Ratings for Dr. Patrick B. Wood

life saver takes time to listen to his patients so glad he is mississippi

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Wood is a wonderful doctor. Literally a lifesaver. I'm so thankful he is in the Mississippi area. He is respectful, knowledgeable, and takes time to know what is going on with his patients. He is up to date with the latest research and newest treatments. Determined to find the cause of your pain so that the cause can be effectively treated and you can get better.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2014

Dr. Wood is a lifesaver and a huge blessing. I do not have fibroid myalgia but he, unlike many other doctors, was able to figure out my issues and address them. My quality of life have improved immensely!!!! I hate to think where I would be if I had not found him. The reviews below say it perfectly. Such a kind, caring and helpful doctor who listens and truly seems to care about the patients quality of life. If I could only see one doctor for the rest of my life it would be Dr. Wood.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2014

I am NOT currently a patient of Dr. Wood's but, hope to be accepted soon. I was diagnosed by Dr. Wood when He was Director of The Faculty Clinic at LSUS with CFS, ADHD, and Limbic System Dysfunction along with Low Vitamin D and Protein Levels! I am so glad He is within driving distance from My Home in Central Louisiana! He is the only Dr.(possibly even more knoledgeable than Harvard's Neurological Research Physicians)who has a clue about My issues! He always took the time to inform Me about My issues and teach Me about them indepth! I always felt like He was more than just My Dr., He was My Friend! He cares about the Quality of Life of His Patients and I'm sure some Less Informed Physicians might find His Treatment Plans Unorthodox! They have the right to their opinion yet What He Prescribes Works, their arguments are Moot! I hope once again to become His Patient, as My PCP is only following Dr. Wood's Treatment Plan! Alot has changed in the past 5 Yrs. with Me and I need His Help! A++

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

I spent a fortune trying to find what's causing my mysterious symptoms. After 7 years of seeing 20+ doctors, I met Dr. wood who diagnosed me with RLS. My case is genetic-no cure but Dr. wood had put me on treatment plan which helped me get by everyday. Just to explain how severe my symptoms are, if lucky, I will get one hour of sleep/night; wrestle with multiple ice packs, hot patches all over my body, beat myself with a hammer, hit my body against a wall/pole, and ask family to punch me. Dr. Wood is very caring, extremely knowlegable, he's the most wonderful Doctor I've ever met. He never rushed through the exams,always took time to hear my concerns. I am more than confident, his priority is treating patients/their wellness rather than $. Now that he's gone, I am suffering again(the sleep specialist I was referred to is no help) I don't know what to do...If he relocated to another office somewhere, I would fly there in an instant and ask him for any recommendations.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2012

I have to leave a high recommendation for this wonderful, caring, and knowledgeable doctor.I was with Dr.Holman before he went into strictly research and was skeptical anyone could replace him.Dr Wood is his own type of doctor, of course, but he is like Dr. Holman in tha he doesn't believe one treatment fits all.He also orders whatever tests he feels are necessary to make a complete diagnosis.He's always prompt,gives you his full attention,asks good questions, and listens to you intently.Bad thing he is moving from Renton!.I will sorely miss him..I believe he is going to Jackson MS.They are so fortunate to get him.Thanks to him I get out of bed in the AM without a lack of sleep, happy,ready for my day,my walking has increased from barely 1/4 mile to 2 miles easily,and I am thinking about taking on a PT job.I am 65 years old, and,for the first time in a long time, really feel that these truly can be my golden years. God Bless,Dr Wood and Staff Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Dr. Wood was my doctor in Shreveport, La and before I started seeing him I thought I was going to die in pain, no one understood what Fibro was, he literally saved my life. No one in this area understands Fibro. Patrick Wood is the best doctor there is in this field, I just wish he was still in Shreveport. Dede Lowery Shreveport, LA

flag | Submitted March 5, 2010

For over 25 years I have dealt with fibromyalgia. One doctor told me I was just depressed because I was fat (I was 12 pounds over his chart) Years later, that doctor's ARNP diagnosed the FMS! Dr. Wood is the best. He tailors treatment to each case. He listens and asks great questions. He is extremely well-regarded in the FMS field. Although I know that I will never run a marathon, I am confident that I could walk a 5K within a few months and with his continued treatment. Truly grateful that my primary care physician sent me to Dr. Wood. Office staff is also amazing. j anderson

flag | Submitted December 23, 2009

Wonderful, caring, knowledgable doctor. A definite specialist in the area of Fibromayalgia. He listens to his patients and tries his best to create a plan or solution for each case. His office manager is awesome. She is so understandable and compassionate. A terrific doctor and staff. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2009

Dr. Wood is the most comprehensive doctor I've met with regards to helping the patient deal with Fibromyalgia symptoms and trying to provide adequate relief. He's personable, intuitive and genuinely knowledgeable about Fibromyalgia. I'm still working with him to establish an equitable treatment plan.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Patrick B. Wood's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Canton, MS