Ratings for Dr. Thomas E. Hendrick

flag | Submitted July 25, 2012

I was extremely ill in Citrus Memorial, I refused the surgery asking for a needle biopsy first, I had a MRSA infection in my breast and was swollen, but not breaking through. Dr. Hendrick informed me that no one cared what my 40 year old breasts looked like and I had to have the surgery, I continued to refuse, he proceeded to cut open my breast while I was still in my hospital bed, with just a towel from the chair under me, no effort to sterlize the area, and used a weak, local anesthetic, which quickly lost it's effect, there was no drainage, so he kept cutting deeper, basically digging in with the scalple, it was extremely painful, after several minutes, he realized he was not going to get anything and took a swab for the lab, which could have been obtained through a needle biopsy, and walked away leaving the nurse to put a butterfly bandage on the wound. I refused to pay the considerable bill, as he was not on my insurance and he sued me for the balance, I still have the debt.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

Dr. Thomas E. Hendrick's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Inverness, FL