Ratings for Dr. Elizabeth A. Bower

Dr. Bower has been my PCP for a number of years. She has sat with me, listened to me and always hears me out. Her questions are probing and spot-on. I could not disagree more with the previous rating. Dr. Bower is the consummate caring, patient physician and has always treated me from a holistic view keeping my total health in mind. She has always given me time to remember my questions and I never felt hurried nor rushed and certainly never disrepected in any way ... quite the contrary.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dour and thoroughly humorless, Dr. Bower asked alarmingly few questions about my headache and was openly contemptuous of both my widely-published neurologist and my diagnosis. She admitted that she was not familiar with my disorder but went on to say, “While this diagnosis may very well turn out to be valid (How big of her to declare that!), I caution you that this is an experimental area.” (Yes, it is experimental because there is no other effective treatment.) Right after that, she suggested stopping all my psychiatric meds to see if my headache improves. Talk about CAUTION! Her arrogance and general air of why-are-you-bothering-me irritation go unrivalled among the (many, many) doctors I’ve seen lately. I've never had a doctor fail to understand my situation simply because she neglected to ask me even the most basic questions about my symptoms. I did allow her to write me one new prescription, which she did while CAUTIONING me that it might cause headaches!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Elizabeth A. Bower's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)