Dr.s. He also has a great sense of humor which is essential if you find yourself in the psych ward.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Dr. Harlan came up with a viable treatment for a Traumatic Brain Injury to the left frontal lobe I had suffered in 2007. My brain was effectively shutting down and my short-term memory was almost non-existent. Dr. Harlan's clinical examination, based on an MRI at Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, led him to prescribe 'Guanfacine' . . . to begin the healing process. The net effect has been an almost immediate and dramatic improvement in short-term memory plus a significant boost to my intellect as well as my ability to reason. I would recommend Dr. Harlan to any and all TBI patients . . . he is the absolute best of the best!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

Love this man. He saved my life in a manner of speaking. Went to bat for me when noone else would. Was so sad when he left his practice in Searcy.The only psychiatrist that I felt ever really cared.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2010

I have been in the mental health system for 16 years and Dr Harlan is the first Dr that has taken the time to diagnose me right. So, after all this time I finally know I am not schizophrenic. I have epilepsy and depression. When I came to him I wasn't sleeping at all and now I am. He teaches me about my condition as new things arise and I love his sense of humour, he is a funny guy. I am glad I know I him. Sometimes he runs a little late in the office when I come for appointments, but that is because he is the medical director of the psychiatric unit at UVRMC and everyone is always trying to get him to do something. I like him alot.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

I have been to a lot of "professionals". Whereas I frequently encounter a doctor desiring to validate my weakness and medicine's role in compensating, Harlan's frankness was at first off-putting to me. But I found him informative and collaborative (that is, he collaborated with me). Moreover, he did not require such frequent checkups as other doctors have done (saving me a bit of money and time).

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Usually slow, but worth the wait. Takes his time with you. VERY considerate and helpful, Straightforward and honest. Seems to know a lot about other areas of medicine as well.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2006

Dr. Brian L. Harlan's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

HealthPartners