Ratings for Dr. Titus C. Abraham

I've been seeing Dr. A. for three years and am very pleased with him. He listens to me and has respect for my input. I find him to be compassionate and he always responds to my email questions in a very timely manner. He also never hesitates to refer me to a specialist when needed. I've only waited one time for maybe 20 min. and he was very apologetic when he saw me -- not all doctors do that. I find him to be very courteous and personable.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Dr. Abraham has been my PCP for ~3 years and since he became managing partner of the practice seems to viewing my patient care decisions through a financial lens. Every minor issue needs to resolved in the office, usually involving a 2 hour wait. If information is sent to him from a specialist there is an addition charge for him to read the specialist's report. During my 15 minute 6 month follow-up visits 13 of the 15 minutes are spent while he peers at the computer filling out a lengthy checklist of items which have very little bearing on whatever is bothering me at the time. Virtually no conversation, extremely cursory exams. I would say that he will provide specialist refers without much hassle, but his policy (and now the policy of the whole office) to wait until the last minute to obtain authorization for Rxs from insurance companies may be convenient for them but is a horror for patients. I am seriously considering finding another PCP. He may be knowledgeable but I have never had the time to have a real discussion with him to find out.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

After waiting for on hour past my appointment time, with no information or comment by the staff, I inquired when I would be seen. I was told that it would be at least another hour!! No courtesy. No regard for the patient as customer. I was asked to be on time, and had arrived early. Terrible.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

At first, I thought him very knowledgable and was impressed. A little later, I came to know his arrogance and distain for specialists because he thinks he can diagnose and treat everything himself. Very difficult to reach and frequently didn't respond to emails. Finally I had to find another doctor. I found out from staff this is not an isolated incident or unusual. He also charged for an office visit when it was supposed to be a physical. ( this allowed him to charge more for the visit).

flag | Submitted July 7, 2013

I've had a lifetime collection of chronic illnesses & have experienced hundreds of doctors but none like this one and that is NOT a compliment. I'm used to the arrogance of some doctor's but this one gets the prize. He prescribed xanax when I had anxiety symptoms as a result of too much thyroid medication (which he prescribed). I've never had anxiety problems & knew from past experience with thyroid fluctuations & dosage changes what must be going on. He would not listen to me. So I simply asked to be referred to a specialist & ignored his advice. I was feeling better in 2 to 3 weeks and the specialist agreed with ME. The final straw was his refusal to write a prescription for the amount of blood test strips I need per day. As a type 1 insulin dependent diabetic I need to test frequently. I'm used to arguing with the insurance company about test strips but not the doctor. He told me my "problem" was that I want to be in control. Yes I do, it's MY body and MY health!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2013

I saw Dr. Abraham shortly after he joined Annap Internal Med. I think he is a good dr, but displayed horrible bedside manner when he told me I had a brain tumor. Just blurted it out; did not offer me counseling or take account of the emotional devastation one feels after receiving that news. He had come highly recommended by a friend who is a dr and has an excellent rep on diagnostic ability. But his manner almost ruined my life that day; I was in tears in the parking lot and barely drove home. I hope he reads this, so that he never does this to anyone else.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2012

Excellent doctor. Really listens to what you have to say. Answers questions as thoroughly as possible. Seems to really care and try to do what is best for the patient.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Very knowledgeable regarding all health related issues ~ very patient with even the minor issues ~ good sense of humor ~ excellent follow-up on labwork ~ easy access for communicating directly with you

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Dr. Titus C. Abraham's Credentials

• University Of Maryland School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan