Ratings for Dr. Randi M. Beck

Dr. Beck has a couple month wait-list for appointments and I understand why. In 20 years of living with a spinal cord injury I have never met a Dr. with more knowledge and skill. She asked all the right questions, listened closely, and helped me form a plan that works for me. I left the appointment feeling heard and helped. I could not recommend her more highly.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

I hear (reliable second hand information) tales that Randi Beck is typical of Phsyiatrists I have seen. No manners, suspicious, no help, ludicarous treatment plans. If you must go to any physiatrist, take a witness and a tape recorder. Usually, I have always been sent to one by or because of a work related injury. Just beware. see also, Santosh Kumar, Klemo and Gevaert. Those I know personally. I just got my own condtion diagnosed and treated after 12, yes, twelve years and 42 , yes, 42 supposed doctors. Physiatrists greatly hampered my recovery by stating I had nothihg wrong.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

My wife is a quad and Dr. was a key member of a team that saved her life when other doctors failed to even look for a bone infection. She and her staff have been very effective in helping find alternatives in modes of treatment and supplies.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Randi Beck does only the minimum amount of work that she can. She did not tell me of outside resources such as the Muscular Dystrophy Association or recommend or suggest any specific equipment. There are some simple devices that I have learned about elsewhere such as "Up Easy Power Seat" that help me get out of a chair, but she's never mentioned any of them. Other than prescribing leg braces 15 years ago, she has been of very little help. She has watched me walk with my walker down the hall and back, but did not consider that I would be able to hold the walker with only one hand to, for example, open a door so that I could move from one room to another or that I have to walk backwards about two feet to get into bed. I walk toward the bed with my walker and must do a U-turn and back up to sit down on it. She did refer me to Occupational Therapy, but with only the minimal amount of guidance to them.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Randi M. Beck's Credentials

• Loyola Univ Of Chicago Stritch Sch Of Med, Maywood Il 60153 (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal