Ratings for Dr. Jody Murray

I have been seeing Dr Murray for 15 years now. Very helpful, knowledgeable, personable and always fits me in. I will be very sad the day she retires.....

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Quality of care has really declined with Dr. Murray at Broadview Medical. I have been seeing her for many years, and lately I have been looking for an alternative. She is inattentive when you are with her, always rushing, you have to be very rude and forceful and interrupt her with your questions otherwise she is running out the door before you can even think about it. If she wants to refer you to a specialist, be prepared to harass her receptionist because she drops just about every ball available. I would be shocked if will get a referral without at least 5 follow up calls. Seems like the Dr says that just to get you out of the office but then the communication between her and the front office is really lacking. I had to follow up for several weeks for a very basic referral and I was constantly just fed one excuse after another. Finally, I just took it into my own hands and called a specialist directly and got an appointment in less than a week. Front office needs ALOT better attention to detail and needs to care a little bit about what she does. Because right now, she just punches a clock. We all get that it's busy, but if you can't handle that then you need to switch careers. To be constantly told she needs a day or two more just to be still following up six weeks later is completely unacceptable. My own fault, I knew I was dealing with complete incompetence so I should have actioned it on my own much sooner instead of waiting in pain. I am not exactly a drain on the medical system, by the way, I might seek medical care once a year, maybe. So I'm definitely not one of those people who runs in every time I have a cold wanting medication. So especially given that - If I show up needing help - that means I really need it. But there is very little assistance available with this practice and the office is generally unorganized and very poorly run.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Too controlling. Perfunctory. Only deals with one issue per visit even if it is not complex. A few minutes late for your appointment will mean automatic cancellation, even if there are extenuating circumstances. Knowledge good. Needs extra office staff in he mornings.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I find over time Dr Murray is hard to get an appointment. I had a bladder infection and called on a Thursday and they couldn't fit me in with her till the following Wed. Bladder infections can't wait that long. Yet they don't want me to go to a walk in clinic I'm supposed to go to the hospital which would be a very long wait for a bladder infection. She is also seems to be running late and seems to cut my appointments short. I am going elsewhere for another doctor that has time and compassion.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Murray since she opened her practice and I have to say after seeing her this week, I am very disappointed. First off, when I arrived in the office I stood at the receptionist window for over 1 minute and she never even looked up. She was on the phone but that is her job to see people coming in and checking them in. I did not expect a conversation but at least look up and acknowledge my presence! After the room cleared out I went to the window again and she said "oh, I didn't see you there"....there was nobody else in the room at that point! I am not a 'frequent flyer', I have been to see Dr. Murray 2 times in the last 4 years. She was running late again by 25 mins. Other people work too, I need to get to work and we are paying for parking while we are waiting on her. If she had an emergency, she should say "sorry to keep you waiting, I had an unexpected emergency". I was scheduled for my check-up (last one 4 yrs ago) and she barely looked at me. I felt like she was reading a script. She did not ask if I had any concerns. She did what she had to, vaccine, pap, blood pressure, etc. and then turned and said 'you are done, good-bye". Really? I am so upset about this I had to leave my comment.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2016

Dr Murray over time has changed. She used to take the time to listen to me. When she enters the room she says what's up, in other words hurry up. I feel rushed. She also seems to have the attitude that it's her way or the highway. I also have never seen a doctor dress in a tight dress and high heels. Whatever happened to the white coat?

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Murray for many years. She is an incredibly kind and compassionate Doctor and even during her very busy day takes time to listen and be thorough in providing medical care. Dr. Murray looks at the bigger picture and if right, will refer to other medical specialists. Gail, the office receptionist is a very kind and attentive person. She handles so many enquiries and is always busy yet is quick to respond to phone calls and is very accomodating. Even though wait Times may sometimes may be long Dr. Murray gives her time with her patients.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Murray for the past 25 years and have never had a problem except for her being late occasionally. I called last week with an emergency in terrible pain Gail the receptionist told me she could not see me at all this week and if I was having that much pain go to emergency. I was so upset and disappointed in Dr. Murray I thought she was a much more caring and compasionate but obviously not. I will not return to her office or ever recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I have had no problem with Dr.Murray in Ottawa and the same goes with her recepetionist. One person commented on Dr. Murray in Almonte. Please make the distinction between the two Doctors before leaving comments...especially negative comments.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I went to see Dr. Murray with my newborn son who was just 2 weeks old. He was born prematurely and received some special care in the hospital, but Dr. Murray was not at all interested about his medical history. She didn't even ask. According to her, my son wasn't gaining enough weight. I replied that the feeding goes well and that I am not concerned about his weight. She said 'I am worried and you should be worried too!'. Get this! Such a sentence could completely freak out any nursing mother and may even stop the milk flow as a result. Breastfeeding needs trust and encouragement instead of the threat of having to feed additional formula. She didn't even have time for a friendly good bye. I was shocked by her manner and chose not to see her again. By the way I followed up with the midwife on the same day (!) and my son is completely fine, with perfect weight! If you think of seeing Dr. Murray with a baby, think again!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014