Ratings for Dr. Elias D. Stratigouleas

If you have hours to kill, go to this practice. The poor scheduling will eat up your life. They need to put cots in the waiting room so patients can at least get a nap out of what is an interminable wait. Dr. Stratigouleas needs instruction in being even just a little bit reassuring and also could use some reminding that a patient might be an expert when it comes to relating his own symptoms. Not on the diagnosis, of course, but on the symptoms.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

It only took me three weeks to get an appointment, but it took over 2 hours to be seen, with no explanation or apology for the wait. The appointment lasted 15-30 minutes long and included a nasal endoscopy and cautery. This appointment was for my 7 year old son. The cautery was an uncomfortable procedure so when he was done, as his mother, I said "Great job! You are super tough!" Dr. Stratigouleas expanded on that with "You are tough, you are a boy. You are not a girl. A girl couldn't handle that." He may believe that but as a mom of BOTH boys and girls and a triathlete myself. I consider that really offensive and certainly not appropriate to say to my 7 year old. He recommended surgery, but I went ahead and brought him to a second doctor. That doctor prescribed a simple over the counter nasal gel that has pretty much stopped the issue (and he was on time and professional) Oh and he billed my insurance over $1000.00 for this.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2012

I found Dr. Stratigouleas to be very friendly and willing to take the time to listen to me and talk with me about my problems and concerns. Without a doubt, he is a very knowledgeable and capable ENT doctor and he had me correctly diagnosed in short order. His care was superb and his attitude was caring and compassionate. I cannot recommend him highly enough. Yes, the TENT office is very difficult to get into as the doctors are all so busy, but I found if you call everyday to see if there has been a cancellation, the staff is happy to check for you. My first appointment was scheduled for 3 months but once I learned this trick, I was seen in two weeks.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2011

Saw Dr. S in early Jan. 2011 for ear infection. He blew high pressure sulfur into my ear and created large hole in eardrum that caused complete hearing loss. I fired him, and had to have surgery to have new eardrum created. I would rate him poorly and and I feel he did not exercise best standards of care. I do not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2011

He is younger dr. He thinks he is right (based on his education and not experience (only been a dr for 2 years). Doesn't consider all your symptoms and is one of those dr.s that think every issue is by the book. He does NOT look outside the box and figure out that yes someone can have something more uncommon occur! I've had to wait a long time every time I've went (over 30minutes. They have canceled my appointments 2 days prior then rescheduled weeks later (no matter how severe my symptoms were). The other dr.s in this office seem to have it together, unfortunately I've not been able to get into one.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Elias D. Stratigouleas's Credentials

• Spanish

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)