Ratings for Dr. David F. Trent

Eh, this guy ate my organic strawberries and knows next to nothing about kidney cancer. I wish my father had let me take him to someone who gave a “care.” If you have a complex cancer, go to Sloan or UVA.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

My husband has been treated by dr Trent he has melanoma skin cancer. Dr Trent said he was a melanoma specialist.....the true is he almost nothing about melanoma and has made some careless decisions . No knowledge of the disease or treatments but has no problem taking quarter of a million dollars from the insurance company, he may know other cancers, but not melanoma. Has left us afraid to trust another oncologist.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2013

Dr Trent saw my dad when my dad was admitted to Henrichos Doctors Hospital in October 2012. At first meeting him, I was not super impressed. Dr. Trent talked so loud the whole floor knew of my dads issues. He was practically screaming. There was talk among many doctors trying to treat my dad, cardiologist, infectious disease, and hematologist due to my dads blood disorder. When my mom and I were not there one evening Dr Trent came into the room and basically told my dad that heart surgery on him would be wasting the cardiologists time and with the number of units of blood my dad would need for heart surgery that blood could go to someone with better chance of survival. My dad was in tears after his conversation with Dr Trent. My mom requested Dr Trent to come talk to her the next day but he never would. What a horrible thing to say to someone that just didn't want to die and needed help.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2012

I was treated for breast cancer...a wonderful man, a busy doctor. Always thorough, allows all questions, answers with compassion. A leader in his field, highly respected by his peers. Gives his patients plenty of time with his visits. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a great doctor while going through cancer treatment.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2009

Dr. David F. Trent's Credentials

• Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company