Ratings for Dr. Andrew Tsui

Excellent family doctor. Always helpful and knowledgeable. He is sensitive about my weight and mental health issues. He referred me to a weight loss specialist, even though he doesn't think I will fit the criteria and recommended medication for my anxiety, but once I said I didn't think it was right for me, he dropped the topic.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

Great MD. Have been a patient for several years and happy with the experience.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Tsui for quite a few years. Overall, he is a very good family doctor and a helpful and understanding person. Being in any doctors office gives me quite a bit of anxiety, and I certainly appreciate that Dr. Tsui understands this and does his best to make patients like myself feel comfortable. I have seen many qualified specialists due to his recommendations. Wish more doctors cared about their patients the way Dr. Tsui does.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Tsui's for almost 8 years. I am thrilled that I am 54 years old now and he looks as ageless as Doogie Houser! Means I'll have him as my "forever MD". I'm a teacher getting close to retirement so I've heard and seen a lot. My B. Shi-Tometer is set on high at all times, lol. This highly skilled, incredibly intelligent and informative, punctual, caring and friendly man is a tribute to his profession. Not unlike most men, I was hesitant to go to the doctor. I look forward to my appointments with him and telling him what's going on and learning from him. He is quick to send you to a specialist and double checking things. As for the negative comments on his staff....I treat them respectfully and they return the treatment. They are really nice people if you take the time to be friendly and cordial. One word of advice if you are fortunate enough to be his patient....be on time, don't whine, tell him the truth in as few words as possible...he likes to stay punctual. He'll go the extra mile for you! I trust him completely and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

Transphobe gatekeeper in CAMH's pocket. Stay away.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Dr. Tsui is professional, prompt, knowledgeable and friendly (though at times he could loosen up a bit). I recommend him very highly. Unfortunately, in order to see him one has to navigate Cerberus at the front desk. The staff that "greet" visitors to the clinic are truly fearsome beasts. Unfriendly, rude, pestering, and dictatorial. In brief, the last creatures on earth one would wish to encounter when injured, feeling ill or low down, or seeking to improve one's health. The nurse assistant, incidentally, shares the above qualities. She actually scolded us for allowing our 18 month old daughter to stand on the weigh scale in Dr Tsui's office. "She can't stand on the scale, it's not for children and she might break it! Seriously? Our daughter is 12kg... Why on earth does Dr. Tsui persist with these hags? It's not as if friendly and well-mannered receptionists/assistants are in short supply. We have now moved to a new clinic where the receptionists and assistants are wonderfully friendly. Hurray.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2015

I like the man. He listens and is surprisingly thorough. I rarely wait more than 5 minutes to see him and don't feel overly rushed when I do see him. The front desk staff could definitely use a tune up though. A wee bit unfriendly.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

He's a great family doctor! Very kind, understanding and doesn't jump to medicate when he doesn't need to. I've been seeing him since before he had his own practice and will travel across town to continue to see him. I must agree with the last post however, his front desk staff are unpleasant to say the least. He's worth the pain that they cause however!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Agree with the positive comments re: Dr. Tsui - he is fantastic! Very patient with questions and very through. On the other hand, his staff are among the rudest I have ever encountered - both on the phone and in person. If it wasn't so hard to find a Dr. in Toronto I would switch based on the front desk staff alone.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Our experience with Dr. Tsui has been overwhelmingly positive. He is kind, approachable, never rushes us, and seems to be well-read on recent medical findings. Admittedly, we haven't had any serious health issues to deal with, but I appreciate that he is very open to referring you to a specialist if he doesn't know the answer. He's wonderful with small kids too!

flag | Submitted January 25, 2015