Ratings for Dr. Yancey R. Holmes

If I could give this 0 stars, I would. I Took my dad to see dr. Yancey holmes yesterday morning at their office in the hospital. Signed him in and asked if he could be billed for his copay. The lady wearing a tye dye shirt and dark hair behind the counter told me she would have to check his insurance cards. I filled out all the paperwork for the office went back up to the desk and I was told that his copay was $45. I asked once again if I could have it billed. I got told in a rude manner by this girl that it was office policy. (Okay I get that). I told her I had to reschedule then because he doesn’t have the $45 as per their sign in the office. Apparently that wasn’t good enough so she got the office manager who is really tall and had blonde hair with a white lab coat on. She came in and screamed at me about how it’s office policy and that it was discussed on the phone prior. She demanded to know who she talked to make the appointment and said “didn’t anyone understand that?” I told her I’m not the one who talked to you so I didn’t know and I’m not involved. She said she would waive the fee but next he better bring the money. Waited An HOUR for him to be called back just to get the doctor himself who was very rude and said he didn’t know why we were there and theres nothing he can do. Needless to say they aren’t getting their $45 from us.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

Dr. Holmes started out as a pretty good endo, but he was unable to treat hypothyroidism correctly. He gave two sided information, and didn't follow through on calling in prescriptions very well. The office is all about MONEY, which wasn't a problem as long as I can get the treatment I wanted, but that wasn't even an option. Save your money if you think he can help you lose weight with hypothyroidism, because they are very unaccomodating, and really don't care about their patients from my experience.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr Homes cares more about the money than his patients, if u cannot afford to pay the bill when they think u should pay it, they cancel your apts and won't refill your meds! When u have a thyroid disorder they would u need your meds everyday, but they do not care! I would not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Dr Holmes has taken very, very good care of me. He's very attentive & listens ! I'm sad to be going on to another Dr. The only reason is I had Thyroid Cancer & will be seeing an Oncologist., otherwise, Dr Holmes would be my number 1 !

flag | Submitted January 10, 2015

Dr holmes was very kind and gentle during the biopsy. his staff has been very nice so far very good experience

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

terrible with patient follow up after putting them on new medication with bad side effects.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2012

Dr.Holmes saved my fathers life. had it not been for his trt, my Dad would have been diagnosed as an alzheimers patient and place away. he reconized his deficencies and replaced the things he needed and he is 90% percent better. He still has few side effects and this may be due to long time his problem undiagnosed by family doctor. I Thank God for him and as long as God gives me the gas I will continue to take me my mom and dad to see him. We drive from Somerset to Maysville and will continue to do so. He and Raejean Jesse Nurse Practioner are excellent about listening to the patient,and thats where it all starts. They are both knowledgable in their care. I also Thank God for the Nurse in Lexington who told me about them.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Non-caring and rude doctor. Refused to call in my meds or see me again because I questioned why it took over an hour for a 1 minute appointment. I wasnt being loud but I was upset. They sent me a letter instead of telling me over the phone or in person. The doctor didnt even see me, he sent in the nurse practitioner and she didnt even know he was going to start me on meds, she stood at the door, and said he just wanted to see me again in 6 months. I had to ask about the meds, then she had to ask the doctor about it while he sat at his desk in his office.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2011

Dr. Holmes is a great doctor who is very knowledgeable and truly cares about his patients. My life has changed dramatically since I have been doctoring with him. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and now with medication that has been monitored by blood work, I feel like a new person. Ohio Valley Endocrinology has an excellent staff as well.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2009

Dr. Holmes is the best!! He knows his stuff and takes time to make me feel like I am his only patient.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2009

Dr. Yancey R. Holmes's Credentials

• University Of Louisville School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Arise Health Plan