Ratings for Dr. Jonathan M Goldstein

Mine is a fairly complex case that is still unresolved. Initially Dr Goldstein came across a little flat, but when done with my 45 minute appointment, I found him not only personable, but knowledgeable and up front as well. Did he have all the answers? Perhaps not, but as a physician, we don't always have the answers. Perhaps he spent more time with me because I am a physician, but I did not feel this was the case. Drs should be evaluated based on their care and competence; both of which were reasonable at the very least. I will update this if and when necessary!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Scary ...he really does not know what he is doing. Dangerously clueless! Do not trust him with your health or life. A friend said be wary of docs who move practice mid-career...usually a bad sign about their abilities. This doc moved to HSS after Yale prob told him to get lost. Now HSS needs to get rid of him before a lawsuit happens.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

wouldnt go back to this guy ever. incompetent staff doesnt begin to cover it.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I did NOT choose to see this "doctor", but he was chosen for me to obtain clearance for my surgery. After waiting 45 minutes after my appointment time ( i understand "doctor time"), i saw Dr. Goldstein. Started to tell him about my upcoming surgery, but about 15 seconds into my dissertation, he checked his cell phone. Then, he texted back to the person. RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL #1. When he went to check my x-rays on his computer, he 1st checked his email and then answered some emails. RUDE & DISRESPECTFUL #2. He never gave me an examination, just made me walk 6 feet in his office. I was out of his office in less than 15 minutes, which included his texting and email. After this miserable encounter, I paid him. He then received payment from my insurance company and has been holding MY money for2 1/2 months. His office kept telling me that I would receive a check in 2 weeks. Yesterday, they said 6 more weeks. I believe he is hoping I forget about my money. Not only does this man not care about his patients, but he is a CROOK.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Would never go back to this doctor. Very surprised he is on staff at HSS.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Dr. Goldstein has followed my Son Scott for his MG @ YNHH, I live in Connecticute however, My son now 30 was diagnosed with MG at the age of 23. he resides in FL for the past 4 years and because we are so satisfied with the quality of care from Dr. Goldstein, we currently fly him to NYC so that he is able to continue to be followed by Dr. Goldstein. Dr. Goldstein not only a very caring physician to his patients and their family members, in addition he is very knowledgeable and trustworthy. He has a wonderful staff in NYC, and we are very grateful for the excellent care that Scott has received from Dr. Goldstein over the years which has prevented him from every going into a full MG crisis. I would highly recommend him without reservations. Toni Brown

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

I went to him with a head trauma was very disappointed with Dr Goldstein. He spent more time looking at his phone than paying attention to my needs. I would never go back to him, was shocked he was on staff at HSS the other doctors I have seen there were much more professional.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

On a second opinion from the Chief of the Division of Neuro-Ophthalmology from a top New York City Hospital, we learned that the procedure recommended for my son was absolutely not the correct treatment. So frightening for the entire family. So grateful that we sought a second opinion. Office staff was not very efficient either.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2013

The office at Yale New Haven is extremely unhelpful, curt, and uncooperative. They should be ashamed of themselves for heckling patients with chronic neurological disease. Life is already hard enough as it is. Patients don't deserve to be heckled. If you don't want to be heckled by an uncaring staff, then seek help elsewhere.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Jonathan M Goldstein's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1986)