Ratings for Dr. James L. Pincock

I went to see him to have a tooth pulled. When he tried to pull it, my mouth was still not numb enough so he gave me another shot. He left the room for sometime and when he finally returned I again was not numb enough. He mumbled something rude under his breath and threw down his tools and left the room. When I questioned his dental hygienist she made excuses for him. I would never go back or recommend him. Sad to think I had him pull my kids wisdom teeth. Very rude and no bed side manner.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Dr. Pincock prescribed me meds on my first visit, telling me to take it on faith that he knew what he was doing. After waiting forty minutes on my second visit, he had forgotten who I was. He thought that I was a new patient and had not even bothered to look at my chart. Feeling very uncomfortable at this point and having no improvement with the meds I attempted to ask him to explain what his treatment plan was. He became angry and condescending being asked to explain and shortly thereafter walked out of the room when I had follow-up questions. He treated me horribly and I would not recommend anyone who wants to know what they are being prescribed to visit him.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

He is the best of the best. More on the quiet side, but very capable.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

I was terrified as I always am of having some very painful teeth pulled. From the first appointment to the last, the staff was friendly, caring and helpful. Dr. Pincock was very professional and I left, after being sedated, arrived home and just a few hours later, feel great. I have had no bleeding and minimum pain. I was very impressed with the staff and Dr. Pincock.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

I went to him for treatment and felt like he did not take me seriously. Dr. Pincock asked me to compare my TMJ pain; which causes me to have migraine headaches; to getting my arms and legs cut off as if I had gotten run over by a train. I was shocked by his attitude and will not use him for treatment again. He also charged me full price for the visit and then billed my insurance and has yet to refund the difference. My appointment was 15 minutes late and he spent less then ten minutes with me. He had removed my upper wisdom teeth in prior visit. During this visit he suggested that Dr. Allman who was treating me for my TMJ; was only out for my money; which I do not believe to be true. I got an infection from the removal of my wisdom teeth procedure which is very rare to happen when getting upper wisdom teeth removed. When I returned for treatment of the infection he was accusatory and dismissive. I believe his actions are not that of a professional and his bed side manner is atrocious.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Do not go to this doctor. He is rude, arrogant and uncaring. My daughter in law had all of her teeth pulled and then refused to even go back to him for aftercare. He accused her and I of being drug addicts when we asked for more help with her pain and swelling. She has had tooth pain for years due to decay and no dental care as a child (foster care). The pain meds she has taken do not work very well anymore and she had the procedure done on a Friday before a 3 day weekend. Go to Reno if you have to.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. James L. Pincock's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1986)

HealthPartners